Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Video conversion

Options
  • 07-04-2006 4:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me how I can convert avi and mpeg video files and burn then onto a CD so I can play them on my DVD player which supports video CD format.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

what software do you have.

Basically it involves two stages:

1) Change the source video to the correct resolution, compression type and bitrate

2) Creating the .dat files and burning to CD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

what software do you have.

Basically it involves two stages:

1) Change the source video to the correct resolution, compression type and bitrate

2) Creating the .dat files and burning to CD

Thanks for the reply, I have access to any software I need, just don't know what I need and the steps involved. I am mac savy, but never really got into burning video disc. Any pointers would be very appriciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Roxio Toast - it'll do it all for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Asiaprod wrote:
    Can anybody tell me how I can convert avi and mpeg video files and burn then onto a CD so I can play them on my DVD player which supports video CD format.
    Thanks in advance

ffmpegx has all the stuff you'll ever need.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15473

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

THanks to all who posted for their help. All solutions worked fine. Only comment I would make was that Toast was unbelievebly slow.
    Agin, thanks to all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement