Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Isofix - international?

Options
  • 16-09-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi

A friend is moving to the States and wants to know if their ISOFIX seat will work in the states (ie) is ISOFIX available in new cars there, and if so how common is it in nearly new cars?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

TheBazman wrote: »
    Hi

A friend is moving to the States and wants to know if their ISOFIX seat will work in the states (ie) is ISOFIX available in new cars there, and if so how common is it in nearly new cars?

Cheers

I researched this the other way around for someone a couple of years ago (coming from USA to Ireland). They have ISOFIX in cars in the states, but it's called something else - LATCH I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

R.O.R wrote: »
    I researched this the other way around for someone a couple of years ago (coming from USA to Ireland). They have ISOFIX in cars in the states, but it's called something else - LATCH I think.

Cheers just saw that alright on Wikipedia

Advertisement