Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac Software Reinstall

• 01-03-2006 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

Ok so i just did a complete reinstall on my powerbook, and everything is in the process of being put back, but i just noticed when i used my Apple Software Install Discs it didnt put iLife back on, which originally came with it. Now i had intended to buy iLife 06 but wont have 70 quid spare for a couple of months and i really need garageband is there nayway to get it back? should it be on the CD's somewhere?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ciaranr

It is on an iBook anyway, might be different for PB but i can't see why it would be. Maybe if you tried reinstalling again?

Bit of a pain I know. One day recently iPhoto just stopped working on my iBook with 10.3.9 and the only solution was to reinstall everything. It seems that (for iBook anyway) that iLife is totally intergrated into the OS X installer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I certainly don't think Apple would sell a Powerbook and ilife on it and then not supply a copy on CD. Have you looked on the CDs yet? I'm sure it'll be there somewhere.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

It may or may not be the same as my 10.4.2 disks for my iMac but if you put disk 1 in and do command-F and search for 'pkg' under 'os x install disk' you should see the Garageband install package app. Fire that up, choose your destination etc and then it should ask you for the os x install disk 2 to load all the stuff on - probably a couple of gigabytes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

i'll also be reinstalling osx when my macbook arrives but i'm wondering if i choose not to install the languages and printer drivers, (by doing this it saves approximately 4gigs) will i still be able to use my home printer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Why would you "reinstall" OSX when your MacBook arrives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

No need to install the languages I reckon. Maybe safer to install the printer drivers and once you're up and running just delete all the folders in the printers folder that are not the brand of printer that you have.

Advertisement