Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Rail - Why Can't I buy an online return ticket?

• 23-05-2014 9:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

I can't buy a day return or open return train ticket for travel next week.
    Why not?! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,245 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Addle wrote: »
    Why not?! :confused:

What journey are you booking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

What journey are you booking for?

Westport to Dublin day return, next week.
    Under fair types 'day return' and 'open return', the option to buy online isn't available.
    I've booked the same journey plenty of times.

In the mean time, I rang Irish rail and couldn't get an explanation, but ordered the ticket over the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,245 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Westport to Dublin day return, next week.
    Under fair types 'day return' and 'open return', the option to buy online isn't available.
    I've booked the same journey plenty of times.

In the mean time, I rang Irish rail and couldn't get an explanation, but ordered the ticket over the phone.

Funnily enough, I've to book a trip there for next weekend. It stalled on a Sunday return but a Saturday-Sunday trip is working okay. A gremin perhaps?

Maybe. I can't click the return button at all so thought it was my pc but the ticket information says return tickets can't be purchased online! Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

careful...he's a stalker.... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are you using Chrome?

On-line you can only buy pairs of single tickets with reservations. You can't buy open tickets - these defeat the purpose of reservations.

Victor wrote: »
    Are you using Chrome?

On-line you can only buy pairs of single tickets with reservations. You can't buy open tickets - these defeat the purpose of reservations.

I don't know what I'm using to be honest, but I've never had this issue before.
    I have booked return tickets (not open) before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

When you're booking online, you can't get an open ticket. You have to book the train out and the train back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,924 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

You can't buy open return tickets online - you can only buy tickets for travel on specified trains.

If you want tickets that offer flexibility then you have to go to a booking office/ticket machine.

Thanks for the replies.
    I wasn't trying to book an open return ticket.
    I know the dates and times I want to travel, still couldn't book online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Working fine for me.

Maybe it is my PC.

Advertisement