Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi Band 1S for 20 EUR shipped

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭RTT

DubDJ wrote: »
    From the time I installed the new 2.0 version all the data stopped being collected and I lost it all. Since updating yesterday the app has been counting steps and I can check the heart rate. The sleep tracking didn't work last night though, and neither did the alarm. It's tracking steps ok though so it should be working on yours, think sleep is broken.

Yes it is tracking steps on a particularl day but not saving them. Find band works fine but just won't save data for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

RTT wrote: »
    Yes it is tracking steps on a particularl day but not saving them. Find band works fine but just won't save data for some reason.

Yeah you're right, nothing there for me from yesterday. They really messed up with this app. Right now all it really does it check heart rate. Everything else is broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Strange that they seem to have updated the android app and still not released it into the play store globally.

Source: http://en.miui.com/thread-241935-5-1.html
    Mi fit build 2.0.1 English .
    http://app.mi.com/download/68548.

Edit: it's not fully translated that's why :-(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah wouldn't recommend installing that just yet

Not fully translated, odd mismatching fonts makes it look odd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah wouldn't recommend installing that just yet

Not fully translated, odd mismatching fonts makes it look odd

CHeers, thought I had heard somewhere that this update wasn't quite ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Discodog wrote: »
    What's the postage?

no postage showing up

Yes I went on to the main site & their price is the same as Amazon. €14 shipped from China, wait for weeks or €20 , wait a few days, shipped from UK with return to UK warranty - I know which one I would go for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I'm finding it annoying that the smart alarm (sleep cycle - waking up to 30 mins before the alarm) has been dropped from the latest updates. Will have to go back to an older version.

V1llianous wrote: »
    I'm finding it annoying that the smart alarm (sleep cycle - waking up to 30 mins before the alarm) has been dropped from the latest updates. Will have to go back to an older version.

Sure the alarm doesn't even work for me at the moment.

Sure the alarm doesn't even work for me at the moment.

Since i updated yesterday even though it was enabled it didn't work - once I disabled and re-enabled it it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

When I bought this I expected to maybe have to charge the battery every week to 10 days. Charged it last night for the first time since I got it. 49 days is some going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

You sure you have the 1S? Mine lasts about 20 days max. I believe the original one lasted up to two months in some cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Yes it's a 1s with the 3 white LED's. I have turned off a few unnecessary notifications which have helped save the battery. Still vibrates when I have reached certain goals etc and if my heart rate has gone by a set level.

• Advertisement

d31b0y wrote: »
    You sure you have the 1S? Mine lasts about 20 days max. I believe the original one lasted up to two months in some cases.

I got over 30 days with my 1s. I'm on iOS so not sure if it makes a difference, and I only get alarm, call and step goal vibrations. I've had the nighttime heartrate option turned on too.

The original MiBand got just under 60 days for me though, still both we're rated as 30 days and I still get that with the 1s. The original went over and doubled that amount.

I think the battery is one of the biggest things for me with this band, I don't know if I'd still be wearing it if I had to charge every week. I would like a flatter, thinner design but it definitely doesn't get annoying to wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Same here, I got aroiund 40 days after the first charge. Anything over a month is quite good.

Ah, I do get a lot of notifications in fairness. I use it in work for emails, calls etc. while having my phone completely on silent - no vibrate etc.
    I knew the vibrate function was the most power intensive but I didn't suspect it would make that much of a difference. Anyway for the added functionality of all my notifications, it's worth it for me to have to charge once every ~two weeks+, especially since it seems to take under two hours for a full charge when plugged into a USB wall charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Original Xiaomi Mi Band 1S Heart Rate Wristband with White LED - BLACK

On offer for $15.59 today

Mine is showing 31% battery after 30 days of usage. I also have it check my HR every hour too, so that's not bad going. Although, I suspect that I will have to charge it in the next few days, the battery drops off towards the end. Can't complain though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I've three in the post for myself and my parents.

Have the issues with the app been sorted yet? We're all using android phones.

iOS is the main problem, not sure about the Android app. I know it wasn't haven't the same issues but there was a few areas that hadn't been translated from Chinese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

it looks like the most recent version 2.0.4 is better but still has its critics
    http://en.miui.com/thread-242060-35-1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Any shops in Dublin City Centre selling these?

So I had a thought yesterday about the sleep tracking, and how to improve it. I decided to throw my band into the side of my pillow case last night and see how it recorded my sleep. It seemed far more believable, and recorded what I would think is an accurate sleep cycle. Interesting results.

What percentage deep sleep did it register? Supposedly we need to get about 45% deep / REM sleep per night. My Mi Fit app normally registers me at about 35% which I feel would be about right for me due to my habits (eating and drinking tea quite late etc.)
    If I've had a boozy night, I get f-all deep sleep.

d31b0y wrote: »
    What percentage deep sleep did it register? Supposedly we need to get about 45% deep / REM sleep per night. My Mi Fit app normally registers me at about 35% which I feel would be about right for me due to my habits (eating and drinking tea quite late etc.)
    If I've had a boozy night, I get f-all deep sleep.

Out of an 8 hour sleep it registered 2:50, where as when wearing it on my wrist it would tend to register anything from 45 minutes to 1:30. No matter how well I felt I slept it would read too low.

I got the idea from sleep tracking apps that tell you to put the phone in the pillow case to allow it to track movement. I just thought I'd give my experience with my little test anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

lost/mispaced my charging cable, aaghh!

Are any other IOS users still having problems with the app?
    It records my daily activity but does not save the data the following day. My sleep isn't being recorded either.

Are any other IOS users still having problems with the app?
    It records my daily activity but does not save the data the following day. My sleep isn't being recorded either.

Yeah it's still broken for me. I've no tracked data for over 3 weeks now. Only thing that works is the heart rate monitoring. Really annoyed as I've only had the 1s a few weeks and now it's useless. They should have it fixed by now, but it should of been better tested before release anyway. I'm not as big of a MiBand fan after this.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's still broken for me. I've no tracked data for over 3 weeks now. Only thing that works is the heart rate monitoring. Really annoyed as I've only had the 1s a few weeks and now it's useless. They should have it fixed by now, but it should of been better tested before release anyway. I'm not as big of a MiBand fan after this.

Mine is working fine on the latest version of the app from the store - only annoyance is the early bird option on the alarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Thinking of getting one of these, anybody seen a shop in Dublin selling them?

Also why do you need to resister for an account with your phone number... >_>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Highly doubt any shop in Ireland sells these.

Not for this price anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Thinking of buying this off amazon
    .. Is there a difference between the mi& the mi 1s versions?

Lenny wrote: »
    Thinking of buying this off amazon
    .. Is there a difference between the mi& the mi 1s versions?

The 1s is a newer version that has a heart rate monitor built in.

My 1s is on the way. Do any of the apps allow you set notification warning if your heart rate falls below or goes about set limits ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The hr only works on request. You can set it for 30 minutes or that. Its not constantly on.

RossieMan wrote: »
    The hr only works on request. You can set it for 30 minutes or that. Its not constantly on.

Yes I have seen apps that let you set the sample frequency. I am asking if you can set warning limit notifications/alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

ANDROID USERS : what's the most stable, the play store app or the 2.0.5 version available on the forum ?

• Advertisement

Miband notify allows you to set hr limits, and it will alert you when you go out of range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The app updated for me last night, very fancy looking but still cannot use it to unlock phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

sweetie wrote: »
    lost/mispaced my charging cable, aaghh!

I have the original. battery was running low last week so went to charge it.......aaaggghhhhh! same boat as you, I lost it!

brought my car for a clean the other day. when they were finished, I sat back in and there was the charger sitting in the ash tray :D

go and get your car cleaned :p

New iOS mifit app update available today. I think I found a fix this morning and got some of my data back. Updated the app then this evening and seems to be working fine again now.

New iOS mifit app update available today. I think I found a fix this morning and got some of my data back. Updated the app then this evening and seems to be working fine again now.

Care to share? I updated myself but still doesn't seem to make much difference. Although the days in a row section seems to be working now. One of the most useless parts. Shocking that it's been broken for over a month now with no fix.

Care to share? I updated myself but still doesn't seem to make much difference. Although the days in a row section seems to be working now. One of the most useless parts. Shocking that it's been broken for over a month now with no fix.

I downloaded the app on my wife's android phone, signed in and paired my band with it. This allowed me to update the firmware on the band. Then I connected it back to my own phone and it seems to have kickstarted in into action again. My saved sleep for the past few nights has appeared as well as my steps which had otherwise vanished.

• Advertisement

I downloaded the app on my wife's android phone, signed in and paired my band with it. This allowed me to update the firmware on the band. Then I connected it back to my own phone and it seems to have kickstarted in into action again. My saved sleep for the past few nights has appeared as well as my steps which had otherwise vanished.

I have the latest firmware and unfortunately it's still not working. I think it's down to the device the app is running on. I've the MiBand 1s and running the latest iOS but it's a 5c so I think that's where the problem lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

You can buy it for about 8.74 euro, if you login via their mobile website and apply the following promo code during checkout: best4

http://www.tinydeal.com/xiaomi-mi-band-1s-heart-rate-sleep-monitor-call-reminder-pedometer-p-156919.html

(Only when visiting the site using your mobile you can successfully apply the promo code)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Does anyone find that if you sleep odd hours, it doesn't pick up that you have slept? For example, a few weeks back, I didn't get to bed until about 7am (partying till the wee hours), slept till about 2pm, but it didn't pick up that I had slept?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

inel wrote: »
    You can buy it for about 8.74 euro, if you login via their mobile website and apply the following promo code during checkout: best4

http://www.tinydeal.com/xiaomi-mi-band-1s-heart-rate-sleep-monitor-call-reminder-pedometer-p-156919.html

(Only when visiting the site using your mobile you can successfully apply the promo code)

It's telling me that the code is valid but this order doesn't meet the conditions to use it. Any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Del007 wrote: »
    It's telling me that the code is valid but this order doesn't meet the conditions to use it. Any idea why?

I'm not sure why is telling you that. It worked for me when I posted.
    Did you try to order it via the mobile site? Only having this in the cart?

• Advertisement
Advertisement