Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

meriwether wrote: »
    Unbelievable in last fortnight.

No idea where it came out of.

But hey, no complaints here.

The offensive midfielder role suits him, he can pick a pass, and has added an energetic side to his game in the last few weeks.

I caution, his excellent form is about 2 weeks old to date.

Really? I thought he's been pretty amazing all season. His shooting was gack before a fortnight ago but his play making & control has been impressive. He has made some mistakes but you can say that with the rest of the team.

My biggest worry is not about signings this summer but offloading players such as Bendtner, Denilson, Squillaci, etc.

RE Shane Long, he's got an impressive work ethic but I'd prefer the likes of Odemwingie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Chezney
    Sanga--Kol----TV----Santos
    ----Song----Wilshire
    Ox----Arteta----Podolski
    RVP

What do you make of that team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

If Campbell gets a work permit I don't think we will sign another striker he will promote afobe
    The more I look at the squad I don't think he will make another signing, and I wouldn't be to bothered if he didn't

I would like to see 1 more big signing, a real top class midfielder with a bit of leadership qualities.

Need to get rid of the dead wood too, the likes of Bendtner, Denilson, Park, Almunia, Arshavin, Squillachi etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

jank wrote: »

Chezney
    ----Song----Wilshire
    Ox----Arteta----Podolski
    RVP

Its a very good first 11.

Whats behind it in the squad is the issue.

Ramsey
    Walcott
    Benny
    Mert
    Gibbs
    Jenkinson
    Gerv

Not a bad squad, a bit light at full back, though Djourou can play there as well.

Need another goalie too, BTW.

Someone mentioned James McClean earlier. He'd be a nice signing. Not technically in the Xavi class, but he is direct, energetic, puts in a defensive shift (yes, I'm looking at you Walcott), strong an has an eye for goal.
    His directness would be his asset.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Gringo180 wrote: »
    If Campbell gets a work permit I don't think we will sign another striker he will promote afobe
    The more I look at the squad I don't think he will make another signing, and I wouldn't be to bothered if he didn't

I would like to see 1 more big signing, a real top class midfielder with a bit of leadership qualities.

Need to get rid of the dead wood too, the likes of Bendtner, Denilson, Park, Almunia, Arshavin, Squillachi etc.

Yeah I can see the argument for another midfielder but that's it really, I'm happy with the squad we have
    And some really classy youngsters not far off either

• Advertisement

Yeah I can see the argument for another midfielder but that's it really, I'm happy with the squad we have
    And some really classy youngsters not far off either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

So Podolski is all but done? That can't be right, it's March, not September 30th! :pac:

Great news of true and if the wage is right, van Persie must be getting some offer himself. It's looking more and more likely he'll be staying imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Chezney
    Sanga--Koscielny----Vermaelen----Santos/Gibbs
    ----Song----Wilshire
    Ox----Arteta----Podolski
    RVP

If we could avoid horrendous injuries and keep the team more or less consistent for the season I think it could be a potential title challenging side (with the right players as backup). I've bolded players who have not been available for selection for us for long periods this season. Obviously Arteta because he was not signed until later and Podolski because we have not signed him yet, but it highlights the difference between what we could have next year as opposed to the team we have had this year.

Sometimes I think Wenger struck a deal with the devil so that RvP wouldn't get injure this season. as a counterweight Sagna, Jenkinson, Santos, Gibbs, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Diaby, Coquelin and Wilshere all got crocked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

That goal v Hamburg, you just couldnt strike that any sweeter WHAT A GOAL!!!

I was sitting in among Hamburg fans when he scored, the looks I got :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,204 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Galvasean wrote: »
    If we could avoid horrendous injuries and keep the team more or less consistent for the season I think it could be a potential title challenging side (with the right players as backup). I've bolded players who have not been available for selection for us for long periods this season. Obviously Arteta because he was not signed until later and Podolski because we have not signed him yet, but it highlights the difference between what we could have next year as opposed to the team we have had this year.

Sometimes I think Wenger struck a deal with the devil so that RvP wouldn't get injure this season. as a counterweight Sagna, Jenkinson, Santos, Gibbs, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Diaby, Coquelin and Wilshere all got crocked!

I just wonder if Wenger will promote Oxo at the expense of Wally. I think Wally must know where the body is buried.

• Advertisement

Yea, injuries always seem to harm us. I think the full back positions in that team are the weakest in terms of squad depth. If one goes out injured then the whole line is rejigged. No wonder nobody knows what they are doing as they never play in the same position.

See, its no good bringing in a squad player to replace that first XI. We would need genuine world class players to make it better. A world class AM would be great or a genuine backup to RVP but maybe that's what Podolski is. As always we are only a few players short of a genuine good side that could go for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

That's not really a fair assessment. He was great when we first signed him and looked an absolute bargain at 7 million. He scored some great goals for us. Unfortunately that 2 year injury lay off really put the spanner in the works. It took a very long time for him to get proper match fitness and awareness after being out of the game for so long. Since Christmas he has been showing great determination on the pitch, but only now has his skill caught up to it. I would be cautious about saying he's back to his best, because it has only been a few games of excellent form. Hopefully he has turned a corner and can keep up the good work.

This is the kind of stuff he was doing before his injury:

The movement in that first goal was absolutly sublime. I've alway loved Rosicky, it alway annoyed me when people/the media gave him stick because he got injured. He was a player i always wanted to see arsenal sign, i missed it as i was on holiday at the time and got a massive surprise when i saw him playing. great talent and he's really been showing it lately.

Had a look at the final fixtures:

Arsenal:
    -Newcastle (H)
    -Everton (A)
    -Villa (H)
    -QPR (A)
    -Man City (H)
    -Wolves (A)
    -Wigan (H)
    -Chelsea (H)
    -Stoke (A)
    -West Brom (A)

Chelsea:
    -Stoke (H)
    -Napoli (CL)
    -Leicster (FAC)
    -Man City (A)
    -Tottenham (H)
    -Villa (A)
    -Wigan (H)
    -Fulham (A)
    -Newcastle (H)
    -Arsenal (H)
    -QPR (H)
    -Liverpool (A)
    -Blackburn (H)

Spurs:
    -Everton (A)
    -Bolton (FAC)
    -Stoke (H)
    -Chelsea (A)
    -Swansea (H)
    -Sunderland (A)
    -Norwich (H)
    -Bolton (A)
    -QPR (A)
    -Blackburn (H)
    -Villa (A)
    -Fulham (H)

Bolded the dodgy ones.

Its clear Che;sea have the hardest run in, and Spurs the easiest.

I'ts clear of we can turn over Chelsea at home, 4th place in ours.
    We're still going to need a bit of a collapse from Spurs, the hardest games that have are Everton immediately, Chelsea, and I bolded Sunderland away as it comes only 3 days after their Swansea game.

We may well rue the 3 points we dropped away to Blackburn (2 og's) and draws with Wolves and Fulham at home.

Hope springs eternal however - if spurs drop points against Everton on Saturday they are in a midst of a crisis.

See, its no good bringing in a squad player to replace that first XI. We would need genuine world class players to make it better. A world class AM would be great or a genuine backup to RVP but maybe that's what Podolski is. As always we are only a few players short of a genuine good side that could go for the title.

But where do we get these genuine word class players without getting into expensive bidding wars with Man City, Chelsea etc. who can easily outbid us? Podolski is a fine player, but he is not 'world class'. Our only viable option to get proper world class players is to build them like what we did with RvP and Fabregas (and hopefully Wilshere and Ox in the future), but that requires time and patience. We have to be realistic and accept that we cannot go out and buy a world class player like Ronaldo. We need to focus on buying quality players at affordable prices while picking up potential superstars from under the noses of our rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Arsenal:
    -Newcastle (H)
    -Everton (A)
    -Villa (H)
    -QPR (A)
    -Man City (H)
    -Wolves (A)
    -Wigan (H)
    -Chelsea (H)
    -Stoke (A)
    -West Brom (A)

Man city game bolded as its by far the toughest game we'll have.

Man city game bolded as its by far the toughest game we'll have.

Oops - re-edited

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Arsenal:
    -Newcastle (H)
    -Everton (A)
    -Villa (H)
    -QPR (A)
    -Man City (H)
    -Wolves (A)
    -Wigan (H)
    -Chelsea (H)
    -Stoke (A)
    -NORWICH (H)
    -West Brom (A)

Also re-edit our last home game of the season against norwich, which you left out ! I know this because im going to it! First match im going to!Cant wait!

Also if Podolski signing is true i think he is a very smart and astute signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

But where do we get these genuine word class players without getting into expensive bidding wars with Man City, Chelsea etc. who can easily outbid us? Podolski is a fine player, but he is not 'world class'. Our only viable option to get proper world class players is to build them like what we did with RvP and Fabregas (and hopefully Wilshere and Ox in the future), but that requires time and patience. We have to be realistic and accept that we cannot go out and buy a world class player like Ronaldo. We need to focus on buying quality players at affordable prices while picking up potential superstars from under the noses of our rivals.

This is exactly what some people dont realise. People callin for us to sign Gotoze or Hazard are living on another planet. We will never sign players like that. We cant. We just cant compete. We bid 20 million for Gotoze and Man City or Chelsea will bid double that no problem and offer him more wages. Podolski imo is a great signing. Can play on the wing or up front if VP gets injured. My only fear is he has been brought in to replace Van Persie and not to compliment him. I dont think this is the case at present but who knows what might happen in the summer. If Man City offer 50+million and 250k a week for Van Persie he will be gone. As for him owing something to Arsenal, he prob does for the faith they have shown in him. Best thing he can do is sign some sort of new contract regardless if he wants to stay or not so we can get top value for him.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm still hoping we sign Messi this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Chezney
    ----Song----Wilshire
    Ox----Arteta----Podolski
    RVP

if rosicky can keep up the form hes showing currently id have him ahead of arteta. rosicky is a much better player in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭djan

I find it sad that there are still people that call rosicky a disaster, and some even claiming arsenal only got 2 good weeks from him while at arsenal. You have to realise what a 1.5 year injury does to a player at that level.

I still think he has a lot to give to the team and am still amazed at his elegant control of the ball and overall game. It is a pity he still doesn't seem to have the ability to strike the ball like a beast :rolleyes:

So lets just hope that he keeps on improving and that the past goals will help him get his confidence up too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,158 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Arsenal:
    -Newcastle (H)
    -Everton (A)
    -Villa (H)
    -QPR (A)
    -Man City (H)
    -Wolves (A)
    -Wigan (H)
    -Chelsea (H)
    -Stoke (A)
    -West Brom (A)

Those are the dodgy games to me. West Brom away might be ok if they have nothing to play for, which they probably won't.

Rosicky will sign a two year contract by the end of the week
    He better not get injured Monday night after signing a contract :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'm still hoping we sign Messi this summer.

Wenger would probably play him wide left.

Not that it'd stop him being any less outrageous.

I see we signed a wee 16 year old from Stoke too. Hope he's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I see we signed a wee 16 year old from Stoke too. Hope he's good.

Link? Name? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Munian or LLorente next please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Its a very good first 11.

Whats behind it in the squad is the issue.

Ramsey
    Walcott
    Benny
    Mert
    Gibbs
    Jenkinson
    Gerv

It's behind them that's the problem. That's a strong bench, Ramsey needed time off tbh, Walcott still isn't as bad as people make out, Benny is a great bench option, can cover a lot of places, Mertesacker stabilised our defence a lot, as far as back-up players go there's little wrong with Gibbs, Jenkinson probably the weakspot on the bench, Gervinho is a great option to have.

There's nothing wrong with that bench, it's what comes after that's the problem alas.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

No talk of Walcott getting a new deal. Hope we sell him he doesnt suit our style of play at all. Its actually crazy how hes here considering Wengers choice of attacking players normally.

He doesnt suit our style or our formation, so either they change or just sell him. Would be very easily replaced.

• Advertisement

Link? Name? :)

Sorry he's bought from Luton Town
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17239261

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

14 premier league clubs after him and signed for a significent fee! Better be good haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

greendom wrote: »

It will be interesting hearing Wenger's report on the team injuries tomorrow morning.
    Wonder how Oxo is, hope he's ok for Monday. Hope Wally's injury gives Oxo his chance on the right wing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

greendom wrote: »
    I want him to make it at Arsenal, I know he hasn't played consistantly in a long long time but me personally don't think he's good enough. Heres hoping he proves me wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

shano_88 wrote: »
    Munian or LLorente next please.

Hit the nail on the head there with Munian in my opinion.

Before Podolski, I was 100% for Odemwingie. Don't think we need him now, but I'd absolutely love to see Munian come in as a young understudy/backup/protégé to RVP. I think he's a fantastic talent who has a relatively low reputation, which suits us down to the ground.

I think our need for a AM vs RW is interchangeable (the likes of Hazard vs Gotze), if the Ox can play that effectively in the middle, consistently...we could do something like this:

Ox
    -NewSigning
    Gervihno-
    RVP

OR

NewSigning
    -Ox
    Gerv-
    RVP

I think if we sign Podolski, he should be used in a LW/ST rotation system such as
    Ox/NewSigning
    ----Ox/NewSigning
    Gervihno/Podolski
    RVP/Podolski

And if we added Munain, he would also fill in for certain games as Winger/Forward

/FM Mode

• Advertisement

That was my point really. The Wenger out crowd have all gone quiet lately yet they will be the first to jump up and down wanting to spend 30-40 million on a player. There isnt a whole wrong with the team imo. Just a bit of a shake up in the back room would be good and more depth brought in at key areas. A world class player would be good but wont be expected.

That was my point really. The Wenger out crowd have all gone quiet lately yet they will be the first to jump up and down wanting to spend 30-40 million on a player. There isnt a whole wrong with the team imo. Just a bit of a shake up in the back room would be good and more depth brought in at key areas. A world class player would be good but wont be expected.

Im sick of reading this crap from a number of posters in here trying to antogonise other posters, Ill hold my hands up I have called for Wengers head numerous times and rightly so we still havent won anything nor will we this year any person in any job in the world when there earning millions in salary a year when they do not perform or achieve there goals are open to be questioned and I damn will sure question Wenger or any other manager of this club when I see failings, yeh were riding high at the momment and im delighted because im a fan ive also stated Id love to see Wenger prove me wrong and rub my nose in it.

But just because were riding high at the the momment doesnt mean them same failings arent there, we have lacked motivation and drive for numerous years, were now famed for our February collapse. The team does need strenghtening weve all agreed on this. Could you also point me to an Arsenal fan who wouldnt love to see A 30 million Gotze arrive Wengerite or Wenger out? ( I use them labels because for some reason a lot of fans have decided your one or the other instead of just being pro Arsenal)

Now instead of stupid nit picking post of weres the anti Wenger brigade gone crap as I see it, can people not just shut up and enjoy the good run were on at the momment.

Sorry for the rant but ive seen this a number of times this week and bit my tongue, and tried to ignore it but just ffs sake leave it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

It will be interesting hearing Wenger's report on the team injuries tomorrow morning.
    Wonder how Oxo is, hope he's ok for Monday. Hope Wally's injury gives Oxo his chance on the right wing too.

The problems he talks about in the article is that exact same thing I have gone through. When I broke my ankle, I used to compensate by putting more pressure on the other leg, until i tore ligaments in that ankle! I've had trouble with injuries ever since that first break as I run differently now and more pressure goes on different muscles.

I feel Abou's pain :mad:

Oh, I must have misread you. I thought you were suggesting that we just go out and buy a couple of superstars. My bad.

Im sick of reading this crap from a number of posters in here trying to antogonise other posters, Ill hold my hands up I have called for Wengers head numerous times and rightly so we still havent won anything nor will we this year any person in any job in the world when there earning millions in salary a year when they do not perform or achieve there goals are open to be questioned and I damn will sure question Wenger or any other manager of this club when I see failings, yeh were riding high at the momment and im delighted because im a fan ive also stated Id love to see Wenger prove me wrong and rub my nose in it.

