Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spanish chorizo

Options
  • 13-05-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what are peoples thoughts on peeling the skin on Spanish chorizo? I'm talking about the uncooked type,with the rope at the top! I never peel mine when I am cutting it up,just cut off the rope piece, does anyone here peel theirs and if so, do you think there is any difference? Should I be peeling it?

Any feedback appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I peel it because I often cut the slices in half and it's easier without the skin on. I don't think it makes any difference to the taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,079 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Some chorizo i've bought has very light skin like a sausage. I didn't peel.
    Some of it had very heavy skin like a tough rind. I pely :D. I imaigne the second type is found on cured chorizo rather than raw

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭TwoGallants

Never peel! That is considered sacreligious over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I never peel it, life's too short!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I peel it cos I kinda enjoy peeling things in general. I doubt it makes any great difference though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

some chorizo has real skin made of intestines and cheaper chorizos use something that resembles paper (not sure what it is). Both are perfectly safe to eat and if you like the taste and texture then eat, if not then peel. The paper/cheap one I always peel.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

My chorizo hangs around long enough to get a nice white ah, growth(?) on it, so i take the skin off!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

dibkins wrote: »
    My chorizo hangs around long enough to get a nice white ah, growth(?) on it, so i take the skin off!

You should freeze it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I peel it as I don't like the feel of the skin while I'm eating it. Takes about 20 seconds which for me is worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I normally don't. Usually it is part of a fast dinner. I can't say that I have noticed any difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement