Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music used at start /end of RWC Final

Options
  • 20-10-2007 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi all,

I know this may seem of little importance, but I thought the music used as the players ran onto the pitch, the same music used when the cup was presented at the end, was really good.

Does anyone know what it was, or where I could get a copy?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

It's called "World in Union" and it's based on the main theme of "Jupiter" from Gustav Holst's "Planets" suite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

If it helps the music is featured in this video

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=o8p668rROxc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

The artist is Jean-Michel Jarre, a brilliant Frence musician who was working with synths and computers etc long before any other artist, I'm not too sure what that exact track is called but it's on the Revolutions album. I had it but it disappeared on me years ago so I can't check what track it is for you, it's also on his live ablum recorded in the London Docklands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

The song's called ''Industrial Revolution, Part 2'' by Jean Michel Jarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stephenoleary

It never fails to amaze me how helpful people on this forum can be.

Perfect Monday morning music :D

Many thanks as always.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭TheJoker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I just want to know what music is play on setanta when they were highlighting a certain team all i know is that it had guitars and orchestra playing a loop on this really catchy riff

Advertisement