Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3 Month Ban

Options
  • 07-09-2014 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    As the title tells I have received a three month ban from after hours which has left me bewildered.The thread in question was of all things something as innocent as the rose of Tralee winner,whom I supported.The issue arose when another poster called me an ignorant intolerant c*nt and began speaking about where he liked to "stick his dick",his words not mine.I did not report this post as in the past my reports went unnoticed.I,now in hindsight regrettably,took his bait and posted a reply which was not personal and nobody took insult from until a few days later when out of the blue I received a three month ban for!
    the ban was for being uncivil and the mod highlighted two points for this ban.First point from the mod was for comparing sodomy and natural sex,which seemed basic to me and any dictionary as anal sex and sex between a man and a woman.The other poster began talking about anal sex so what was wrong with this reply?Second point from the mod was for talking about homosexuality being equal to heterosexuality,i was comparing both from a health risk point of view and not from the point of one not being equal to another.Again I did not introduce sex into the thread,only replied,so what was so wrong about this?I would like to emphasise that I did not introduce sex into this thread and never personally insulted anyone in the thread.
    I private messaged the mod in question,Danniemcq,three times but to no avail.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi Fran,

A Cmod will review this and get back to you.

Micky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Thanks Micky.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi fran17.

This ban was not given for a particular post in isolation. Your posts in threads related to sexuality have in some instances been inflammatory & trollish. You have a history of making inflammatory comments & the mods are fed up with this. It upsets other posters & causes more work for the mods to keep the peace.

You have been subject to a number of mod actions (red cards, & bans of increasing length), the most recent being a 1 month ban in July that was upheld by an Admin.

As it appears that you are unwilling to change your posting style & refrain from making inflammatory comments, particularly when dealing with topics involving sexuality - the mods have been forced to give you a further ban, again of increasing length.

I uphold the ban & would like to point out that if you continue posting in the same vein when you return that your access privileges to the forum may be removed permanently.

You may appeal to an Admin if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Firstly I'd like to thank yourself and Micky for at least having the decency to reply.To be a moderator on a forum and not reply to issues the user of their forum has is at best childish.Without users there would not be a forum to begin with so that might be something for danniemcq to think about.
    Regarding the ban itself I accept that at times I may go over the top just a little on certain issues but there's not many people here who don't.But there is a handful of subjects on this forum that have a fixed agenda and anybody who has an alternative point of view is silenced,this is what I take issue with.In the past,because I didn't toe the line,mods have abused there powers by lifting bans on certain people,deleting insulting posts for certain people,blocking threads and poll results,allowing horrible personal insults to go unchecked and giving me infractions all in the name of strengthening the opposing point of view.So I hope you can at least start to understand where my frustration comes from.
    I believe that a precedent has been set now in that if you are not of the same opinion as the agenda of the day is then a fellow poster may insult you to the level of being called an "ignorant,intolerant c#nt" without fear of reprisal.This is worrying.
    I won't be appealing to an admin as in the past when I tried the appeal was immediately locked three times without any discussion and I was threatened with a site ban if I tried to appeal again.
    Again thank you for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi fran17:

Regarding comments made by other posters - please use the report post function in future. If you feel that these are not being actioned you may PM a CMod. But please note that in some instances mod action may have been taken, but just not visible to you.

I cannot comment on your appeals in the past & threats of a siteban as I am not familiar with these situations in-depth. However, I will say that you should not fear a siteban for appealing my decision on this matter.

So, if you wish to appeal - you are still free to do so.

All the best,

tHB

• Advertisement
Advertisement