Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

100k+ miles E46 320D; Worth a punt?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

From my point of view, its not that they aren't decent cars or that they don't look good, because they do IMO, or even the reliability issue, as the BM is no less reliable then most other new common rail diesels.

Its the head up their own arse air of superiority that some owners have.

You are driving near enought the basic engined version of a car that is as common as muck and is it better then some cars?...of course it is, is it better then everything else on the road....rubbish.

Oh and I call bullsh1t on your mate doing 350k on a 320d without any issue. Even the best looked after ones are struggling past 150k without major trouble.

Was takin to my friend today. I was right it was a 320d. 01, 360K on her now . Asked him all that he has done on it, He replaced the front wishbones and the rear bushings and obviously a set of disks and the odd set pads at that milage. so original engine, turbo, box, electrics everything. Not too bad really seeing as a wishbone isnt hugly expensive. My 320d has 144k on it. Nothin much replaced but the disks are reaching the end of their life and i had some bushings in the suspension replaced, i did notice a monroe shock in her from a previous owner but apart from that its perfectly sound. The turbos only go if you dont look after the turbo filter its the owners fault not the cars. As per the attack on me you so nicely posted. Where on earth did i say it was better than any car on the road? Ill direct you to my earlier post. I know its not the fastest car for the money but it has decent performance 0-60 in about 8s i think, it handles nice. the interior quality is fantastic. And it looks great. The engine is near enough the basic spec yes but the rest of the car is to a far higher spec. I love cars and i do have strong opinions on them, i wanted a car that would be good on a motorway, fuel efficient, good enough fun to drive that looks good. I bought what i feel is the best option and ive never looked back. At the moment theres no car for the id rather be driving. i love it. When somebody calls it a heap of crap i will defend it to high heaven, but aparantly people can attack a bm but if somebody defends one there just another a bmw driver with their head up their ass as you so nicely pointed out

guyfo wrote: »
    ................ but aparantly people can attack a bm but if somebody defends one there just another a bmw driver with their head up their ass as you so nicely pointed out
    ........ I wouldnt bat an eye at any other cars as generally if its not a bm, audi, merc, volvo, vw or even lexus i generally see it as someone who doesn like cars. Once you drive a premium car no matter what it cost you or what age it is you cant really go back

;)

yes? premium car. i dont like flimsy interiors and bad handling. I never said that a bm was the best car on the road but it is in a group of very good cars. Just for instance a 3 series is better than a primera, an a class better than an auris, a touraeg is better than a sante fe

Comparing a 3 series to an auris is daft, since when is vw a premium brand with good handling across the range.

an a class better than an auris

VW is a premium brand. All of its cars arent great but they do have some really good ones: touraeg, phaeton, passat cc etc. Theyre good well made cars

I thought you had left the d out of and :pac: modern vag stuff is not great really, touregs are a pig of a thing.

i found the touraeg to be pretty good actually! Me dad has an 05 one not the greatest looking thing in the world but for a jeep it holds the road really well. interior is brilliant too. apart from the stupid little keyhole on the dash to turn the airbag off

Advertisement