Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy mother of dog, heavenly immaculate guitar content!

Options
  • 02-08-2006 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

sub1.jpg
    sub3.jpg
    sub4.jpg

I know, we're probably going further into GAS territory here, but this piece of Japanese crafted beauty deserves a thread of her own. :eek:

The bad news however, she costs about 2 grand, and that's not including shipping and taxes... Could end up leaving a €2500 dent in someone's wallet. Basically just looks like a 7 String, quilt top version of my J Custom, with PAF Pros and a crippling price tag. It's probably the only 7 I've seen with a quilt top aswell. ****ing hell, I wish I won the Lotto!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Any more GAS threads and you'll be on a two week break Hungus!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Looks amazing!!! I like the look of Ibanez guitars...Hoping to get me an S470 (seems as that one up there may be a little out of my budget range!)

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Doctor J wrote:
    Any more GAS threads and you'll be on a two week break Hungus!!! :p

I don't think I can possibly come up with anything to beat that baby I'm happy to say. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Neurohacker

That quilted top is sweet - black without being "none more" black. Not sure I like the look of the binding with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Damn you karl !! My list for "The perfect Ibanez" keeps growing cause of you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I think that looks nice ;) I like that the colour is broken up by nice binding :>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

HOLY CRAP HUNGUS!!! youve got me gassing over 2 guitars now in the one day,well 3 if you count the edwards.

Sorry about that guys. I've just seen some incredible stuff today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

holy crap Karl.. you just made me make a mess.. well your guitar did.. it has sweet curves to rival any of the fine galwegian fillies i've witnessed over the last couple of days.. har har see what i did there? galways a bit too hopping for my style of buskin though.. i'll have to come back on NOT-raceweek.. but anyway back to the guitar.. *picks jaw off the floor*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Ah yet more generic boring looking Ibanez guitars with silly inlays :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

it doesnt do it for me... but i can see how it makes Hungus want to sex wee

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

it's hideous.

i friggin' hate "metal" guitars with inlays, floyd roses and buckers.

there is no place for figured wood in the guitar world. at all. Nor is there room for fancy inlays.
    and if you must have a 2 point trem on your strat, don't show it to me.

Philistines! Get thee from this thread now let ye!

nah.

a good old style strat is the most attractive guitar possible

0131002304_xl.jpg

Even more so if it's a real old 50s/60s one (i can live with rosewood board for the sake of daphne blue) that's a bit beat up. sexy.

but that mexican classic is a fine looking guitar. it makes me happy in my pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that's not a total vintage modeled guitar.

vintage fenders have the truss rod adjustment under the pickguard and not at the headstock.

that be said they are one sexy guitar, ohh and my one sounds absolutely lushious.

there's no doubt that ibanez's are a work of art but whether or not i'd spend the guts of 2k on one is another thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Damn Karl, that's incredible. All it's short is a monkey grip and a lion's paw from the JEM, I'm so used to mine, I'd keep trying to hold the guitar by the grip. Tree of Life inlay is sweet on her too. What a beautiful bit of kit!

deaddonkey wrote:
    *Pic of some fugly strat*

Sorry man, that's fairly gank. Now if we're talking a sexy looking strat, I think this tickles the old fancy much more:

0109200800_md.jpg

Far more appealing right there.

But overall, the Ibanez I have posted is much, much more attractive than any strat. 7 String, 24 frets, 2 DiMarzio humbuckers, and immaculate looks. Oh yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about.

No doubt I'd like to have a nice Strat aswell, but if I had to decide between the two, well the Ibanez just wins out by a mile. Single coils are nice, and they have their uses, but nothing comes near humbuckers for me, especially if they're DiMarzios. The singing leads, pristine cleans, and shredding rythm sounds you get from a humbucker, no single coil can compete.

Cremo wrote:
    that's not a total vintage modeled guitar.

vintage fenders have the truss rod adjustment under the pickguard and not at the headstock.

it's vintage styled - not a reproduction. That one doesn't have the truss adjustment at the headstock, that's just a walnut plug from where the truss was fixed in. truss adjustment is under the pickguard.

in terms of looks it's pretty accurately a 56-57 strat... the materials used will be different, obviously, but the logo, string tree, colour choices, pickguard etc is correct in general appearance. the only differences at first glance are the saddle stamps "FENDER FENDER" instead of "FENDER PAT PEND" and the excessive tint on the neck.

the printing on the back of the tuning gears is wrong though.

Sorry man, that's fairly gank. Now if we're talking a sexy looking strat, I think this tickles the old fancy much more:

0109200800_md.jpg

Far more appealing right there.

But overall, the Ibanez I have posted is much, much more attractive than any strat. 7 String, 24 frets, 2 DiMarzio humbuckers, and immaculate looks. Oh yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about.

No doubt I'd like to have a nice Strat aswell, but if I had to decide between the two, well the Ibanez just wins out by a mile. Single coils are nice, and they have their uses, but nothing comes near humbuckers for me, especially if they're DiMarzios. The singing leads, pristine cleans, and shredding rythm sounds you get from a humbucker, no single coil can compete.

3 tone burst = barf
    gold hardware = barf

when they invent a bucker that has the frequency response and depth and clarity of a pure single coil then i'll come back to them. otherwise i'm not interested. to me, singles sound so much better in every way.

(pastel colours and maple necks all the way. daphne blue, surf green, shell pink, they're all good. sunburst can go to hell.)

I'm a big SRV fan, but ugh, the sig model looks complete crap.
    I quite like the white eric johnson sig strat. maple necks are so much nicer, unless yoiu have a matching headstock, in which case rosewood is the way to go.
    i prefer the feel of a maple fretboard and single coils to ANY bucker'd guitar I've ever played.

(I hate 3 tone sunburst. ugh)

horses for courses etc, but daphne blue strats are the best. that's not opinion, that's fact :D

It's evident we're not going to agree here, but damnit, this thread is about that beautiful Ibanez! It's not going to turn into another god damn Strat love-in! We've enough of those at is, go get your own thread.

Now where's that Voodoo Child gone with his J Customs?

Bah, more love:

41.jpg
    23.jpg
    J-Custom.jpg

Vine inlays are sexy as hell too. They're infact probably the only inlay I like, normally it's blank ebony = sex, but this is just beauty:

18.jpg

And man, those old Multicolour swirl UVs rocked:

uv77mc-ricky-01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

and we don't have enough love ibanez thread no? haha :D

also lads, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Now where's that Voodoo Child gone with his J Customs?
    Picture008.jpg
    mmmmmmmm......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Still think this is the nicest looking guitar in the world..
    Though no picture does it justice ....Oh..an its nice to play too ...:D
    Attachment not found.

Advertisement