Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin traffic cops seize tourist bus for no tax

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,272 ✭✭✭✭Victor

coolemon wrote: »
    I saw this happen. Garda on a motorbike was shouting at the bus driver urging him forward on O' Connell Street
    Odd then that the photo is on Dame Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

Victor wrote: »

Yes, that is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carpejugulum

billie1b wrote: »
    I know, its crazy, you'd think it'd more expensive for the buses and trucks and so on that are on the road everyday for the guts of 16/18 hours, and they can claim back expenses on it. But no, they tax the fück out of private vehicles instead.
    tumblr_inline_n48i79U4jx1r4w0t4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Victor wrote: »

+1 which is consistent with the Garda tweet that stated it was seized by the 'DMR South Central Pearse Street Traffic Unit' whom you wouldn't expect to be operating in O'Connell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

tumblr_inline_n48i79U4jx1r4w0t4.jpg

Thats a nice picture, seems like your helicopter was holding up traffic

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

tweeting pictures of seized cars you would think the driver was a criminal for letting his tax run out or forgetting to pay not exactly a drug seizure which would be something to be proud off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Wow pretty cheap compared to taxing a 2.0 car which is the best part of €900 these days iirc
    It's only 710, or 800 if you tax it per quarter. Still a good chunk of money though.

We have about 12 vans in work. I sometimes cover the drivers if they are off. I was doing a run to Wexford one day when I got stopped at a checkpoint. The van was 5 months out of tax. I was mortified. I rang the job, and passed the phone over to the guard. It turned out they simply overlooked the matter. Obviously the guard chewed them out of it but was decent enough to let me on my way. The auld codger who normally drives the van got a bollocking off the job for not noticing either.
    These things happen.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Pay heed to Victor's earlier on thread warning folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

coylemj wrote: »
    +1 which is consistent with the Garda tweet that stated it was seized by the 'DMR South Central Pearse Street Traffic Unit' whom you wouldn't expect to be operating in O'Connell St.

While I have a little understanding of the Dublin Garda regions, I'm fairly sure I've seen on their twitter account arrests/points/road-blocks being done by that unit much further afield (out towards N4, N7)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

stop wrote: »
    While I have a little understanding of the Dublin Garda regions, I'm fairly sure I've seen on their twitter account arrests/points/road-blocks being done by that unit much further afield (out towards N4, N7)

Thats still the Traffic corps south side juristiction, the northside have their own one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carpejugulum

audi12 wrote: »
    tweeting pictures of seized cars you would think the driver was a criminal for letting his tax run out or forgetting to pay not exactly a drug seizure which would be something to be proud off
    Traffic guards focus on drug seizures now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭markpb

audi12 wrote: »

They are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

If they did it would be more useful taking drugs off the street than mickey mouse tax fines

• Registered Users Posts: 78,272 ✭✭✭✭Victor

On-topic please. The niceties of policing can be discussed elsewhere.

Advertisement