Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VODAFONE 4" SMARTPHONE...29 EURO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭infocal

On GSMarena it says the Vodafone Smart 3 takes a Mini Sim which is untrue as it takes a full sized regular sim.

mini sim = regular sim

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

On GSMarena it says the Vodafone Smart 3 takes a Mini Sim which is untrue as it takes a full sized regular sim.

full size sim is the size of credit card

mini sim is what we know as ordinary sim

then there is micro sim that is about half the size of mini sim with few mm plastic around metal contacts

and nano sim with metal contacts only

now back to the studio:

rooting is easy - turn on usb debugging and use this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2386677
    after that install superSU from google play as method above is installing only su executable in sbin

anyone has any luck finding working recovery?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Ah, I see now, thanks to the both of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

These are 39 euro now at least for me, 59 with 20 euro off to switch.

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    These are 39 euro now at least for me, 59 with 20 euro off to switch.

Yeah the €29 price was part of their "12 Deals Of Christmas" promotion. €39 is still really good I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 swab

Quick question - will this phone support tethering straight out of the box or will vodafone have rendered such functionality off limits ?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Questionv re porting number

Hi I'm hoping someone can advise me. I ported my number to vodafone after I got the phone unlocked, is it possible to get back to Tesco mobile keeping the same number ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

now online wrote: »

Hi I'm hoping someone can advise me. I ported my number to vodafone after I got the phone unlocked, is it possible to get back to Tesco mobile keeping the same number ?
    Thanks
    can you not just tell tesco you want to port the number over?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

now online wrote: »

Thanks

Sure its easy, I use my old 085 number with Tesco mobile just fine. Call them, is done in seconds

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭loopymum

infocal wrote: »

I used the same on your recommendation. Got code after about 5mins and unlocked it. Great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Basil3 wrote: »
    Sorry, this one

Edit: now seeing their live chat is offline, so hopefully doesn't slow the process too much

I wouldn't bother ordering from these guys, ordered three days ago no code yet, no response through ebay, live chat or direct email. Haven't had to wait that long for a code in ten years. And yes I've checked my spam folder etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

I used them and got the code within a couple of hours. Much faster than sellers I have used to unlock other phones in the past (up to a day to get an unlock code). Send them an email on their contact address and see what progress you make. All the best.

paddyp wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother ordering from these guys, ordered three days ago no code yet, no response through ebay, live chat or direct email. Haven't had to wait that long for a code in ten years. And yes I've checked my spam folder etc.

Did you use the live chat function? As I said, filled out form, paid, used live chat and was given code straight away. Whole process 2 mins max.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm trying to buy one of these phones and get €20 off by switching a Tesco Mobile number, but every time I enter the Tesco Mobile number I see the following message:
    We're sorry. The number entered is already a Vodafone number. We cannot switch this number to Vodafone.

Anyone seen this and worked around it. The number is definitely a Tesco Mobile number and not Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

anyone know where I cab get a unlock code for a Euro?

all I got left on card..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

I didn't have any problems like that when I ported a new Tesco Mobile sim. How do you know it's Tesco mobile? Are you saying it just because it starts with 089 or are you 100% sure it's never ported (or is a new sim card).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    I didn't have any problems like that when I ported a new Tesco Mobile sim. How do you know it's Tesco mobile? Are you saying it just because it starts with 089 or are you 100% sure it's never ported (or is a new sim card).

It is a new SIM card, freshly bought from a Tesco shop yesterday and then enabled.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

In that case I'd say it's probably best to give Vodafone a ring, I doubt if there would be any workaround you could do yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

slavedave wrote: »
    I used them and got the code within a couple of hours. Much faster than sellers I have used to unlock other phones in the past (up to a day to get an unlock code). Send them an email on their contact address and see what progress you make. All the best.
    Basil3 wrote: »
    Did you use the live chat function? As I said, filled out form, paid, used live chat and was given code straight away. Whole process 2 mins max.

As I said no repsonse through livechat, email or ebay. Tried again last night still no response, live chat offline everytime I've checked it in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Does this model have NFC? I know the manual refers to it but has anybody actually see it work?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 Burrow_Ursidae

Any tips on opening the thing?

Can't put in the battery or sim card lol

It's ok I got it.

Great phone so far, everything is really smooth, much more so than my Huawei y300 which cost 79

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

As I said no repsonse through livechat, email or ebay. Tried again last night still no response, live chat offline everytime I've checked it in the last few days.

Time to request a refund so.

Any other source of unlock codes? Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Fungus wrote: »
    Time to request a refund so.

Any other source of unlock codes? Thanks.

I used this guy, got the code in a few hours, worked 100%

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Any tips on opening the thing?

Can't put in the battery or sim card lol

There's a slot beside the headphone socket where you take the surround off from the top of the phone first then the back panel comes off.Just use your fingernail to pop it off.

Am actually very impressed with the phone's battery life in stand by. I have my second phone number on this phone, and hardly use it, but battery is still at 65% after 3 days. Can't complain, my previous spare was going flat every couple of days and I had to keep remembering to charge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Still nothing on my Fatcheese account, anyone else seeing anything on theirs?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

slave1 wrote: »

Yes - showing €24 for each of the two phones I purchased.

One of the best bargain alerts ever.

Really nice phone. As I said it runs smoother than my Huawei y300.

The unlock code worked perfectly as well.

By the way you can get this deal in Bricks and Mortar Vodafone for 39 if you bring them in your old number and switch.

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    Yes, on mine it says
    "04 Dec 2013 Vodafone Ireland Pending €24.00"
    Should expect the cashback around May :P

Advertisement