Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting Carlow to Dublin

Options
  • 29-07-2014 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I am moving to Carlow in next month or so. I have a commute of 20k which I do by bike. My new commute wil be 90k. I plan on driving most of the way and cycle the rest to avoid traffic. I plan on parking 20k out of town paeking up and doing rest by bike. I have thought of parking in Avoca but unsure if ita paid or limited to customers only. Any asvice on places to park for free would be great. About 20k out of town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Where in Carlow are you coming from? If you're talking about Avoca as an option then is it Tullow? You do know Avoca is a lot more than 20km from Dublin. Where's your final destination in Dublin - you don't need to give the name of the place just the area as it's impossible to help with the detail you've given.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Where in Carlow are you coming from? If you're talking about Avoca as an option then is it Tullow? You do know Avoca is a lot more than 20km from Dublin. Where's your final destination in Dublin - you don't need to give the name of the place just the area as it's impossible to help with the detail you've given.

I think he means the Avoca shop at Citywest, not the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

lxflyer wrote: »

Doh!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

lxflyer wrote: »

Not sure about Avoca but there is a few park and ride LUAS spots around citywest you could park up and cycle in.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭BMKN

Ill b coming from milford area in Carlow and pearse street in Dublin. I meant Avoca cafe. Reason i want to cycle in is to avoid Newlands cross traffic in evening as ill b leaving city at 5pm and Fridays r so backed up plud its my way of getting my cycling fix.

• Advertisement
Advertisement