Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Book Pro stuck in Holland

Options
  • 04-04-2006 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

My tracking thingy is telling me that my MBP is in Holland (Arnhem Hub) for past two days.

Anybody else get this when theres was shipping?

Grrrrr! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

my ipod was in germany for 5 days then bam! at my door step, it seems once it arrives in ireland the tracker wont get updated till you get it, so expect it any day soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Still stuck in Arnhem Hub.............pretty close to tears now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 almv

3G stores have them in stock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

TheGooner wrote:
    Still stuck in Arnhem Hub.............pretty close to tears now.
    It'll change and be at your door before you know it :-)
    I know I'd love to tell you it's going to arrive today, but here's how mine worked out:

30 Mar 2006 12:45 Belfast Delivered
    30 Mar 2006 09:05 Belfast Out For Delivery
    30 Mar 2006 05:38 Belfast Import Received
    29 Mar 2006 14:50 Dublin Consignment Received At Transit Point
    29 Mar 2006 14:41 Dublin Import Received
    27 Mar 2006 19:54 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
    27 Mar 2006 19:54 Arnhem Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
    27 Mar 2006 10:49 Amsterdam Consignment Received At Transit Point
    25 Mar 2006 10:19 Shanghai Shipped From Originating Depot
    24 Mar 2006 19:59 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

I'd say it'll arrive on Saturday or Monday.
    S.

almv wrote:
    3G stores have them in stock
    That doesn't exactly help when the one he's shell out for is currently making its way across the globe...

• Advertisement

It arrived about an hour ago and my jaw has been on the floor since. AMAZING design. Ibooth is class and great fun. Going to go now and play some more. Will be putting photoshop ect on tonight so will give a full, serious update tonight

cheers

Goon

At least your house will be warm... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dan99989

Well - whats the beast like? :D

I've been toying with the idea of getting one now, or holding off till the Macbook arrives in the summer...

The beast is **** hot!! I use it for very high end graphics and 3D animation on the move and at 512 I was expecting to see quite a lot of the aul beach ball, but no. This thing is savage.

I am also not experience any whistling noises or heat issues? I reckon they have it sorted now.

I had this machine delivered in work on Friday and my office is predominantly full of Dell users that litterally gasped when I opened the box. Really is a beautiful piece of technology. Funniest moment was when we placed the MBP next to a brand new Dell on the desk. Dell laptop was a good two inches taller than the MBP.

Once you get a mac you won't go back. And no, I don't work for Apple nor am I on a commission ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dan99989

TheGooner wrote:
    The beast is **** hot!! I use it for very high end graphics and 3D animation on the move and at 512 I was expecting to see quite a lot of the aul beach ball, but no. This thing is savage.

I am also not experience any whistling noises or heat issues? I reckon they have it sorted now.

I had this machine delivered in work on Friday and my office is predominantly full of Dell users that litterally gasped when I opened the box. Really is a beautiful piece of technology. Funniest moment was when we placed the MBP next to a brand new Dell on the desk. Dell laptop was a good two inches taller than the MBP.

Once you get a mac you won't go back. And no, I don't work for Apple nor am I on a commission ;)

Nice one, well i'm on the verge of getting either a MBP or the iMac Duo to replace my aging iBook. Not sure which one...argh! Then theres also the option of waiting till the summer for the Macbooks...

Glad to hear that the MBP's are fast and stable - Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

did you order yours from china to get it cheaper ? how much did you save ? did you buy from ebay ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DiveBomB

Kinda Reminds Me of the PS2 Slimline when they were stuck some where For ages

pontovic wrote:
    did you order yours from china to get it cheaper ? how much did you save ? did you buy from ebay ?

No mate, i just got it from the applestore.ie they are built in china as far as i know and ship straight out of there :)

Advertisement