Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military auction in Finland

Options
  • 06-05-2012 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

here is a link to an up coming Military auction in Finland http://www.huutokaupat.com/fi/v/18233 ,how is it that other countries can sell off there surplus equipment to the advantage of the tax payer ,whereas here its All cut up to nobodys advantage .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

acmatman wrote: »
    here is a link to an up coming Military auction in Finland http://www.huutokaupat.com/fi/v/18233 ,how is it that other countries can sell off there surplus equipment to the advantage of the tax payer ,whereas here its All cut up to nobodys advantage .

How do you explain the fact that I own an Ex 2 Cav Honda 650 Deauville then? Bought at my local Honda dealer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

How do you explain the fact that I own an Ex 2 Cav Honda 650 Deauville then? Bought at my local Honda dealer...

I thought the army auctions were finished sometime in the early '90s.

I remember the old Land Rover 109's were very popular with the farmers.

You done well with the Deauville and you didn't get stuck with an old XS400/500 or GT550 dispatch bike which would have been in bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

some of that stuff on that auction site i would'nt exactly call military hardware in fairness and would be better off being crushed and not bought by someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I though ex-Army vehicles got sold off in the Garda Auctions ? - tbh some of them would have huge mileage and despite regular servicing would be potential money pits - friend of my brothers bought a Land Rover to ' do up ' as a project - bloody thing was on blocks for years before he admitted it was going nowhere and scrapped it.

Advertisement