Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid Smoke

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Fallon & Byrne have 3 or 4 types at the mo, on a shelf facing the butcher counter. (3 or 4 types as in hickory, maple & some other wood, not 3 or 4 types of hickory in case that's what it looked like I was saying with my morning brain)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

They have Stubb's hickory liquid smoke in Fresh at Grand Canal Square, and there's a mesquite liquid smoke in stock too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Nice one, must head into town and get some tomorrow. Any ideas what the mesquite is like, I've never heard of it, is it some sort of woody flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Yeah, mesquite is another wood used in smoking

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

Is everyone else fed up to the available selection at the moment? I was gonna <snip> a <snip> to <snip> liquid smoke from all <snip> via <snip>. Would anyone be <snip> in getting <snip> <snip>?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

tnethacker wrote: »
    Is everyone else fed up to the available selection at the moment? I was gonna <snip> a <snip> to <snip> liquid smoke from all <snip> via <snip>. Would anyone be <snip> in getting <snip> <snip>?

Well considering 3 years ago it wasnt even available in Ireland, and now you can get 3 different flavours, I don't think anyone is "fed up" with the choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Off-topic posts deleted.

@tnethacker
    Do not post in this thread again.
    Do not make amateurish 'market research' posts in this forum again.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

If anyone is still looking for this, it's available in the Avoca shop in Rathcoole, stumbled across it yesterday. They must have got a range of sauces and marinades in for the summer. I thought I'd chance looking here to see if it was available any cheaper. (Avoca being Avoca, I was hoping it would be half the price elsewhere) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Frustrated_WW

Aimman wrote: »
    If anyone is still looking for this, it's available in the Avoca shop in Rathcoole, stumbled across it yesterday. They must have got a range of sauces and marinades in for the summer. I thought I'd chance looking here to see if it was available any cheaper. (Avoca being Avoca, I was hoping it would be half the price elsewhere) :rolleyes:

Have been looking for this without success, so will try Avoca in Kilmacanogue, thank you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Got a bottle in M&S in Dundrum yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

If you ask a decent butcher shop (ones that butcher their own meat and process it) they will probably give you a little bottle.
    My old butcher in Dublin gave me a bottle for free..it was so strong, literally one pipette drop would suffice in whatever I was cooking!

Most 'smoked' meats/fish are not smoked but cooked with liquid smoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

You'll get it on Amazon.co.uk
    I bought the Colgin's brand and have used it in everything I can get away with. Wicked stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Hello. So I'm here to ask the same question. Other than Amazon any idea where to get it in Ireland/Dublin? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Fallon & Byrne have it

Advertisement