Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi Band 1S for 20 EUR shipped

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

My band that I ordered on the 8th, from the OP's link, has now seemingly shipped. I sent them a mail and they sent on a tracking number. I'll probably have it by June... Probably...

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

€22.61 on Geekbuying now too

Just ordered from this, fingers crossed it arrives in 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Anyone interested in a group buy?

Honorbuy ship directly from EU @$25.99 but charge $29 for shipping (DHL). If you order 7, shipping comes to $49, so $231 in total which works out at $33 each and we would have it in 2-5 business days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Anyone interested in a group buy?

Honorbuy ship directly from EU @$25.99 but charge $29 for shipping (DHL). If you order 7, shipping comes to $49, so $231 in total which works out at $33 each and we would have it in 2-5 business days.

I wonder would they scrap the shipping if we could order 20/30 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I wonder would they scrap the shipping if we could order 20/30 ?

64.50 shipping charge for 30pcs..I dont think these sites negotiate!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Is it a standard USB charger port?

The miband charger is like this, the new one almost the same with the old one besides some details, but you still can not use old charger for new one.
    xiaomi-mi-band-5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

€22.61 on Geekbuying now too

with coupon? it is €24.63 now. maybe you can choose simple package version for lower price if you don't mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I orderd through AliExpress, but be sure to choose the Xiaomi Store, within AliExpress, and not some 3rd party vendor, who may be selling knockoffs.

This is where I ordered
    http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7236520730.html?orderId=72114331460114

Great, got two delivered for $25.99 each. Both have an extra strap.
    You can also order it for $23.99 without the extra strap.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Original-Xiaomi-Mi-Band-1S-featured-heart-rate-monitor-new-smart-wristbands-for-iPhone-Xiaomi/32531838078.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Folks has anyone heard of this band ?

I know RAZR make some very good gaming peripherals but spotted that they are having a 50% off sale tomorrow so that'd bring the above band down to €30.

http://www.razerzone.com/eu-en/store/nabu-x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 hecmail

Hi. Thanks for the tip on this. I order one, but it's been 11 days and I still haven't got an email confirming the shipping. I've tried logging on to the company website and I can't log in.

I'm starting to get very suspicious about this website.

Has anyone else had these issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

hecmail wrote: »
    Hi. Thanks for the tip on this. I order one, but it's been 11 days and I still haven't got an email confirming the shipping. I've tried logging on to the company website and I can't log in.

I'm starting to get very suspicious about this website.

Has anyone else had these issues?

I contacted them after a few days, and got no response, but did get shipping notification with a tracking number shortly after, as did another poster iirc - might be worth sending a mail / using the website contact form (I did both).. still dubious, but with paypal protection, we should be ok either way..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Have the original, love it. So far only issue was band broke so I had to replace but it is perfect

Very handy as well have the vibrate function, so even if phone on silent/another room the band will vibrate to let you know you have incoming call

Think I will invest in the new one, now to find a cheap site to buy from :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Have the original, love it. So far only issue was band broke so I had to replace but it is perfect

Very handy as well have the vibrate function, so even if phone on silent/another room the band will vibrate to let you know you have incoming call

Think I will invest in the new one, now to find a cheap site to buy from :-)

WAWAW?

miband 1s for less than 18 euro at the mo (don't know how long it will work for).

http://www.gearbest.com/smart-wristband/pp_263275.html

use promotion code MI1S16 at checkout to get the reduced price.

saw this on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/miband/comments/41w7qd/heads_up_1s_for_1839_shipped/

I ordered one myself. I've used gearbest for many purchases in the past and it's fine.

with it claiming processing of 4 to 10 days on the miband before it ships out probably will be 3 to 4 weeks before you'd get it tho - heads up for the impatient amongst us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

glasso wrote: »
    miband 1s for less than 18 euro at the mo (don't know how long it will work for).

saw this on reddit

I ordered one myself. I've used gearbest for many purchases in the past and it's fine.

with it claiming processing of 4 to 10 days on the miband before it ships out probably will be 3 to 4 weeks before you'd get it tho - heads up for the impatient amongst us.

Thanks for that. Just ordered for €17.26.

have the original one and love it. Strap broke recently and have just ordered a new one so will probably give that to the Mrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

saw this on reddit

I ordered on the 11/11 and I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered :( Gearbest have been fine for me in the past though so I'm not too worried just yet. Last order took 5 weeks or so to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

I think fearbest are banned on here. I ordered from aliexpress for the wife. The heart rate monitor appears to be more of a gimmick than anything else appears on all the ir based ones it doesn't work while exercising gives a very inaccurate average you have to stay still for a few seconds to get an accurate reading so not sure if it's worth the extra Tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

@glasso - Thanks for the code. Ordered one for €17.50

I think fearbest are banned on here. I ordered from aliexpress for the wife. The heart rate monitor appears to be more of a gimmick than anything else appears on all the ir based ones it doesn't work while exercising gives a very inaccurate average you have to stay still for a few seconds to get an accurate reading so not sure if it's worth the extra Tenner.

I'm more interested in the improvement in accuracy in sleep tracking using the HR - for me the sleep tracking aspect is the most interesting thing.

I don't think that the miband was ever going to replace a 300 euro garmin watch (the ones with in-watch optical hr tracking are that price) or even a 150 euro watch in combination with a chest HR strap for exercise tracking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭Invincible

DubDJ wrote: »
    I ordered on the 11/11 and I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered :( Gearbest have been fine for me in the past though so I'm not too worried just yet. Last order took 5 weeks or so to arrive.

Ordered from Beargest, shipped on 20/12, arrived yesterday.
    Works fine except option for unlocking phone isn't available on android 5.1

• Advertisement

From what I'm reading the HR functionality is slowly being incorporated more in the app. So being able to track runs etc is coming. How good or bad it'll be remains to be seen though! I ordered from the OP's link, and my tracking info is still being updated, although I am still expecting to wait another few weeks until I get it!

saw this on reddit

beerfest already shipped out my order - less than 2 days so pretty fast.

Invincible wrote: »
    Ordered from Beargest, shipped on 20/12, arrived yesterday.
    Works fine except option for unlocking phone isn't available on android 5.1

Mine shipped around the first week of Deceember so I'm a bit worried now. I might get in contact this week and see what the holdup is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Anyone spot any eu warehouse selling this?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Couldn't find one so ended up having to order it on the slow boat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Ordered mine from here, arrived today, took less then 3 weeks, that's a record for Aliexpress ;). Now to set it up....

I had said earlier that this band wasn't working with my android 5.1 phone, I was messing around with settings on phone and in advanced section enabled trusted devices, this gave me an option to add M1 S as a device that'll unlock screenlock.

My tracking says that mine is now in Sweden! It's moving a lot faster than I thought...

Thankfully mine has left guangzhou airport before the Chinese new year slow down so shouldn't get delayed.

Ordered from the OP's link on 9th Jan

Current shipping status:

2016-01-27 11:09:00 The item has been dispatched from Sweden Post, Direct Link's international terminal for onward transport abroad

Cheers OP :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ordered one recently from aliexpress. 10 days shipping once dispatched, was very impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I received the two I ordered, arrived last Wednesday.
    They both connected to android and apple phones no problem. You can connect it to Apple Health app, and Google Fit app. Also, connects to MapMyRun, but have yet to go for a run to confirm functionality.

I received the two I ordered, arrived last Wednesday.
    They both connected to android and apple phones no problem. You can connect it to Apple Health app, and Google Fit app. Also, connects to MapMyRun, but have yet to go for a run to confirm functionality.

I ordered one for the wife with the sweden post option looks like its worse than the slow boat from china

I ordered one for the wife with the sweden post option looks like its worse than the slow boat from china

Looks like mine has arrived, between 3 and 4 weeks. Not the worst!

Got mine yesterday, over 8 weeks shipping time. Charging at the moment.

Got mine yesterday, over 8 weeks shipping time. Charging at the moment.

I've been using my Samsung tablet charger for charging the MiBand, and it's very fast. Love the idea of the battery lasting a long time. I havent taken mine off since I bought it.

I've been using my Samsung tablet charger for charging the MiBand, and it's very fast. Love the idea of the battery lasting a long time. I havent taken mine off since I bought it.

I got roughly 2 months from the MiBand 1 so I'm curious how long the 1s will last with the added heart rate monitoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Mine arrived today. Thanks OP. Now to see how it works!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Wouldn't fit thru letterbox, drove to sorting office with docket, wouldn't give me as I forgot ID. Half a dozen times before I wasn't asked for any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They're doing their job in fairness. It does ask for Id.

Got mine today too.. Cheers op :)

I got roughly 2 months from the MiBand 1 so I'm curious how long the 1s will last with the added heart rate monitoring.

I've had mine on for 4 days with the heart rate sensor going during sleep and it's down at 75% so I guess we can expect a little over two weeks at that rate.
    I can live with that. Might try it with the heart rate sensor off next and see how much of an improvement there is.

Got mine yesterday, and have been playing around. It seems like a cool little device. The notifications are cool, it would be a lot better if it had multi-colour LEDs. The HR monitor works well with other apps Mi Band Notify is the one I bought which will track the HR at regular intervals. Just used it while cycling and it looked good.

d31b0y wrote: »
    I've had mine on for 4 days with the heart rate sensor going during sleep and it's down at 75% so I guess we can expect a little over two weeks at that rate.
    I can live with that. Might try it with the heart rate sensor off next and see how much of an improvement there is.

Are you using a sleep based alarm, was wondering if the heart rate monitor makes much difference?

• Advertisement

Yes I am. I also have pretty frequent notifications going to it. I would guess the heart rate monitor would be the biggest drain on the battery though. If you have it monitoring you while you sleep, it will take your heart rate every ten minutes.

EDIT: you probably meant if it makes much difference to how you wake up. Honestly, I don't know if I like the early wake up. So far it's woken me up exactly half an hour before my alarm or exactly at my alarm.
    Sometimes, I'd much prefer to just stay in bed for the extra half hour. I kind of use it as snooze. It vibrates at 30 mins before and you can double tap it to turn it off but if you don't get up out of bed, it will vibrate again ten minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

For those of you on Android, what app are you using with the Mi Band, the one provided by Xiaomi or other fitness apps?

For those of you on Android, what app are you using with the Mi Band, the one provided by Xiaomi or other fitness apps?

The one that the QR code on leaflet brings you to on play store.

I use Mi Band Notify, and I paid 2 quid for the full version. It's better than the official app it seems, although it lacks sleep tracking for some reason...

I actually find the heart tracking to be pretty accurate. I have it checking every 5 minutes, and it seems to be reasonable most of the time (between 60 and 70bpm at my desk). There are some crazy readings every once in a while, but otherwise it looks good! It worked well on my cycle this morning too.

The step counter is way out though. Definitely wildly inaccurate, it over estimates massively from what I can see.

I use Mi Band Notify, and I paid 2 quid for the full version. It's better than the official app it seems, although it lacks sleep tracking for some reason...

I actually find the heart tracking to be pretty accurate. I have it checking every 5 minutes, and it seems to be reasonable most of the time (between 60 and 70bpm at my desk). There are some crazy readings every once in a while, but otherwise it looks good! It worked well on my cycle this morning too.

The step counter is way out though. Definitely wildly inaccurate, it over estimates massively from what I can see.

Heart tracking is reasonably accurate when your arm isn't flexing / moving. So you'd expect it to be fine at the desk / cycling / skating but running and jogging movements fool the software.

• Advertisement
Advertisement