Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you find this sexy?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

taconnol wrote: »
    You really think that your opinion that being female and hairy is not a social construction? Come on. If it so inherently nasty, why isn't it nasty on men? What is it about the combination of hair and women that is so repulsive? FFS, it's natural!! What do you think women did before razors were invented? Do you realise how western, specific and constructed our Western ideals are, that they're not universal??

Women's bodies are so discussed, analysed, picked over, commented on, mocked, judged, measured. We have to be A, B C, there is an ideal for everything, and this is just one of them. Ever think about how much money the beauty industry would lose if we were all suddenly happy with our natural bodies?? Think about it.
    Re-read my post. I specifically said "it's a social construction".
    Well, I'm not strong enough to deal with society's disdain in this area. Not going to apologise for it. I wish I was strong enough to not feel obliged to do it but I'm not.
    Well then don't moan about it. You're caving in just as much as I am. Just because you complain about it doesn't mean you're taking any kind of stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Homer

If it exists, it's somebody's fetish.

Yup, just have a look for armpit-sex.com, it's there! (NSFW i'd hazard as I was too afraid to click on it)

If anybody is feeling adventurous enough maybe they can have a snoop and report back!

I nominate snyper as he started this and is definitely depraved enough :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Dudess wrote: »
    Re-read my post. I specifically said "it's a social construction".

And then you went on to say ""it still looks dreadful to be hairy and female" :rolleyes:
    Well then don't moan about it. You're caving in just as much as I am. Just because you complain about it doesn't mean you're taking any kind of stand.

Dudess, I will express my opinion on the matter if I so wish. Going against social restraints is a lot easier said than done. Just because I haven't mustered up the courage to do it yet, doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion on it. Jeez.

Actually I don't shave my legs - it's the armpit thing I'm considering next...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

And then you went on to say ""it still looks dreadful to be hairy and female" :rolleyes:
    While acknowledging that it's a social construct... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Armpits no but she's cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

i recognize that woman i think its Sherifu:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Snyper - that AIDS comment just proved Simplicity's point. Good job.

Good logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I shave and all that mostly because it's the path of least resistance but wow, the reaction on this thread is so weird when you step back from it.

I think it's fair so say that for most of human history most women didn't shave... judging from most of the reactions here we must conclude that our forefathers were physically repulsed by our foremothers. Which is a little sad.

Alternativly we can conclude that when no one shaved no one minded and that it's only now that most (white western) women shave that being clean shaven in a key factor in being attractive, thus showing that human attraction is pathetically easy to manipulate. Also quite sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

snyper wrote: »
    Do you find this woman attractive?
    No, but not because of the pit-hair.
    It's a bad example really.

• Advertisement

Well here're two of my favourite performers, complete with armpit-hair

Ani Difranco

Amando Palmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Well here're two of my favourite performers, complete with armpit-hair

Ani Difranco

Amando Palmer

Ani DiFranco is one of my favourite artists. Although I might have to re-think my opinion of her in light of this arm-hair business.

Not to be shallow or anything, but arm-pit hair on a woman (no matter how hot/talented/sound is not something I could ever grow to love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

No thank you. Not for me. Memories of a hairy French woman on a course I did years ago come flooding back :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I suppose some women do it as a form of protest or to shock people but I just don't see the point, only takes 30 seconds to shave your armpits every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Watch out ! ITS A BLOKE .....

Lux23 wrote: »
    I suppose some women do it as a form of protest or to shock people but I just don't see the point, only takes 30 seconds to shave your armpits every day.

That's like, 152 hours in a life time, almost six years of doing nothing but shaving your armpits, my god! nevermind calculating how much you'll spend on razors.
    As I said, I do shave, but I have no time for people suggesting it's normal. It's pretty weird however you look at it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

I get mine waxed, and will get them lasered completely in the future. However I do agree that the reactions here are OTT....it's bodily hair. Women grow it too. Heaven forbid we should ever have hairy pits or legs at ANY time. I could go on a big rant about constructionist feminism but I wrote enough about it this year at college, so I won't! :pac:

look..

Beards on men gross out many women, and i have had a beard many times ...

.. but i can understand why women would be grossed out by it.. i must post a pic...

