Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German lessons

Options
  • 12-03-2013 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

A neighbour of mine, who has returned from Switzerland recently was saying he wants to learn this language. Is there lessons in the Cavan area I wonder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

A neighbour of mine, who has returned from Switzerland recently was saying he wants to learn this language. Is there lessons in the Cavan area I wonder?
    I would have thought the VEC would do something like this but from their website on adult education courses offered they mention French for beginners but not german
    http://www.cavanvec.ie/Pages/AdultEducationNightCourses.aspx

Theres an email address there so maybe pop a mail to them to ask if theres a course starting soon.
    Its no harm to contact them as they cant possibly know there is a demand for german (or anything else) unless folks start asking about it.

It'd be strange to offer French and not German but it'd probably be something wanted by folks intending on holidaying there rather than anyone looking to learn the language to a proficient level to deal on a professional level or move there to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Gott

They definitely offer German at beginner level in Cavan Institute, I did it last year.

Not sure about intermediate levels if your friend has any German but no harm in asking.

Advertisement