Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rodrigo Y Gabriela tab books

Options
  • 02-08-2006 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Is there any such thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭HemmingSay

Not sure, but there is a great tutorial for Tamacun on the DVD they put out with their last album.

I think google video has it there too, well worth a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Yup that tutorial is really good. I have a few bits of tamacun nailed now. It also helps with some of their other songs. I picked up a lot of mr tang I think as well. Have a listen to Mediterranean Sundance/Rio Ancho on Friday Night In San Francisco. You'll recognise a few riffs. There's tabs for the al di meola/paco de lucia versions so you can learn little riffs from that. Theres tabs for Libertango as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

give it time.. i'm sure some music nerd will finish workin those tabs out any day soon.. and then we'll all benefit from the surge of brushing up on our flamenco and guitar percussion skills.. theres a thought actually? how does one write guitar percussion tabs?? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

its just mute all strings and then it says which fingers to use and whether they're up or downstrokes. rod and gab tabbed some percussion parts in an old total guitar mag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

they've just started a new column in the latest total guitar as well. this month was strumming technique

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

is there not the other percussion parts using the body as opposed to the strum percussion technique? i mean doesn't she be tappin the body and all that stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

They tap everything really.

Here's a link to the tutorial they give:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcE3NgV2Tyg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

don't mean to hijack the thread.... anyone seen any rory gallagher books? I find it hard to believe none were written.

Advertisement