Bottom line is, its perfectly fine if a woman decides not to shave off her pit hair.. leg hair or her ronnie for that matter... but i just dont find it all that attractive.. particularly the pit hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Papillon87 wrote: »
    constructionist feminism
    This is AH, love. Back to the kitchen with ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Wouldnt touch her with yours. id say she uses alot of shampoo:pac::eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

She looks like shes got Carlos Tevez in a headlock :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

Simplicity infracted for personal abuse - cop on.
    Snyper - careful now.

Huh?? Who says you "have to"? You're still doing it! I think it's a crap double standard too but there ain't no way I'm gonna stop shaving/waxing. Granted it's a social construction but it still looks dreadful to be hairy and female.

Oh and eh... lol at the people who notice bullsh1t tiny things like her fringe and chin when she's shoving a hairy armpit in your face. Actually it's hilarious that you'd notice those things at all...

Nice. Iget offered AIDS. Analy Injected Death Syndrome!

I got infracted for my comment but Snyper just gets warned. I can only imagine Dudesss is despertae for the ride. (PM moi for photo) Sadly the internet is not as private as some think :)

I could get more smarter but I think this will suffice.

Plus I am not terribly smartyde'arty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i cant get a google image of a hairy girl without getting:eek::eek:
    (maybe i should turn my safe search on!!)!

but i have to admit, i totally get turned on with a bit of armpit hair and a bit of a sweat on a girl..... its so feckin raaaw! its like a forbidden fruit.....! wooooop!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Sherifu wrote: »
    This is AH, love. Back to the kitchen with ya.

Lol....I'm off to shave my legs :p

Simplicity wrote: »
    I can only imagine Dudesss is despertae for the ride. (PM moi for photo) Sadly the internet is not as private as some think :)

Bye *waves*

Bye *waves*

Making a point nigga.

flanum wrote: »
    i cant get a google image of a hairy girl without getting:eek::eek:
    (maybe i should turn my safe search on!!)!

but i have to admit, i totally get turned on with a bit of armpit hair and a bit of a sweat on a girl..... its so feckin raaaw! its like a forbidden fruit.....! wooooop!

I turned safe search off.

I got Dudess again :(

ok, for the doubting thomases, here is why it is not so bad for women to not shave under their oxters!: dan_llyod_300807.png
    (its like another vulva... when ye think about it, its at the top of the inside of a limb and its got pubic hair, obviously its a sexual area)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Social Construst or not, fair or not, a woman who stands up for her right to be hairy under the pit has just turned off 75% of male suitors. According to Sex and the City its hard enough finding 'Mr Right' out off the entire male population to start with. Go right ahead and limit yourself to less than a quarter of the male population from which to pic Mr Right....just to make a point and stand up for your rights. Theres plenty of time from the age of 60 on ladies to grow it long enough to plait.

Its so unfair this new social construct where my GF won't suck on my hairy balls but demands that I shave them first cause she thinks hairy balls are icky...............like I worry about the fairness of it!! I get my balls sucked!! Woohoo!! :D

sorrees if this was already posted: armpit.jpg
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lil momma

Ewwwwwww ewww
    That girl needs to get to her nearest salon pronto...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Simplicity banned.

Simplicity banned.

No thanks button.

Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Armpit hair on a girl is horrible, and there's no excuse seen as it's very easy to shave off. Unless the girl chooses to have it that way of course, but she needs to accept that she will then only be attractive to big fat hairy tractor-pulling* enthusiasts from Belgium.

*yes there is such a sport!

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Armpit hair on a girl is horrible, and there's no excuse seen as it's very easy to shave off. Unless the girl chooses to have it that way of course, but she needs to accept that she will then only be attractive to big fat hairy tractor-pulling* enthusiasts from Belgium.

*yes there is such a sport!
    heres one tractor- puller
    http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh182/stevesurdam/32841649841-1.jpg

Alan Ford wrote: »

Morgan Freeman is into tractor Pulling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

The ladies ought to be well groomed. OP, your original offering is a fail. Armpit hair on women is a bad thing. FACT.

look..

But only as part of your raping kit I presume?? I tip my rape hat to you for your efforts to hide your identity snyper :p

look..

But only as part of your raping kit I presume?? I tip my rape hat to you for your efforts to hide your identity snyper :p

• Advertisement

Jigsaw wrote: »
    The ladies ought to be well groomed. OP, your original offering is a fail. Armpit hair on women is a bad thing. FACT.
    FAIL

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I don't get it. Please explain?

Advertisement