Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steve Jobs really looks after his customers!

• 04-04-2006 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭

A while ago I found out that my iBook wouldn't boot up from the OSX DVD. So I called support who send me out a replacement. I was told it would take two weeks to arrive. Three weeks passed and nothing came. So I rang again, they said there was some problem and it didn't get sent out. So they sent it out again, and escalated it. Three weeks later there was still no sign. So I rang again, they weren't sure what happened. They sent out another one, and I was told I would get it by the end of last week. It still didn't arrive. I had waited nearly two months at this stage for it.

Frustrated, someone suggested I email Steve Jobs himself in California. Sceptical at first, I thought why not. I sent the email off on Friday explaining everything. I didn't think much of it, until this morning. I got a call from a guy called Stephan, a manager for Apple Europe. He said he got my email and was personally looking into what happened to my DVD replacements that were sent out and would get back to me as soon as possible once he finds out. He even gave me his number to call him if I wanted to.

I couldn't believe it. I was literally stunned to silence. I managed to thank him for his call before it ended. I had lost all hope of ever seeing the replacement but this proves that Apple really do look after their customers!

I'll let you know what happens.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Maybe it'll come with a perfumed photo, hehe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's not the same as getting a call from Steve himself though ;)

Now they better sort that out!

Advertisement