Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sligo to Westport commute

• 24-05-2014 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

So I might have a prospect of a job in Westport, I'm in Sligo at the moment and I'm wondering does anyone else do the trip? Is it doable? I wouldn't be too keen in moving to Westport as I already have a house in Sligo...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,753 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Number 66 bus takes 2 hours. Or drive via N17 and N5 in an hour and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 vinnyme

cgcsb wrote: »
    Number 66 bus takes 2 hours. Or drive via N17 and N5 in an hour and a half.

Is this something you have experienced yourself? I'll be doing the commute by car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,753 ✭✭✭cgcsb

No, I don't think it's a very common journey tbh. Best of luck with it.

cgcsb wrote: »
    No, I don't think it's a very common journey tbh. Best of luck with it.

Ah OK. Was actually looking for someone that had actual experience of the trip. Thanks all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Prob be cheaper just rent a room in Westport for a few nights a week (can't imagine that being too expensive). Save your sanity and also fuel I would think. No experience of those roads either but I know parts of the N5 ain't hectic, same goes for that N17.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    Prob be cheaper just rent a room in Westport for a few nights a week (can't imagine that being too expensive). Save your sanity and also fuel I would think. No experience of those roads either but I know parts of the N5 ain't hectic, same goes for that N17.

I was thinking of that but at the same time my car gets extremely good MPG (60MPG) so I suppose I'll just have to see how I get on in the first month!

Advertisement