Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMs hinky?

Options
  • 28-07-2014 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

I've twice sent a PM to another user in the past few days. The first time, I could see the PM but the other user never got it (and it's since disappeared from my own list too). The second time, I don't know if the other user has got it, but I can't see it in my list at all. What's going wrong? Here's the thread we were speaking on http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057109448/2#post91466280
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Qualitymark,
    You may not have selected to save PMs to sent items which is why you would not see them - you can change this setting in the Control Panel. If your second PM is not received again, please let me know. There are no known issues with PMs at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Thanks, Niamh. I haven't changed my settings to do anything different from what I was doing before. The person I was sending to saw neither PM.
    I've contacted the person through Twitter instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Your setting for saving sent PMs in your sent folder is switched off in your User Control Panel, whether or not this has changed I don't know, but I'm looking at the setting now and it's off. Go here and tick checkbox: Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

Thanks, I've (re)done that now.

Feel free to send me a PM to test.

• Advertisement

Didn't work, Gordon; I hit 'Submit' five times, but it wasn't a Fifty Shades of Grey scenario, no submission happened.

What browser are you using? Can you whip it through another one?

Tried on Chrome (this is Safari); message obediently disappeared, but is not showing on my list of PMs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Gordon, Try send Qulitymark a pm and see what happens.

Right, Gordon, I got your PM and replied to it, and also added to and sent the earlier one. Both are showing in my PM list now, both as sent and as a field with the message typed into it.

• Advertisement

Seems working now, I wonder if there was an issue with Safari. I tried sending you one via Safari but it seems to have sent ok. (5.1.10)

/edit - OK cool, hopefully fixed now then...

I got yours from Safari too. Hm, don't think I'd trust the PM system in future, though.

Don't see why, thousands of people use it without hitch.

Were you on mobile or computer?

On computer, Gordon. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement