Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAs to Wood

Options
  • 29-01-2014 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

HI Guys

I am new to the boards.

I want to convert/replace my gas boiler to a wood burner with a backboiler to heat the house and rads.

Any ideas or pointers as to do-ability or cost.

THanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Natural gas or bottled?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fran Maher

Thanks

Currently | am using natural gas from|Board Gas, Iwould prefere not to use pellets but logs instead. To be honest I never considered pellets I have space at the side of my house to store fuel.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I doubt the slightly lower running costs of logs would ever offset the cost of changeover. Unless you've got your own forest to fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fran Maher

Thanks.

What sort of money re we talking here?

Install the backburner, run the copper pipes to the tank, use the existing rads.....what could possibly go wrong.

How far away am I..?

F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Fran Maher wrote: »
    Thanks.

What sort of money re we talking here?

Install the backburner, run the copper pipes to the tank, use the existing rads.....what could possibly go wrong.

How far away am I..?

F

what could go wrong??! not a whole lot just maybe that if its installed wrong it might blow up and kill a few people.

too hard to say what money it would be with out looking at it

Advertisement