Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heating issue

Options
  • 01-01-2014 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hey all .
    I have a closed 2 zone system . It seems to be losing a lot of water and I have to top it up every four or five months to keep the upstairs radiators.just wondering is this normal or do I have a leak somewhere.its quite a small house amd theres no sign of a leak.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Tbh I would be overly concerned with pressure loss over the time frame, being a small system wouldn't take much water loss to ssee a pressure drop.

central heating water can leak from fittings and valves above ground so slightly that the leakage just evaparates without you noticing.

If you are still concerned there are lots of leak sealing products available, heatmerchants have a substance called cp-1 which seem good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

Thanks a lot

Advertisement