Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VODAFONE 4" SMARTPHONE...29 EURO

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

hope this isn't above and beyond but does anyone have a spare sim they could help me out with? I've none that are active in the house here and not a hope of getting into tesco tonight...!!
    Unfortunately not, most of the networks that used to offer free sims now charge, well the sim itself is free but it must be bought with a topup.
    Try 48 if you like, they still offer free sims or go into a phone shop and ask for a sim pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GG396

Anyone manage to get a 48months sim working? It's not on the network list. I've tried 02 (since 48 is on their network), Tesco (since it's an 089 number) and Postfone (the card's in a Postfone phone) but no luck! It's newly registered, would that make a difference? It's giving me the ''The number entered is already a Vodafone number'' message.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

hope this isn't above and beyond but does anyone have a spare sim they could help me out with? I've none that are active in the house here and not a hope of getting into tesco tonight...!!

I don't have any spare but emobile (not meteor) will give you free sims without a need for a topup. I just got 2 today and ported both for the 29 euro ported price.

I clicked via fatcheese for the 1st order but forgot to click the link again to order the 2nd one. Wondering if I can still get the 25 back for the 2nd order now. Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

*You're wrong.
    hahaha I deserved that :D
    Do expand? I think its in my Parcel Motel so Ill see it for myself later on...

My other halves iPhone decided to stop working so on a short term plan we picked up the Smart Mini (the model below it) didnt expect much at all, but was pleasantly surprised at how snappy it was and to be running JellyBean. All google services run well even Navigation. Now its no Nexus but for the money it punches above it weight. My girlfriend has it about 2 months now and still loves it and uses it every day, only big downfall is the camera sucks.

So in short its a bargain @ 29 euro !!

I don't have any spare but emobile (not meteor) will give you free sims without a need for a topup. I just got 2 today and ported both for the 29 euro ported price.

I clicked via fatcheese for the 1st order but forgot to click the link again to order the 2nd one. Wondering if I can still get the 25 back for the 2nd order now. Anyone know?
    From the email I got from FatCheese the cashback is €20 not €24 or €25, sadly you're unable to get cashback unless you click the link from FatCheese. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

From the email I got from FatCheese the cashback is €20 not €24 or €25, sadly you're unable to get cashback unless you click the link from FatCheese. Hope this helps.

Cheers for the info. No bother. Its a steal anyway. It might be a basic smartphone but I'm getting 2 new smartphones for 40 euro. If you'd said that to someone a year ago they'd have said they must be stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

My fatcheese just showed up there and it seems it is only €20 now, that's grand though.

Mister Kipling, my local shop sells Lyca sims for 99c, would that be any good to you.
    I think they are sold through payzone so anywhere with the payzone sign should have them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I bought a vodafone smart mini some months back via FatCheese (€20 cashback offer). I'm approaching the 90 days now and still haven't been paid. I guess there is still time but I doubt they'll pay it because others on here have taken the vodafone deal with them before and never got paid.

Still worth doing it because there is some chance you'll get it, I just wouldn't EXPECT it :)

I bought a vodafone smart mini some months back via FatCheese (€20 cashback offer). I'm approaching the 90 days now and still haven't been paid. I guess there is still time but I doubt they'll pay it because others on here have taken the vodafone deal with them before and never got paid.

Still worth doing it because there is some chance you'll get it, I just wouldn't EXPECT it :)
    As I've been waiting for cashback on some offers since July I'd say you're not too far from the truth :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I bought a samsung sim free smart phone for £13.99 on amazon last week. I need a cheap backup phone.

I haven't received it yet so can't comment on what it's like.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-E1200-Sim-Free-Smartphone/dp/B0079JZ4O2/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386165233&sr=1-9&keywords=sim+free+smartphones

I think the description might be misleading. Don't think its a Smartphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I bought both the Samsung e1200 and the smart 3.

The e1200 is great as just a dumb phone, but it's far from smart in any sense of word. Battery life is great though, you'll get 8+ days standby on it no problem.

I can't say a single nice thing about the smart 3, screen is poor, battery life is poor, performance is worse.

I also never got my fat cheese referral, even after opening a support ticket, so that was a bummer too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Nothing smart about that phone as far as I can see. Looks like the description is completely false to me, correct me if I'm wrong.

Is Not a smart phone !!! simple !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Nothing smart about that phone as far as I can see. Looks like the description is completely false to me, correct me if I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

vibe666 wrote: »
    I bought both the Samsung e1200 and the smart 3.

The e1200 is great as just a dumb phone, but it's far from smart in any sense of word. Battery life is great though, you'll get 8+ days standby on it no problem.

I can't say a single nice thing about the smart 3, screen is poor, battery life is poor, performance is worse.

I also never got my fat cheese referral, even after opening a support ticket, so that was a bummer too.

Android phone might be handy for backing up google settings things like that.

Otherwise a simple phone might be more useful, especially for running, cycling, festival, nights out etc.

Some sales on Carphone warehouse like the Sony Tipo experia E for not much more.

tharmor wrote: »

it does normal phone stuff texts calls etc then it can handle Sat nav and streaming no bother, runs all google services so im gonna say its smart, thats coming from a Nexus 5 user ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

can you sign up and claim off fatcheese after you buy the phone?

can you sign up and claim off fatcheese after you buy the phone?

No you have to sign up to fatcheese, log in, and go to the vodafone website via the link on the fatcheese website. There is no other way. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've a Smart 2 that I picked up for free using cherry points. It's grand for what I need apart from the small storage (146MB Used and 26MB free) and an old version of Android. Think it's 2.3.

Now to try and unlock it to get a SIM so i can get the code to get this offer. Though is it worth it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

projectgtr wrote: »
    it does normal phone stuff texts calls etc then it can handle Sat nav and streaming no bother, runs all google services so im gonna say its smart, thats coming from a Nexus 5 user ;)

Are you talking about the Samsung. Sat nav? Streaming Google services?

Are you talking about the Samsung. Sat nav? Streaming Google services?

no the Vodafone smart the OP posted, it runs all the above with no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭infocal

just got a link from a colleague.... he said can save additional 10 euro.. anyone knows how??????????????

<SNIP>

how to get additional 10 euro off? plz!! thanks all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

infocal wrote: »
    just got a link from a colleague.... he said can save additional 10 euro.. anyone knows how??????????????

<SNIP>

how to get additional 10 euro off? plz!! thanks all!

That an affilliate link which isn't allowed on boards and the 10 euro off is for today only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Thanks OP

Found old 3 sim and did it

Nice one to have as a spare

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Stupid question,I found an old Emobile sim,website asks me for mobile number they can txt a security code to.The only valid number I have now is a VF one,so do I input that?

zerks wrote: »
    Stupid question,I found an old Emobile sim,website asks me for mobile number they can txt a security code to.The only valid number I have now is a VF one,so do I input that?

They text the security code to the sim you are using to port, i.e. your emobile sim. Otherwise you could just port your friend's number over without him knowing as a prank etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They text the security code to the sim you are using to port, i.e. your emobile sim. Otherwise you could just port your friend's number over without him knowing as a prank etc.

Feck it,the sim won't work in any phone I have here:(

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

bought this phone last week for a pressie. guy in vodaphone told me they were 120

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Review here. Btw the screen is 3.5in, 320x480 pixels, not 4in 400x800 as someone listed above.

As someone else said, grand first phone for a kid, for €29...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

peckerhead wrote: »
    Review here. Btw the screen is 3.5in, 320x480 pixels, not 4in 400x800 as someone listed above.

that's a different phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

peckerhead wrote: »

Someone else has a name.

And you're talking about the Smart Mini. We're all talking about the Smart 3.

There's a comparison here.

Advertisement