Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Co Cavan for children (up to 18)

Options
  • 19-02-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am starting this thread for people to discuss the options available for teens and pre-teens in the general Co Cavan ie what youth clubs is out there, what activities is there ie shinkendo, soccer clubs, gaa clubs etc.

I am a committee member of one youth organisation and a member of another organisation that has a youth element.

I look forward to a healthy discussion on this topic.

lycan238
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭grumbleweed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Ok so have you ever been there? is it any good? Any feedback at all on there?

I personally have never been there either as a member or a leader of any youth club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭celt262

lycan238 wrote: »
    Ok so have you ever been there? is it any good? Any feedback at all on there?

I personally have never been there either as a member or a leader of any youth club.

I have been there.

It is ok but a bit expensive for what we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭grumbleweed

I was there with a stag party and had an excellent day , so much so that we got back in touch with a view to bringing the junior footy team (haven't been back yet but its in the pipeline) . They have different packages so you really need to contact them for prices as it really depends on what you want to do .

celt262 wrote: »
    I have been there.

It is ok but a bit expensive for what we got.

thanks for your feedback. I would think that ODD is the sort of place that you would bring older teens to. I seem to remember someone telling me that some of their activities are age restricted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭seanpjs93

There's a place called "Kool Kids" in the Corlurgan Business Park on the Ballinagh Road, there's stuff there for children up to about 12

http://koolkids.ie/tag/cavan/

They have a Laser game going on for older ages from 18:30 - 20:30 as well, so it might be something worth looking in to.

thanks seanpjs93 however as 'summer' holidays are fast approaching ideas for what to do with children could be posted on here and parents who view this thread may get ideas from it. Try and post ideas that are suitable and based in this general area. ODD is a good idea as i said never been there myself (have been to the zone in navan though). Koolkids is good for younger children. Any more ideas????

Advertisement