Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookery-Bookery (Whatcha reading over there?)

Options
  • 04-05-2015 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭

I'm currently ploughing through Julia Child's "My Life in France" (which is where the cookery-bookery in the thread title comes from, just in case you thought I'd gone a bit baby talk) and loving it and it's reminding me that I really, really do love books that pivot and turn almost entirely around the subject of food, food science, food history, eating & cookery. Particular favourites over the last few years have Been 'In Defence of Food' and 'The Omnivore's Dilemma' by Michael Pollan aaaand for some reason I can't think of any others off the top of my head. I know there have been more!! I'll report back when the coffee kicks in. (cookbooks beside the bed too, rereading Yucatan Cookbook by Lyman Morton, unlikely to ever make anything from it but, like most books about food I read, it makes me want to travel).

Anyone else reading or has read an interesting food or cookery based book? Fiction or non, I'm always after recommendations. My Life in France is LOVELY if you haven't read it, highly recommend. Although I am jealous because it's an experience I'd like to have but it's not one that could be repeated now.

Comments

Advertisement