Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for helping?

Options
  • 07-09-2014 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm banned for trying to help no idea why, i only logged in to add some important info, now i am banned i don;t even use this site very often but now i am banned for trying to help????

Contacted mp22 but still had no reply so no idea what to do on;y post here???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi morphirr,

I know that mp22 is currently travelling. Please give them some time to respond.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 18 morphirr

what does trolling the thread mean exactly? And now yerman mp22 is not replying, bit bored with this control, internet is for free speech, not for being controled and banned on any little whim

Free speech is a moot & distracting point here. The crux of matter is if your actions warranted a ban.

I have contacted mp22.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 morphirr

hows that exactly? Does mp22 work for the Department of Social Protection

FYI: Trolling is when a poster posts in a thread with the deliberate intention of provoking a response and/or derailing the thread.

I will review this appeal in more detail later this evening and respond then. By the way, your question of mp22 working for the Departent of Social Protection isn't very endearing. Just because someone doesn't support your view of an organisation doesn't imply that they work for the organisation. Making such a comment does little to support your case.

• Advertisement

Hi morphirr

I have reviewed your post plus I have also spoken with the moderators of the State Benefits forum. I do not believe that you were intentionally trolling the forum and that you made a genuine error. However, the State Benefits forum is a strictly run forum, mainly because of the sensitive and personal nature of the material.

Therefore, I ask you to read the charter carefully (you can do this by logging out of Boards and going to the forum). Once you have read the charter, please let mp22 and I know that you accept the rules of the forum. Once you confirm that, we will be happy to lift the ban.

Please let me know if this is acceptable to you.

Hi morphirr,

Please let me know if this resolution is acceptable to you? If you do not respond, I will ask for DRP thread to be closed.

dudara

Requesting that this thread be marked as resolved and closed, seeing as how we haven't heard back from the OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement