Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for nursing experience

Options
  • 12-06-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hey,
    i'll be applying to some uk uni's this september for adult nursing and i discovered i would stand a much better chance of getting an offer if i had some nursing experience. however, i can't decide where to go for it? i would like to go to a hospital but i think i would prob just get in the staffs way, and they prob would only keep me for a week or so. :(
    the only other option i can think of is to try work in a nursing home but to be honest i don't really want to do my experience there and im not that interested in working in a home after i graduate (if i graduate! :)) does anyone have any other ideas, i'm getting pretty desperate!
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pinkmonkey045

Hard to get a job as a care assistant without the fetac level 5! I would advise getting any experience, short term even- nursing - hosp (both)! Apply for Garda vetting either way, asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mary444

Is it difficult to get work exp while you are doing the HCA level 5 course?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

I volunteered in a nursing home as part of my gaisce thing. Maybe you can do that?

Although I do Children's nursing, so I also used my time working with kids

ACk, just realized this thread is really old

• Registered Users Posts: 16 reducepain

You need to complete all 8 modules and qualify with Fetac level 5.

Advertisement