Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi Band 1S for 20 EUR shipped

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Am I correct in saying this doesn't show the time? I want one to replace my watch so it needs to show the time. Can't have my phone out at work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Am I correct in saying this doesn't show the time? I want one to replace my watch so it needs to show the time. Can't have my phone out at work

It does not show the time. I'd say the 1s isn't as good for things like notifications since it has three LEDs that are all white. Some of the previous versions use multicoloured lights which makes the notifications better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I have to disagree with the step counter being way out. I know it's not as accurate as some other step counters but once you know that you can get a pretty good estimate of what your steps actually are.

I reckon the steps are out by about 20% so I just set my target accordingly (instead of 8000, I have my goal as 10000).

I took it off before showering yesterday as this seems to really throw it off early on (and no, not from shining my brass).
    At the end of the day, I checked my usage throughout the day and it seems pretty accurate for what I was doing.
    e.g.
    I do a lot of deskside support so I am constantly moving from place to place. I walked my dogs when I got home and was generally pretty active yesterday. The step counter and the breakdown of distances covered were what I would expect (even without taking into account for the 20% I estimated above).

Of course, I have no real way of testing how accurate it is. Maybe I will put a step counter on my phone and just try to keep it on me the whole time.

d31b0y wrote: »
    I have to disagree with the step counter being way out. I know it's not as accurate as some other step counters but once you know that you can get a pretty good estimate of what your steps actually are.

I reckon the steps are out by about 20% so I just set my target accordingly (instead of 8000, I have my goal as 10000).

I took it off before showering yesterday as this seems to really throw it off early on (and no, not from shining my brass).
    At the end of the day, I checked my usage throughout the day and it seems pretty accurate for what I was doing.
    e.g.
    I do a lot of deskside support so I am constantly moving from place to place. I walked my dogs when I got home and was generally pretty active yesterday. The step counter and the breakdown of distances covered were what I would expect (even without taking into account for the 20% I estimated above).

Of course, I have no real way of testing how accurate it is. Maybe I will put a step counter on my phone and just try to keep it on me the whole time.

I'm at my desk most of the day, and don't have much walking, and yet it says I walked 10000 steps yesterday, which i just can't understand where they came from. Hence saying I reckon it's very inaccurate. From reading online I'm not the only one reporting this inaccuracy. But I guess results vary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

I'm at my desk most of the day, and don't have much walking, and yet it says I walked 10000 steps yesterday, which i just can't understand where they came from. Hence saying I reckon it's very inaccurate. From reading online I'm not the only one reporting this inaccuracy. But I guess results vary.

Step counter is accelerometer based .. so probably mashing the keyboard, turning pages, reaching for the phone, tearing your hair out, shaking your fist, bashing the keyboard off the monitor, punching your coworkers repeatedly in the head would all be interpreted as steps :D

Now that is strange. Even with all my moving around yesterday and walking my dogs, I didn't break 10,000 steps. I agree though, it definitely picks up a lot of movement that aren't steps.
    Step counter is accelerometer based .. so probably mashing the keyboard, turning pages, reaching for the phone, tearing your hair out, shaking your fist, bashing the keyboard off the monitor, punching your coworkers repeatedly in the head would all be interpreted as steps

I have a very relaxed workspace so I guess that's the difference!

Yeah, I know these things are never going to be very accurate given the tech they use. Was just commenting on my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jaysus mine never or rarely hits 10,000 steps, unless Im out for the day taking photos or something. Thats the original model btw.

have the new one on the way so will see how that fairs when it eventually arrives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I use Mi Band Notify, and I paid 2 quid for the full version. It's better than the official app it seems, although it lacks sleep tracking for some reason...

I actually find the heart tracking to be pretty accurate. I have it checking every 5 minutes, and it seems to be reasonable most of the time (between 60 and 70bpm at my desk). There are some crazy readings every once in a while, but otherwise it looks good! It worked well on my cycle this morning too.

The step counter is way out though. Definitely wildly inaccurate, it over estimates massively from what I can see.

What notifyer are you using, there is a few with different names variance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Mine is showing that I run as well as walk, but I have done any running at all. This means that is adds all steps together, running and walking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Folks,
    from reading this thread, I took there were the two options which were a 1st Gen and 2nd Gen Mi Band. But there is also a Mi 1S. Is the 1s the one people are getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

LowOdour wrote: »
    Folks,
    from reading this thread, I took there were the two options which were a 1st Gen and 2nd Gen Mi Band. But there is also a Mi 1S. Is the 1s the one people are getting?

The 1S has a heart beat monitor and is the most recent model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Ordered around 11 this morning for 18 euro on Gearbest, just got an email just there saying it has been shipped. Can't really complain. Hopefully the shipping comes at a surpringly fast speed too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

d31b0y wrote: »

e.g.

This gave me a laugh. Must bear it in mind when mine arrives

Thanks to the OP for the heads up

I went for a run earlier, and it actually tracked it pretty accurately. The HR readings were reasonable, I must compare to my chest strap monitor for my garmin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I have a cheap ass Chinese one that shows the time. Couldn't figure out one day why my total was like 5000 steps higher than usual... I had been conducting rehearsals all day lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I set my step count to 15000, and on the days I work I reach it. I work in a building with 4 floors and I run up and down them a lot, on my days off, even taking the dogs on walks I never reach 10000, I love the monthly stats, once I was in the top 2% of users for the most steps, last month I was in the top 20% , fascinating stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Ordered one of these today. Got Bluetooth headphones recently for running. Can I connect both to a Galaxy S5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Ordered one of these today. Got Bluetooth headphones recently for running. Can I connect both to a Galaxy S5?

I use both with a cheap Huawei phone when running and both work fine at the same time.

• Advertisement

Wifes 1s arrived from china, heart monitoring wouldn't work on her huawei running 4.4.4 in google play store version of the app. I installed the chinese version from xiaomi store, updated firmware and pulse firmware, still doesn't work, works fine in third party apps.
    • Overall the app is very buggy obviously not much testing done.
    • Registering account took at least 10 attempts, ended up doing it online and even then confirmations never arrived first few times.
    • Google fit sync has been removed from newer versions.
    • App has 1.5 stars out of 5 on xiaomi's own app store which is about right.

Hopefully a third party app will add fit sync the mi fit app seesm to be going backwards.

Wifes 1s arrived from china, heart monitoring wouldn't work on her huawei running 4.4.4 in google play store version of the app. I installed the chinese version from xiaomi store, updated firmware and pulse firmware, still doesn't work, works fine in third party apps.
    • Overall the app is very buggy obviously not much testing done.
    • Registering account took at least 10 attempts, ended up doing it online and even then confirmations never arrived first few times.
    • Google fit sync has been removed from newer versions.
    • App has 1.5 stars out of 5 on xiaomi's own app store which is about right.

Hopefully a third party app will add fit sync the mi fit app seesm to be going backwards.

I've had the official English app running on the Huawei Y6 with zero issues. What's the problem she's having with the heart rate monitoring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

Does anyone know if these come via Netherlands? I got an An Post 'Sorry we missed you' leaflet for a package yesterday but all I can think of it being is this band.

Official app from the play store here too. Working perfectly. Sync with google fit is still there. Registration was crap though. Most places you look, people will recommend signing up online first. That's the only bug I have come across in the app.

DubDJ wrote: »
    I've had the official English app running on the Huawei Y6 with zero issues. What's the problem she's having with the heart rate monitoring?

Heart rate doesn't work at all in the mi app, heart rate page never showed the initial how to wear screen and theres a blank white area covering half the page. I've seen screenshots of the same on the mi and miui forums. They obviously didn't test it properly on kitkat.

By the way, I ordered mine on 16th January from Aliexpress by Sweden post method, its was shipped in China on 17th arrived 8th February by registered post. Sweden post tracking worked really well. Didn't take any longer than usual so definitely worth it.

Feb 08, 2016 02:09 pm The item has been delivered to the recipient abroad IRELAND
    Feb 05, 2016 05:29 pm The item has arrived at the international terminal in the destination country for sorting IRELAND
    Feb 05, 2016 05:29 pm The item has been sorted at the international terminal in the destination country for onward transport in the destination country IRELAND
    Feb 01, 2016 07:59 am The item has been dispatched from Direct Link's international terminal for onward transport to the country of destination MALMO UTR/MMAH,Sverige
    Jan 21, 2016 05:35 pm Item received for processing Direct Link, PostNord Receiving HUB

What version on mi fit do you have d31b0y and dubdj?

Other people have said that the google play store app is version 1.8.511 but when I visit the store I see version 1.8.441, maybe its been revoked, very odd.

• Advertisement

What version on mi fit do you have d31b0y and dubdj?

Other people have said that the google play store app is version 1.8.511 but when I visit the store I see version 1.8.441, maybe its been revoked, very odd.

Firmware version 4.15.11.20
    Heartrate version 1.3.73.16
    App version 1.8.441

I am running a custom rom on my phone which is a blending of Android 5.1.1 and 4.4.4
    My other half is running generic S4 mini 4.4.2 and it's working fine for her too.

Cheers, I found another comment that says 511 is a beta without google fit.

Same for me, ive 1.8.441 as the version number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

markc1184 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if these come via Netherlands? I got an An Post 'Sorry we missed you' leaflet for a package yesterday but all I can think of it being is this band.