But just because were riding high at the the momment doesnt mean them same failings arent there, we have lacked motivation and drive for numerous years, were now famed for our February collapse. The team does need strenghtening weve all agreed on this. Could you also point me to an Arsenal fan who wouldnt love to see A 30 million Gotze arrive Wengerite or Wenger out? ( I use them labels because for some reason a lot of fans have decided your one or the other instead of just being pro Arsenal)

Now instead of stupid nit picking post of weres the anti Wenger brigade gone crap as I see it, can people not just shut up and enjoy the good run were on at the momment.

Sorry for the rant but ive seen this a number of times this week and bit my tongue, and tried to ignore it but just ffs sake leave it out.
    On the other side though we had to put up with hyperbole about battling relegation, struggling to finish in the top half, not getting any European place, not having a shot at 4th etc. etc.

It's been done to death at this point but the simple fact IMO is that to make a credible run at the title would require around 100million pumped into signings alone before wages and would take a few years to pay off. There's a train of thought that Liverpool were willing to pay 35million for an injured donkey because it was the last chance before the FFP rules would affect it. Thankfully we didn't follow such reasoning.
    It's alright saying that we were challenging for the title up to a point last season but IMO we flattered to deceive somewhat results-wise and there were a lot more dropped points among the top teams.
    Here's the table after 27 matches last season, just before we collapsed: http://www.statto.com/football/teams/arsenal/2010-2011/table/2011-02-26
    Our results so far this season would have us just 2 goals off second place where we were at the same point last season.
    The squad simply isn't good enough and without huge investment won't be good enough to keep up a season-long push for the title given where Man City are now, where Chelsea could be if FPP is flouted and where United will be when Fergie sorts them out before leaving. 17 points til the end of the season would leave us with the same points as last year but probably out of the CL places. Getting more points having lost supposedly one of the best players in the world would be quite something.

I know some people think we only need a couple of ~15million quid players to win the title but it would take a bloody lot more than that. For now all we can do is wait til we get our sponsorship sorted out and hope that FFP makes a difference. Hell if FFP is enforced we'll probably be the only English club spending more than before it came in! :D

• Advertisement

Maybe you should read what you preach mate.

Maybe you should read what you preach mate.

Mate???? Plus unlike you amacahi above posted a constructive post and never once used the term Wenger outs see the difference? Plus Ive never been one to say we were facing relegation, but I have questioned the manager and rightly so I dont agree we need massive investment to challenge but we do need to invest I personally think two maybe three players and we have a squad capable of challenging again along with players like ox and coq further developing and our mentallity more importantly has to improve vastly we've shown we can beat any team on our day. Also the bit you highlighted aimed at me has no merit I dont come on using terms to try antogonise people I voice my own opinion I dont go around calling people Wengerites or anything like it.

For everyone of the people coming on here not making points just to call people wengerites there's also people making the stupid wenger out posts its needs to stop on both sides no harm in difference of opinion or debate but making stupid comments like the wenger outs is unnecessary.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

amacachi wrote: »
    On the other side though we had to put up with hyperbole about battling relegation, struggling to finish in the top half, not getting any European place, not having a shot at 4th etc. etc.
    Yeah it's tough having to deal with differing opinions :pac:

In all seriousness there's been a lot of moaning about a lack of civility here recently. It invariably comes from supporters of Wenger, which I dont mind - id probably go crazy if i had to deal with RVP11 on any kind of regular basis - but when it's Wenger supporters instead winding up the critics, those complaining about a lack of civility are nowhere to be seen. One poster in particular claimed that all the discord was due to Wenger critics alone being intolerant of the opinion of others, which is complete bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

Need to find out what Rosickys eating for breakfast these days, gotta get me some of that whatever it is.

DB10 wrote: »
    No talk of Walcott getting a new deal. Hope we sell him he doesnt suit our style of play at all. Its actually crazy how hes here considering Wengers choice of attacking players normally.

