Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3rd Place play off

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I fear tomorrow we won't see so many trys, then again SA will murder any english mistakes, can't wait for that game!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Man what id give to have Argentina to be in the final. Inspirational team. To me it doesnt matter who wins tomorrow and go on to be the world champions Argentina to me have been the most enjoyable passionate team in the world they deserve to be treated with respect and know that 2007 was their year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Argies mashing the French.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Stev_o wrote: »
    Man what id give to have Argentina to be in the final. Inspirational team. To me it doesnt matter who wins tomorrow and go on to be the world champions Argentina to me have been the most enjoyable passionate team in the world they deserve to be treated with respect and know that 2007 was their year

Good post, I'd go along with that.

I honestly hope they join the six nations as frankly we need someone like Argentina to drag the standard up (and I'd love to watch their home games!)

Argies third in the world, fair play to them :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

...makes our 25-3 defeat seem a little less humiliating...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Whatever about any other team, this is definately Argentina's tournament and will be remembered as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I hope tomorrows match will be half as entertaining.

Fair play to the Pumas - they've done themselves proud in this RWC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A lot of fun and restored my faith in Union for 24 hours :p. I thought that France were a bit unlucky in first half with the marginal forward passes. Still Argentina scored some great tries and fully deserved their win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Argentina have been the team of the tournament. Regardless of the result in the final. They have played very inventive and entertaining rugby.
    Well done to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Just reading through some of the first posts in this thread...

Pissing myself now after all the predictions from the "experts"...:cool:

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Just reading through some of the first posts in this thread...

Pissing myself now after all the predictions from the "experts"...:cool:

Teams arent reading their script this RWC !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

great game, well done the pumas, it's a shame they didn't play like that last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭RugBeir

zabbo wrote: »
    amazing play, great pass from Hernadez...

Try of the RWC?

Agreed - exactly what I said when I saw it.

There is something refreshingly old fashioned about the Argentinian rugby game - reminiscent of the best in the amateur era, especially when they throw the ball around. They are unpredictable. Contrast the robotic crash and ruck game of the All Blacks, France and Ireland and everyone else that have copied that boring style. Ruins the game as a spectacle IMO.

Bernard Laporte should get the sack for his failures. I know he has achieved much more than EOS has for Ireland, but, in their own ways, they have both underachieved and killed the spirit of two very good rugby teams.

I think Pierre Berbizier will be a good replacement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

a game that would restore your faith in rugby, if only tomorrows game had such entertainment

RugBeir wrote: »
    Agreed - exactly what I said when I saw it.

There is something refreshingly old fashioned about the Argentinian rugby game - reminiscent of the best in the amateur era, especially when they throw the ball around. They are unpredictable. Contrast the robotic crash and ruck game of the All Blacks, France and Ireland and everyone else that have copied that boring style. Ruins the game as a spectacle IMO.

Bernard Laporte should get the sack for his failures. I know he has achieved much more than EOS has for Ireland, but, in their own ways, they have both underachieved and killed the spirit of two very good rugby teams.

I think Pierre Berbizier will be a good replacement!
    hes leaving after the world cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Aguante Pumas!!!!!!!!!!
    Amazing World cup for us. I just hope we can capitalize this experience.
    Will see what happen with the 6N/3N story.
    In the meantime, we'll keep cheering for Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Laporte is on his way out anyway. I have an idea and I'm not sure it was suggested before. Why dont the Tri-Nations admit Argentina and then switch the tournament to an event similar to the World Cup whereby there is a host country and all the games would be played in say, South Africa over the course of a month? This would stop wining babies like Aaron Mauger complaining about having to travel to Buenos Aires. Somebody should remind Mr. Mauger that in this World Cup, his team were very much outperformed by the Pumas.

forbesii wrote: »
    Laporte is on his way out anyway. I have an idea and I'm not sure it was suggested before. Why dont the Tri-Nations admit Argentina and then switch the tournament to an event similar to the World Cup whereby there is a host country and all the games would be played in say, South Africa over the course of a month? This would stop wining babies like Aaron Mauger complaining about having to travel to Buenos Aires. Somebody should remind Mr. Mauger that in this World Cup, his team were very much outperformed by the Pumas.
    eh what has argentinas performance in this world cup got to do with maugers argument?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Saw the last 20 mins, heh! Pity the Argentinians did'nt play like that in the semi.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 admsitio

Argentina BORING team? Pumas don't play good rugby? What about this? eh? and now who will say something? Great Game for the Pumas, Tackle, Balls, Passion, Courage.
    This Pumas are great! The Argies kicked the Frenchie's asses again with a 34-10 contundent victory.
    I would prefer Argentina in the final, not England.
    I want to see PUMAS playing a BIG ANUAL TOURNAMENT.They deserved it.
    I think BOKS are the CHAMPIONS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

eh what has argentinas performance in this world cup got to do with maugers argument?

EH its got everything to do with it actually. their performance is worthy of New Zealand making the effort to travel to South America or maybe you didnt see what Mauger said. its got EVERYTHING to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Well done Argentina, team of the tournament in every respect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,990 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I knew they would win Friday's game given their spirit and camaraderie throughout this tournament. A lesson to the Irish team really. Hopefully Argentina will soon be allowed into the Six Nations.

The lads at RugbyDump made a fitting tribute to them

http://rugbydump.blogspot.com/2007/10/tribute-to-third-place-los-pumas.html

Its worth a look the music suits perfectly

Advertisement