Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Vokera LPG boiler

• 26-01-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

Hi .Last month Ive got brand new Vokera LPG boiler fitted.All was fine until last week and it did not fire up on time and red light flashing.After reading manual it means that boiler needs be restarted.Fine,I did it and 2 days later same problem.There is no leaks and pressure is steady at 1.2-1.4 Bar.

I will call service 2moro anyway but if some maybe have DIY will be great ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Hi .Last month Ive got brand new Vokera LPG boiler fitted.All was fine until last week and it did not fire up on time and red light flashing.After reading manual it means that boiler needs be restarted.Fine,I did it and 2 days later same problem.There is no leaks and pressure is steady at 1.2-1.4 Bar.

I will call service 2moro anyway but if some maybe have DIY will be great ;)
    Could be lots of causes. What model boiler?
    Do you have a commissioning print out for the combustion?
    Basic question, but I have come across many not converted or not converted properly to run on LPG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

It is Vokera Rain 24 bi.
    He gave me some print out from some kind of tester but I can not find it.Also as far I remember he had to converted to LPG.
    I dont really know much about heating.
    If I find this print out what should I check?

I'd like the CO2 reading & the CO reading.

Why did you have a standard efficiency boiler installed instead of a high efficiency one???
    Doesn't make sense for running costs & performance reasons.

shane0007 wrote: »
    Why did you have a standard efficiency boiler installed instead of a high efficiency one???
    Doesn't make sense for running costs & performance reasons.

This is question to my Landlord :mad: It is still much better than old one.Once I find print out I will post here

• Advertisement

Ok.
    Is the boiler outside?

Yes it is outside in lockup.

What was the fault light, green, yellow or red, flashing or solid?

Red flashing

If flashing, I would need the print out readings to ensure the combustion was correct.

Do you have gas in the tank, i.e. Gas cooker is functioning if fitted?

• Advertisement

I live in estate where LPG tank is in the middle of estate and then delivered to houses.It is only for central heating and nothing else (thanks god :D ) Im looking for this printout now so let u know asap

I'd like the CO2 reading & the CO reading.

O2 % 15.0
    CO ppm 20
    CO2 % 3.9

LPG

O2 % 15.0
    CO ppm 20
    CO2 % 3.9

LPG

TBH, it's either way off the scale or he printed those figures when the boiler was in low fire.
    If set up way under gassed on the burner pressure, this could account for lock out.

I would be very suspect of the burner pressures set up on the boiler.

Did you put through a service call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭Markcheese

If it's a new boiler , ring the plumber who installed it quick ... If there's a quick fix he should sort it .. Or know to call vokera's service rep ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

TBH, it's either way off the scale or he printed those figures when the boiler was in low fire.
    If set up way under gassed on the burner pressure, this could account for lock out.

I would be very suspect of the burner pressures set up on the boiler.

Did you put through a service call?

He is coming next week.Are those numbers are bad?Is there anything I should mention to service guy?

They are very low. If it's the Manufacturer's engineer calling, I wouldn't worry about it as he/she quickly determine the issue. Make sure you show them the print out.

The CO2 figure is very low, more in the realms of low fire. When analyising, we set up boilers in both high & low fire, but figures to be inputted on Certs & analyiser print outs would always be in high fire (maximum gas output scenario conditions).

If the installer has the boiler running in high fire with such low figures, the boiler would struggle to run properly every time it goes into high fire.

It is especially important to set up LPG as per MI's as there is 2.5 times more bang (energy) in LPG over natural gas.

Advertisement