Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get the mother of my kids back

Options
  • 24-01-2015 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

My ex broke up with me because I've no job. I am really trying but just can't get a job. She said shes unhappy and we used to row alot because of the job situation and because she's moody in general.We have a three year old son already and another baby due in May. She's living in her dads house now as rent is too dear. Is there any way to win her back as I'm miserable without her and my son. I want to be in a family environment with them and not a part time dad. I love her more than anything and would do anything for her. It happened a week ago and I'm depressed over the situation. Also would love a woman's opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Better here OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭W74255

Taltos wrote: »
    Better here OP.

Have you it moved here or how do I move it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mod note:
    It's moved here, RI gives advice on relationships. S&D is on how to achieve a separation or divorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 180Bhoy

Because she's moody in general? Yer better off separated then. Not a healthy environment to bring kids up if ye are having rows alot. Doubt it was just because you are unemployed either...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Hi. Sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult time. I'd need more information. Have you talked? Is she open to going to couple counseling? You need to understand why you are arguing & how to discuss issues without a fallout. How long have you no job? If its ongoing that's probably worrisome for her, she needs to know that her & the kids can rely on you. Keep looking for à job & support her emotionally during the pregnancy ( its such a stressful time as special as it is). Use this time to grow. Whether you get back together or not its important you have a good life for you & your children. Maybe look into courses, you might get funding. Good luck.
    Also if she's moody in general it'd be good to communicate that & for her to figure out why & create a happier environment for the children. I really hope it works out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Have you asked her what it will take to win her back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

To be honest with you that was so selfish of her to break up with you because you can't get a job! Was she working herself before having the kids? I think there's a deeper issue here other than the job factor, my boyfriend is struggling to find work and it is stressful being financially unstable but I would never leave him because of it. Ask her to meet up with you and ask her to explain the real reason for the breakup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

180Bhoy wrote: »
    Because she's moody in general? Yer better off separated then. Not a healthy environment to bring kids up if ye are having rows alot. Doubt it was just because you are unemployed either...

+1

Why do you want to be with her if ye fight so much? Do you just want to be there for the kids' sakes?

There may be another reason why she broke up with you, do you think there might be?
    Even if there's not and you cannot get work even though you are genuinely trying, it's a pretty ****ty thing to do on her part to break it off because you can't get work. It smells of gold digger, once you are not earning, she's not interested. If the this is the case you might be well rid of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ethel

W74255 wrote: »
    My ex broke up with me because I've no job. I am really trying but just can't get a job. She said shes unhappy and we used to row alot because of the job situation and because she's moody in general.We have a three year old son already and another baby due in May. She's living in her dads house now as rent is too dear. Is there any way to win her back as I'm miserable without her and my son. I want to be in a family environment with them and not a part time dad. I love her more than anything and would do anything for her. It happened a week ago and I'm depressed over the situation. Also would love a woman's opinion.
    Is there more to this than meets the eye? If my guy lost his job I wouldn't leave him. I'd stay because I love him and I'd want to support him through the rough times. It doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Have you any interest in securing a job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement