Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Athlone to Dublin city centre and 145 travel time

• 25-05-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

quick question. What is best way to head from Athlone to mespil road for work.
    am planning train to heuston and then 145 from station to lesson st bridge.

what ye reckon.
    what would be that journey time for 145 at peak times.

any other suggestions....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The 145 enjoys a bus lane almost the entire length of it's journey so even at peak times it's fairly reliable and it's very frequent. I'd but the journey time at about 25mins in peak hour traffic. the National Journey planner would agree with me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I do the reverse trip from Leeson St to Heuston regularly and give it half an hour at most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I must have very bad luck with the 145 because it generally takes 30 minutes in the morning from Heuston to Nassau St whenever I'd get it.

OP it might interest you to know that there will soon be four dublinbikes stations at Heuston so cycling to Mespil Road area might be a possibility. You'd save €1,000 on bus passes easily.

Advertisement