He doesnt suit our style or our formation, so either they change or just sell him. Would be very easily replaced.

I disagree with this I think he suits our style perfectly we just don't have the creative midfielder to see it early and see the pass

If we sign a genuine world class AM or either the ox or wilshere grows into the role I can see Walcott getting alot of goals, a midfielder who can give the through ball or ball over the top early to Walcott at full speed

That's why I think he has been so disappointing this season, Ramsey wouldn't see it early Walcott would check his run then get into feet and we all no what usually happens then :-)

Mate???? Plus unlike you amacahi above posted a constructive post and never once used the term Wenger outs see the difference? Plus Ive never been one to say we were facing relegation, but I have questioned the manager and rightly so I dont agree we need massive investment to challenge but we do need to invest I personally think two maybe three players and we have a squad capable of challenging again along with players like ox and coq further developing and our mentallity more importantly has to improve vastly we've shown we can beat any team on our day. Also the bit you highlighted aimed at me has no merit I dont come on using terms to try antogonise people I voice my own opinion I dont go around calling people Wengerites or anything like it.

For everyone of the people coming on here not making points just to call people wengerites there's also people making the stupid wenger out posts its needs to stop on both sides no harm in difference of opinion or debate but making stupid comments like the wenger outs is unnecessary.

OK, how is this post different to your last one? I think you are taking this all a tad too seriously... mate!

OK, how is this post different to your last one? I think you are taking this all a tad too seriously... mate!

:pac::pac::pac: holy jasus I give up some people are clearly not on here to discuss Arsenal f.c but to do there best to get a rise out of people I tried to make you sense but that's clearly not possible.

Anyways moving on I'm not sure on walcott as it stands I have no problem with him being a squad player but a week in week out starter I don't think he's shown enough but could be a great impact sub to be able to bring on in a game. Is there any injury news for Monday? Will be a tough game but if we keep up our current form going we should come out with another valuable three points.

Yeah it's tough having to deal with differing opinions :pac:

It's not differing opinions I have a problem with, (well it is part of it :P ), it was the hyperbole from the sack Wenger side. Don't get me wrong, he makes plenty of mistakes tactically etc., and I'm willing to criticise him when I feel he does something wrong but that doesn't mean that after 10 matches with the guts of a team who "almost" put in a title challenge last season had any chance of finishing in the bottom half. The self-pity from some posters was ridiculous, it really was as if they were Liverpool fans who got lost along the way, anything to turn into a massive crisis.

:pac::pac::pac: holy jasus I give up some people are clearly not on here to discuss Arsenal f.c but to do there best to get a rise out of people I tried to make you sense but that's clearly not possible.

Anyways moving on I'm not sure on walcott as it stands I have no problem with him being a squad player but a week in week out starter I don't think he's shown enough but could be a great impact sub to be able to bring on in a game. Is there any injury news for Monday? Will be a tough game but if we keep up our current form going we should come out with another valuable three points.

He seems to be a serial WUM. He was on the Liverpool thread giving them loads after the Arsenal game last sat. Ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

amacachi wrote: »
    It's not differing opinions I have a problem with, (well it is part of it :P ), it was the hyperbole from the sack Wenger side. Don't get me wrong, he makes plenty of mistakes tactically etc., and I'm willing to criticise him when I feel he does something wrong but that doesn't mean that after 10 matches with the guts of a team who "almost" put in a title challenge last season had any chance of finishing in the bottom half. The self-pity from some posters was ridiculous, it really was as if they were Liverpool fans who got lost along the way, anything to turn into a massive crisis.

Its just the natural polarisation of opinion from your average fan. Obviously post Milan and Sunderland gave those who have no patience with Wenger muchos ammo to lanuch at the pro Wenger fans who then fire back a few of their own broadsides with the recent run of results.

The reality is like most things; somewhere in the middle. Arsene Wenger hasn't completely lost the plot and is dragging us to mid table mediocrity but neither is he the bearer of a Lazarus ointment that will see us rise to the top again based on the last few results.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement