Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU Temp

Options
  • 20-02-2015 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

I was playing a game today and my CPU temp jumped to 70°C. Its happened before on graphically heavy games and my fans start going mad. What could be the issue here? A misfitted CPU cooler?

Its a AMD A10-5800K with a Corsair H80i cooler and a ATI ASUS R9 270X 2GB. Its only started happening in the last couple of months.

Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭KaaaaaaPOW

It's not dusty?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

What are you using to measure temps? It appears that the A10 may have issues of reporting false temps when using Windows based programs.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

What are you using to measure temps? It appears that the A10 may have issues of reporting false temps when using Windows based programs.

Just checked it in Speccy as soon as I shut the game down. Granted it may not be accurate, but its defiantly getting hot as the fans speed right up. And even if you put your hand to the exhaust fan you can feel its quite warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

OK, I just started converting a video there and checked in speccy and now its says its at 80, but the fans aren't running that high. So I'm pretty sure thats not a correct temp. A good CPU temp program?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try Coretemp or Realtemp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

AMD cpu's are notorious for incorrect readings, once you're happy that the heatsink is correctly installed and there's an appropriate amount of thermal paste in use and the fan is functioning, I wouldn't dwell too much on it.

Any AMD APU should auto-shutdown at about 75-80 or whatever.

Advertisement