Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheapest Petrol In and Around the City/Suburbs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭rebelden

Lee Auto Centre Model Farm Road has petrol 126.9 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

rebelden wrote: »
    Lee Auto Centre Model Farm Road has petrol 126.9 this morning.

This place always has cheap petrol, but each time I've used it (twice) my car spluttered like crazy. It was a new (2nd hand car) and I thought it was the car until I turned the lawn-mower on and the same thing happened!

Interestingly, anytime I pass this garage I never see a taxi filling up there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Loire wrote: »
    Interestingly, anytime I pass this garage I never see a taxi filling up there ;)

Well in fairness one reason for this could be that very very few taxis actually travel the Model Farm Road. It is something I have noticed before. It is VERY rare to see an empty taxi on this road compared to others.
    So maybe they simply don't go there as it is not somewhere they pass regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

This place always has cheap petrol, but each time I've used it (twice) my car spluttered like crazy. It was a new (2nd hand car) and I thought it was the car until I turned the lawn-mower on and the same thing happened!

that filling station isn't on my daily commute, so i rarely use it, but the few times i have, i noticed that they have a notice stating that all their fuels come from whitegate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Any ideas how far it may realistically go down? I remember back in the day I started driving petrol was around 1.03 per litre.

• Advertisement

Any ideas how far it may realistically go down? I remember back in the day I started driving petrol was around 1.03 per litre.

back in the day it was literally pennies

47 pennies

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭coolkidirish

120.9 for Diesel and 123.9 for Petrol in AppleGreen in Ballincollig

120.9 in AppleGreen in Ballincollig

for diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭coolkidirish

pa990 wrote: »
    for diesel

Sorry yes, I'll fix my post with the correct price for petrol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Petrol has actually increased in Mallow, the greedy ****ers. €1.31 on Wednesday last week, 1.34 the next day.

• Advertisement

pa990 wrote: »
    back in the day it was literally pennies

47 pennies

Darn inflation. Fingers crossed this downward trend will continue

Current Prices at 01/01/15[quoted wholesale exl VAT @23%]

Company___Date___Unleaded___Diesel
    Campus____31/12__112.98_____112.71
    ConPhil____31/12___101.82_____100.95
    Topaz_____31/12___111.45_____111.86
    Esso______31/12___110.67_____110.35
    Texaco____31/12__110.77_____110.46
    Maxol_____31/12__111.57_____111.71
    Emo______31/12__114.51_____114.94
    Morris____31/12___110.68_____111.33
    Top______31/12___111.39_____112.30

Darn inflation. Fingers crossed this downward trend will continue

nothing to do with inflation, its barrel of oil price+duty+vat+carbon tax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

It costs me €50 to fill up my 1.2l Opel Corsa since before Christmas. I always go to the Esso on the South Link. It gets me a minimum of 500km. Unreal.

Chloris wrote: »
    It costs me €50 to fill up my 1.2l Opel Corsa since before Christmas. I always go to the Esso on the South Link. It gets me a minimum of 500km. Unreal.

How many litres from empty to brim? Just wondering your mpg? I'm getting about 580 km's from 40 litres on my 1.2 polo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Well if I was the owner of that filling station, I'd be mightily ****** off by your insinuation.

It's an independent station - there aren't so many left. BUT it means that he answers to no-one WRT pricing/opening hours/decor etc

He gets his fuel from Whitegate, as mentioned already.

They serve a broad local community, who have filled their cars etc there for decades. If there was a problem with the fuel, it would have been identified long long before now.

You've filled up there twice - I've filled up there regularly for the last 15 yrs - petrol and diesel - I've never had a problem.

Finally, as another poster mentioned, it's not a busy taxi route - but I've regularly seen taxis fill up there.

(No connection to the place - just a satisfied customer.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Petrol in Whitechurch is 127.9. Can't remember the diesel price since I don't use it. Filled my 1.3 KA from empty for €40.99 last week. It was €48 two weeks before that in a different station in town. Nice difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

The euro falling against the doller will probly halt our falling fuel prices sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

blindsider wrote: »
    Well if I was the owner of that filling station, I'd be mightily ****** off by your insinuation.

It's an independent station - there aren't so many left. BUT it means that he answers to no-one WRT pricing/opening hours/decor etc

He gets his fuel from Whitegate, as mentioned already.

They serve a broad local community, who have filled their cars etc there for decades. If there was a problem with the fuel, it would have been identified long long before now.

You've filled up there twice - I've filled up there regularly for the last 15 yrs - petrol and diesel - I've never had a problem.

Finally, as another poster mentioned, it's not a busy taxi route - but I've regularly seen taxis fill up there.

(No connection to the place - just a satisfied customer.)

I just want to let you know that I echo your sentiments. I fill up there too, and the petrol is perfect. It is the fuel that doesn't come from an Irish refinery that you'd want to watch and seeing Whitegate is the only Irish refinery...

Unlike topaz the filling station on the model farm road doesn't make any false claims that it's fuel gets you further etc.

I can't seem to edit my earlier post, but take the recent points made and would like to retract my earlier post.

I'll even promise to fill up my car there the next time!

Loire.

• Advertisement

Just on this. I've spoken to my father's best friend who lives on the Model Farm Road and both he and his wife have been filling up their diesel and petrol cars there for years and years. If the owners happen to read this thread, then I apologise for my earlier post and wish you the best.

Loire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Anybody know what the story is with topaz in Wilton . I passed by tonight at 7 and it was closed.

I know Aldi were after buying the site but I hadn't heard any progress on that for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Miighty

Just on this. I've spoken to my father's best friend who lives on the Model Farm Road and both he and his wife have been filling up their diesel and petrol cars there for years and years. If the owners happen to read this thread, then I apologise for my earlier post and wish you the best.

Loire.
    My car also used to splutter after filling up there. Noticeable but nothing compared to the dirty diesel I bought in a station in Kerry a few years back which needed to be dumped and required a new fuel filter.

In my opinion the cheapest places arent worth it but thats after losing €60 in fuel down the drain. My previous car ran fine on the independent on the Model Farm Road ,current car not so much.

Anybody know what the story is with topaz in Wilton . I passed by tonight at 7 and it was closed.

I know Aldi were after buying the site but I hadn't heard any progress on that for months.

I heard that they got planning permission and therefore could start work....haven't heard for def. that they've started, but it'd make sense.4

(Traffic around there will be interesting when it opens...!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

blindsider wrote: »
    I heard that they got planning permission and therefore could start work....haven't heard for def. that they've started, but it'd make sense.4

(Traffic around there will be interesting when it opens...!)

Is this the one opposite CUH?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Petrol in Whitechurch is 127.9. Can't remember the diesel price since I don't use it. Filled my 1.3 KA from empty for €40.99 last week. It was €48 two weeks before that in a different station in town. Nice difference!

Diesel is still 119.9 there. Best I've seen and I've driven around half of Cork in the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Apple Green in Ballincollig is at 1.26 (petrol)

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Is this the one opposite CUH?

Yep - that's the one.

It was closed at 5:30pm yesterday - there were lights in the shop - but I thought it looked like they were removing eqpt. There were cones placed at the entrance/exit to stop anyone driving in.

Lee Garage (Ind) petrol was 124.9 on Sat - Model Farm Rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Frog Song wrote: »
    Diesel is still 119.9 there. Best I've seen and I've driven around half of Cork in the last week.

Yeah and the petrol is now 125.9! Seriously good, especially for me...the broke student with a part-time job. :P

Advertisement