Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

my poor car :(

Options
  • 16-09-2008 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

ok so i bumped the car into a lamp pole last night.... scraped the car over one of the back wheels and gave it a little dint as well..... sorry if i sound like i know nothing about cars (cos i dont!!) but can anyone tell me should this be a big deal or could i fix it myself? like is it possible to buy black paint for the scrapes.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

If ur car is worth about 2k id attempt a fix myself, otherwise leave it to someone who knows what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

Hi OP, if you want to get a more detailed reply - maybe give some details of the car, i.e, Make, Model, Year, Value etc. And also, if you can, maybe post up a photo so that the others can see the damage!

Like Tipsy Mac just said, if the car is of little value, by all means attempt to fix yourself, or maybe a friend interested in (fixing) cars - if on the other hand it is a new/expensive car, best to leave it in somewhere as this kind of thing could compromise the resale value if repaired poorly. i.e, buyers spot these things very quickly and they may not believe that you only had such a minor mishap.

Anyway, best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

depends on the lenght and the dept...

weither filler is needed or not... maybe the dints need to be pulled out ??

generally, i'd touch it up if it was 4" x 4" or shorter... if not just buff and rough it out, wipe then spray and hope you dont mess it up too much.

confedance is key, if you dont feel you can pull it off, dont do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭clickerfingers

thanks guys for taking the time to reply, im a real novice when it comes to cars.... its a 2002 peugot 206

Advertisement