Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any Opel Techs on here?... quick question

Options
  • 16-09-2008 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

I sent my wifes opel into our local dealer recently for a headlight repair and now ive noticed that the radio has interference when driving or accelerating. (Its like you can hear the engine ticking on the radio)

Its not very loud interferance, but its driving me mad (excuse the pun!) during long trips!

Anyone know how to sort this without having to go back and pay my dealer to investigate?

(also on a side note, the electric windows all work using the interior switches, but if i now use the key fob to open all windows at once, all but the rear passenger windows responds. - they were all rolling down and up via keyfob before going into the dealer)

Any Ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Access wrote: »
    I sent my wifes opel into our local dealer recently for a headlight repair and now ive noticed that the radio has interference when driving or accelerating. (Its like you can hear the engine ticking on the radio)

Its not very loud interferance, but its driving me mad (excuse the pun!) during long trips!

Anyone know how to sort this without having to go back and pay my dealer to investigate?

(also on a side note, the electric windows all work using the interior switches, but if i now use the key fob to open all windows at once, all but the rear passenger windows responds. - they were all rolling down and up via keyfob before going into the dealer)

Any Ideas?

The problem with signal interference, I take it this was a problem before you went to the garage to have the headlamp issue resolved? It's highly unlikely that a headlamp issue ended up causing a radio interference problem. I know this type of interference used to be sorted by using a ballast resistor, is this still done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

i know it seems unlikely it happened by cause of the garage installing a new headlight, but im just trying to supply as much background info as possible.

Advertisement