Yes the do. Mine hasn't arrived yet but the tracking number is for PostNL - the reason being they seem to be the only approved shippers of items containing batteries.

When did you place your order - I placed mine on 28/01 and it hasn't arrived yet? According to tracking it arrived in the country yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

V1llianous wrote: »
    Yes the do. Mine hasn't arrived yet but the tracking number is for PostNL - the reason being they seem to be the only approved shippers of items containing batteries.

When did you place your order - I placed mine on 28/01 and it hasn't arrived yet? According to tracking it arrived in the country yesterday.

My order was placed 23/01 and was out for delivery on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I ordered on 30th. Heard knock at door early yesterday but no one there by time I got downstairs. Checked tracking for my item and it says delivered about 10 minutes after the knock at the door. Got no delivery slip or anything.
    Thought postman would deliver it again today. Was sure I heard a knock at same time again this morning so I had the door open within 15 seconds this morning but no sign of anyone!
    Then got a small parcel dropped in letterbox about 20 minutes later with no stamp and some election post. No idea what's going on with my post...

Edit: watch was in the neighbours gaf & signed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

this miband 1s has simple package version now like old miband, and the price is much better than this deals.

delph09 wrote: »
    this miband 1s has simple package version now like old miband, and the price is much better than this deals.

Come again?

Come again?

you mean simple version come again?

Do you have a link?

Do you have a link?

here http://www.tinydeal.com/simple-package-xiaomi-mi-band-1s-smart-bracelet-heart-rate-monitor-px2nzp9-p-157800.html , and simple package version means that mi band will be removed from the original packaging and put it in a smaller box to save on shipping, the product itself is the same.

you mean simple version come again?

I just couldn't make any sense of you post. It makes sense now with a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Mine arrived today. Disappointed as it won't pair with iPhone 4 as the phone has the older bluetooth protocol. In the app store it said compatible with iOS 7.12 which I have.

Tried to install it on Kindle fire HDX using their own app and it won't pair either.

Hopefully it'll work on the iPad tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mine arrived today. Disappointed as it won't pair with iPhone 4 as the phone has the older bluetooth protocol. In the app store it said compatible with iOS 7.12 which I have.

Tried to install it on Kindle fire HDX using their own app and it won't pair either.

None of the fitness trackers work with iphone 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭Invincible

Charged it 22 days ago, down to 4% today and prompt to charge appeared on phone.

Invincible wrote: »
    Charged it 22 days ago, down to 4% today and prompt to charge appeared on phone.

Thats good going! Mine is showing 59% (although i expect the real figure to be a tad lower), and it's been running for 8 days. I have it checking HR once an hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭Invincible

Thats good going! Mine is showing 59% (although i expect the real figure to be a tad lower), and it's been running for 8 days. I have it checking HR once an hour or so.

It was showing 27% few days ago, went down fast from there!
    Have call notification, WhatsApp & Viber, heart Raye on a few occasions.

glasso wrote: »
    miband 1s for less than 18 euro at the mo (don't know how long it will work for).

http://www.gearbest.com/smart-wristband/pp_263275.html

use promotion code MI1S16 at checkout to get the reduced price.

saw this on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/miband/comments/41w7qd/heads_up_1s_for_1839_shipped/

I ordered one myself. I've used gearbest for many purchases in the past and it's fine.

with it claiming processing of 4 to 10 days on the miband before it ships out probably will be 3 to 4 weeks before you'd get it tho - heads up for the impatient amongst us.

delivered today - ordered jan 22. from beer fest.

miband needs bluetooth 4.
    you need to check (google) whatever device you're using has this capability.
    e.g. android devices need to have android version 4.3 or above to support bluetooth 4.
    not sure what version of apple os supports this as I don't do apple products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mine arrived this morning.

Im using it with an iPhone and just wondering if there is any way to set it to check your heart rate automatically? I can do it manually and the only other option I can see to turn on is for it to check your heart rate periodically when asleep for more accurate sleep data.

adox wrote: »
    Mine arrived this morning.

Im using it with an iPhone and just wondering if there is any way to set it to check your heart rate automatically? I can do it manually and the only other option I can see to turn on is for it to check your heart rate periodically when asleep for more accurate sleep data.

Not at the moment but hopefully they add it as part of a software update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Got mine delivered today. Now to figure our how it works :)

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Are these waterproof? Is it all synced through the app and do you have to be connected to wifi/data all the time?

• Advertisement

Are these waterproof? Is it all synced through the app and do you have to be connected to wifi/data all the time?

This device does not require any data connection at all. It uses bluetooth to sync with the device. So all good there! Bluetooth on phones doesn't drain the battery much these days.

Advertisement