Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a bike for me

Options
  • 26-02-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi
    I have no riding experience (on bikes) and know absouletly nothing about them and would like a few recommendations on a first bike. I was thinking along the lines of a Yamaha Virago 535 or Suzuki Intruder. I dont want to spend to mmuch maybe about €1500
    I am planning on getting lessons and was wondering how much the would cost in the Sligo area. Also should i go for an A or A1 licence?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Honda Bros- cheap to buy and run and bullet proof.

get an A licence if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭LoveDucati2

First recommendation.

(1) Get lots of lessons
    (2) Buy the best gear you can

The best route in is 125-250 for your 1st year, then low powered 400-600 after lots of riding.

3 years daily exp. before riding any high power machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

If your a first time driver and over the age of 18 go for an A license and dont look back.

When I started first, I was the type who changed bikes regularly because I seemed to have a flare for driving. Iv been threw almost everyone 125-750cc bike. Due to this experience I can tell you flat out the Honda Varadero beats all beginner bikes hands down, Its fast, powerful with a pillion on the back, reliable, great for long journeys (drove one from Kerry to Dublin without overheating) Corners well at speed, and cheap to run/insure. If your looking for a bike that`ll do you for more then 4 years with a bit more then what the varadero can offer, I'd suggest the Suzuki sv650 and get it restricted until you become experienced.

I could keep going on about different bikes that may or may not suit you, If you let me know what style your looking to drive and what for I could give you allot better advice.

Advertisement