Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renault Megane Windows

• 17-09-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi

I have an 06 Megane and 3 windows have stopped working. i could still avail of the warranty fron renault but its still 300 euro and im getting conflicting info about the cause/solution.

mechanic advises me just to give to renault but unsure if it is the motor problem

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Did all 3 stop working at the same time? Are they stuck completely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭roxybargains

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Did all 3 stop working at the same time? Are they stuck completely?

Back passenger first, then other back window and passenger side all within 12 months...they are all closed

Ok, assuming your mechanic has ruled out broken clips or cables it does indeed sound like the little black controller/regulator which plugs in on top of the motor has failed. They can be replaced quite easily but unfortunately they are not available as a separate part. You might get some replacements from a scrappy and you can get repaired ones and DIY repair kits online but I can't vouch for them because on my car I've always managed to get away with just spraying WD40 into the controller's inners to drive out moisture.
    If you are want to try WD40, use the front window as it's much easier to get at than rear ones, but there's no guarantee it will work.

Is that €300 for all windows? If so then I'd let the dealer fix the problem under warranty as your mechanic could charge that in time looking for a resolution with no guarantee of success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Have renault stopped doing the window regulator recall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 YouThere

When we had that problem on 06 scenic 18mths back, I wasn't aware of what Renault might still be covering. And with the closure of local dealer, I wasn't able to travel anyway.

So I went the eBay route (search for "choice of regulator renault megane scenic"). We needed two and they worked a charm. The seller also helped me afterwards to explain the anti-pinch recalibration.

And while I got the £10 back for each of the old units - they still worked out at something like e70 each.

I reckon Jim is right - it's tedious - lots of sharp edges, funky torque screws, small hands and much contortion needed - if e300 covers parts+fitting on all 3 windows - then go for it - especially as they'll stand over their work.

• Advertisement

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Ok, assuming your mechanic has ruled out broken clips or cables it does indeed sound like the little black controller/regulator which plugs in on top of the motor has failed. They can be replaced quite easily but unfortunately they are not available as a separate part. You might get some replacements from a scrappy and you can get repaired ones and DIY repair kits online but I can't vouch for them because on my car I've always managed to get away with just spraying WD40 into the controller's inners to drive out moisture.
    If you are want to try WD40, use the front window as it's much easier to get at than rear ones, but there's no guarantee it will work.

Is that €300 for all windows? If so then I'd let the dealer fix the problem under warranty as your mechanic could charge that in time looking for a resolution with no guarantee of success.

We havent ruled out wiring or clips. front passenger side window makes a knocking noise at times when you press the button.

Mechanic is reluctant to pull off door panels and really look

morritty wrote: »
    Have renault stopped doing the window regulator recall?

They cover 76% of costs on cars under years old that have the window problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Go to main dealer. They may also change wiring looms too as these sometimes give problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I've referred this guy before and the feedback is always very positive, knows his stuff and is very fair on prices. Knows Renault inside and out!

http://electricwindowrepair.ie

They cover 76% of costs on cars under years old that have the window problem.
    €300 wouldn't be bad for 3 windows repaired with genuine parts and you'll likely get another few years warranty too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement