Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S506 - Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken - Have Read the Books

• 18-05-2015 5:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭

I thought I recognised Mr. Eko

So Margaery's been arrested for a different reason that she was in the books

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Interesting episode, loved the barbed encounter between Cersei and Olenna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So thats what the bodies were for. Cant see it catching on in Hollywood. Would put too many in make-up out of a job. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Daith

Bowed, Bent, Broken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

yuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

A solid episode there, plenty of story line movement and a break from the Wall. The highlight for me was the relationship being developed between Jorah and Tyrion, they understand each other and have come to respect each other. Some real panic from Tyrion there as he nearly got sliced!

The Kings Landing scenes were excellent again, I enjoyed the two meetings with Cersei. Littlefinger is playing her like fiddle while Olenna is screaming at her about what an idiot she is being. It will all come crashing down soon enough. Tommens frustratingly timid for my liking, would have preferred if Cersei hushed him rather than him being so cowardly.

Bronn's is a treasure, singing, kicking ass, getting a few digs in against the most disappointing characters this season "The Sand Snakes". Terrible actresses, a sellsword and a fúckin one armed man hold them off. While Oberyns missus sends them out likes shes fúckin Napoleon. I don't expect much of a reception for them in the non-readers thread. However I found Tristane and Mycrella relationship quite sweet, something not often seen in the show. I think Doran recognizes that too.

Finally the part of the episode that (intentionally) leaves a nasty bitter taste in the mouth: Winterfell. At first we see Sansa get an upper hand on Myranda but with the washing away of her black dye we see the quelled Sansa we saw in previous seasons. The scene is tastefully done and Theon's horrified expression is enough for us to know what Ramsay is doing. It just breaks my heart seeing another Stark being abused. Surely we'll see some retribution this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm gutted for Sansa. I feel in the books that she's one of the main heroes, but for her to be defiled in such a way weakens the character - I hope she can come back from it stronger.

Great to see Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Adebisi from Oz/Mr. Eko from LOST) and Dublin lad Michael Yare as the Slavers.

I'm gutted for Sansa. I feel in the books that she's one of the main heroes, but for her to be defiled in such a way weakens the character - I hope she can come back from it stronger.

It could have been alot worse.

People said she was strong against Myranda but after Myranda left she was clearly rattled.

I wonder if the Godswood will come into play? Is there a heart tree/weirdwood there? Maybe Bran might make a cameo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Another week, another case of weak writing with a lot of the nonsensical plotlines coming to a head. This might be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Jaime and Bronn just ride into a place with the heads of the Martell family are all holed up. Then fight the Sand-Snakes in broad daylight. I mean just what? The only thing that redeemed it somewhat was that Bronn is still funny. Everything in that scene had a soap opera feel about it and it's hard to see how they can write themselves out of that one now with Jaime in captivity when clearly Doran would just sentence him to death for what he has done. I hope that it turns out Dorne's masterplan isn't just another Littlefinger masterplan i.e. long winded contrived bullshít.

Littlefinger then. Was his plan all along to screw over Sansa? More weak writing, certainly likely to go absolutely nowhere in the grand scheme of things and not sure it fits in with Sansa or Littlefinger's character to allow such a situation to happen. What was the point in building up Sansa's character last season for that to be the payoff?! It's like there's no long term thinking about plotlines and they meet at the start of each season and divvy up plots out of a hat for everyone who's not Tyrion, Jon and Dany who they have to have trucking in a certain direction.

Really not sure what way the show is going at all and it's definitely becoming more like a mature soap opera in general with no solid character arcs and just one random event happening after another.

The Dorne scenes are very disjointed. They don't even feel connected to the main show. The fight scene was poor and resembled a bad 80s ninja film.

Aero Hotah and Doran are fine though.

Dorne scenes have the same cheap feel of the Xena Warrior Princess series.

• Advertisement

Yes that's exactly it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That was a ****e episode, not loving this season so far apart from the scenes at the Wall! Still have faith that hopefully it can have a strong finish, I've no problem with the deviations from the book, everything just seems really disjointed, not much flow to the episodes!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Am i the only one who just couldn't give a rats arse about Arya's stroyline ? Where is it going, even bookwise ? For me, she's just become more or less irrelevant to the plotlines in Westeros. I'm expecting a major underwhelming payoff to her arc with the Faceless Men.

I reckon Bronn has been poisoned with that slice on his arm. There were cryptic clues in that song he was singing on the way to the Water Gardens. But the Dorne plotline is really disappointing for me this far. The sand snakes are actually just irritating. I hope Jaime and Bronn don't spend the entire season there, either get Myrcella and get on with it. Took four episodes just to get to the kip.

But the trial of the Tyrells and Sansa's predicament were well done. I can't wait to see Cersei's smug satisfaction get wiped from her face when her walk of shame is due. Olenna is the dog's bollox.

I'm just glad the writers didn't make Theon go down on Sansa. :(

The Sand Snakes are pretty **** in the books too. Don't know why everyone was making a fuss about them. Oberyn they ain't.

I wonder if the Arya story will introduce her warging? Pretty easy not to do it but they are going with the whole no one thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

If you take Oleanna Tyrell out of that episode I reckon it's probably the weakest one in a while. The writers are trying to pack far too much into each episode leaving them feel all over the place. The show is starting to suffer from only having 10 episodes per season but there's nothing that can be done about that. I'm losing interest in the show and so are my non reader friends, hopefully the last for episodes can salvage what has been a pretty poor season so far..

GerB40 wrote: »
    If you take Oleanna Tyrell out of that episode I reckon it's probably the weakest one in a while. The writers are trying to pack far too much into each episode leaving them feel all over the place. The show is starting to suffer from only having 10 episodes per season but there's nothing that can be done about that. I'm losing interest in the show and so are my non reader friends, hopefully the last for episodes can salvage what has been a pretty poor season so far..

Production runs from July to November/early December. Seasons don't premiere until the middle of April. Surely they have more than enough time to produce two to three more episodes and even get post-production done / finish it off before the tenth episode premieres in June ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Yes. The later books were not as good either imo. Daenerys thread is still interesting in the show at a stage I had been getting bored of it in the books.

E05 was good though.

Liam O wrote: »

Littlefinger then. Was his plan all along to screw over Sansa? More weak writing, certainly likely to go absolutely nowhere in the grand scheme of things and not sure it fits in with Sansa or Littlefinger's character to allow such a situation to happen. What was the point in building up Sansa's character last season for that to be the payoff?! It's like there's no long term thinking about plotlines and they meet at the start of each season and divvy up plots out of a hat for everyone who's not Tyrion, Jon and Dany who they have to have trucking in a certain direction.

It's been stated already by the man himself that he thrives on Chaos. His plan is to keep the realm at war and keep slowly moving up his ladder. He's playing all sides of the Realm.

He has handed Bolton Sansa, the key to North, should Bolton hold Winterfell from Stannis, nothing changes and LF still has Roose's favour. But Bolton would be deeply weakened by Stannis. An untouched, unblooded Eeyrie army from the south could decimate the North and give LF the North if he wanted but he'd much prefer to manipulate Cersei to lead her troops North and if the Lions win, he'd still be made Warden North. If the Lannister army fails, LF and Bolton & the Freys could take the East making LF Warden of the East.

Cersei thinks him to be a loyal Lord also by feeding her information and false promises. Pushing the Lannister army past the neck is potential suicide for them and LF knows it, Cersei doesn't. He also has the vital information on the real culprit for Joffreys death to destroy the Tyrell Lannister alliance but i think he knows that that is happening already.

If Stannis ousts Bolton, Sansa will vouce for Littlefinger as her saviour and friend. Sansa is key to LF alliance to Stannis. All he'd need for in exchange for an alliance would be Sansa's hand in marriage again making him Warden of the North.

Littlefinger is perfectly poised to be in a good position should any of the kingdoms go to war. All he has to do is sit back and wait for a victor and either form an alliance or finish them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Was anyone else expecting Theon to rescue Sansa and maybe stab Ramsay at the end of that. I was egging him on. Really disappointed with how Sansa dealt with that, we had her getting all these pep talks with LF about lying and manipulation and her talk with Myranda I really hoping she was going to come into her against Ramsay.

I can't wait for the Tyrells to turn the High Sparrow on Cersei, that is going to be so satisfying.

Have to agree that this is the weakest season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I also liked the confirmation that Arya didn't kill The Hound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Dublin lad Michael Yare as the Slavers.

Thank you, I couldn't put my finger on why I recognised him. I played schoolboy football with Yare back in the day. Sound lad.

Anyway, I didn't hate that episode. I do have a query about Margaery's trial coming up. The claims against her were completely fabricated in the book. She's properly guilty of the crime she accused of in the show. T'will be interesting to see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

This. A million times this.

The Arianne/Arys/Myrcella/Darkstar angle is one of the best in the whole series to date. What the show has given us in place of it is very poor in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It's been stated already by the man himself that he thrives on Chaos. His plan is to keep the realm at war and keep slowly moving up his ladder. He's playing all sides of the Realm.

He has handed Bolton Sansa, the key to North, should Bolton hold Winterfell from Stannis, nothing changes and LF still has Roose's favour. But Bolton would be deeply weakened by Stannis. An untouched, unblooded Eeyrie army from the south could decimate the North and give LF the North if he wanted but he'd much prefer to manipulate Cersei to lead her troops North and if the Lions win, he'd still be made Warden North. If the Lannister army fails, LF and Bolton & the Freys could take the East making LF Warden of the East.

Cersei thinks him to be a loyal Lord also by feeding her information and false promises. Pushing the Lannister army past the neck is potential suicide for them and LF knows it, Cersei doesn't. He also has the vital information on the real culprit for Joffreys death to destroy the Tyrell Lannister alliance but i think he knows that that is happening already.

If Stannis ousts Bolton, Sansa will vouce for Littlefinger as her saviour and friend. Sansa is key to LF alliance to Stannis. All he'd need for in exchange for an alliance would be Sansa's hand in marriage again making him Warden of the North.

Littlefinger is perfectly poised to be in a good position should any of the kingdoms go to war. All he has to do is sit back and wait for a victor and either form an alliance or finish them off.
    He could have done that without throwing Sansa to the dogs though and probably will now in the books. Stannis will be seiging Winterfell with a weakened force and Bolton will be weak too even if he wins the battle of ice. It destroys Sansa's arc and all good characters in this universe have had a consistent enough arc. Right now all of Sansa's last season is pointless and stinks of bad planning.

Without the Lannisters onside the Boltons have nothing with the North against them and Littlefinger would see no need to give up his ace in Sansa to get them onside and could have just fed false intel to Cersei if he's going to turn her against the North and take it himself which seems to be the case.

Edit: I didn't deal with the Stannis thing. Sansa is the rightful heir to Winterfell as far as anyone knows. That would be enough for Stannis to put her there and he's jeopardised that by having her marry the family who killed her family. Another wrong. Stannis is purely about right and wrong and knows what Littlefinger is about. He's not for turning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I'm. Done.

Totally ****ed up way to get Theon Motivated to free Sansa.

That's ****ed. Too far I think

Liam O wrote: »
    He could have done that without throwing Sansa to the dogs though and probably will now in the books. Stannis will be seiging Winterfell with a weakened force and Bolton will be weak too even if he wins the battle of ice. It destroys Sansa's arc and all good characters in this universe have had a consistent enough arc. Right now all of Sansa's last season is pointless and stinks of bad planning.

Without the Lannisters onside the Boltons have nothing with the North against them and Littlefinger would see no need to give up his ace in Sansa to get them onside and could have just fed false intel to Cersei if he's going to turn her against the North and take it himself which seems to be the case.

Edit: I didn't deal with the Stannis thing. Sansa is the rightful heir to Winterfell as far as anyone knows. That would be enough for Stannis to put her there and he's jeopardised that by having her marry the family who killed her family. Another wrong. Stannis is purely about right and wrong and knows what Littlefinger is about. He's not for turning.

I am getting the impression you think Littlefinger may have an emotional attachment to Sansa. I don't think so, I believe he sees her as an important piece for him to play with and a good bargaining chip. He knows the Boltons are cruel but not stupid, he knows she'll be mistreated but also knows they aren't dumb enough to kill the only Stark left.

A consistent arc? This is Westoros, all characters are faced with setbacks. You could tell at her wedding she knew what horror happens afterwards. She developed her ability to manipulate in season 3 but she's now surrounded by enemies and has to play carefully. She knows how to get to Ramsay (Roose's Wife), she already got to Myranda and she knows she has the support of the smallfolk. There's another character with an incomplete arc and that is Theon/Reek, she maybe able to offer him redemption. There's still a lot that can happen at Winterfell and we are only 60% of the way through the season. I doubt Lady Sansa will spend the next 4 episodes lying on her back.

Stannis may dispise Littlefinger but an alliance with the Eeyrie would mean a good launch point for his ships and avoiding the Twins and the Riverlands. He accepted oaths of alliegances from Renly loyalists and was prepared to align with Mance, I'd imagine common sense would prevail.

As Littlefinger said himself "The last time the lords of North and Eerie joined forces they brought down the greatest dynasty ever know"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

On the landing beach Bron said, "that would have been a $hit way to die", when he killed the snake before it could bite and poison Jaime.

He has now, most probably, been poisoned by the Sand Snake.

The good news is that killing off all these characters creates more space to explore the fascinating love story that is blossoming between Missandei and the guy who has already met a cock merchant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Pretty disgusted at that ending, I can only hope Sansa remains "unbroken" as the title says.

I'm not confident though, as even though Sansa swept aside Myranda, she very much had the look of someone there with Ramsey who knew she was in trouble.

FFS like, can we not be given a ****ing break for once with this show?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Daith wrote: »
    I wonder if the Arya story will introduce her warging? Pretty easy not to do it but they are going with the whole no one thing.

I doubt it.. they seem to have dropped the direwolves completely. Plus hadn't she already been blinded by this point? So I guess they're not doing that part of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Maybe this has been discussed before but in the books it makes perfect sense that Bolton, with the Lanisters' knowledge, would marry a fake stark to legitimise his claim to the north but in the show marrying the actual Sansa Stark would put the Boltons in big trouble with the folks in Kings Landing. Or has Littlefinger made them think it's authorised? Am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 hstlefay

I cant understand why they thought it'd be a good idea to reverse Sansa's storyline after all the build up and progress she's made. Why bother letting her escape Joff/Kings Landing only to have this happen to her anyway? How did the rape really further the plot? We already hated Ramsey! Suppose it was too much to hope for Stannis to get there in time :( Alfie and Sophie were perfect this week though.

Also: I keep forgetting there even is the Dornish plot and the Sand Snakes are embarassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Terrible episode. A whole load of meh.

Looking forward to Jorah getting a scrap in at some point anyway (assuming they won't **** it up!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

I have to say that I usually don't post on these threads, but I was completely pissed off with that Sansa scene. Don't see how it was necessary and I would have thought HBO would have learned from last year's mess up with Cersei. It seemed unnecessary and a purely a way to generate outrage and seperate their series from the books. I put the Cersei episode last year down to really messing up the tone of the scene, but obviously that was not the case. I would agree with earlier posters that it really was one of the weaker episodes of the show so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

The obvious signposting is starting to bother me. Bronn talks about how it'd be a horrible way to go, poisoned by a sand snake. Cue a lingering shot of his arm cut in a fight with a sand snake.

How obvious was it that they were going to wheel out Loras Tyrells blonde lover?

I enjoyed how Aryas scenes looked, very atmospheric, but kind of boring. Felt the same when I read it tbh.

Sansas rape wasn't actually as depraved as I thought it was going to be. I don't really understand how it's furthering the story though.

Someone mentioned that it's become a bit random, I agree. It's kind of random scenes of people we know with no real reason for them to do the things they are doing.

I fear they are going to dreadfully underutilise Doran Martell too.

Only the Wall still feels true to the books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

It was quite bizarre just how poor the whole Dornish scene was, but when you remove that part of the story I really don't think it was that bad of an episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

"Oh for fuuck sake" - Well said Bronn, well said :pac:

That last scene was so f*cking messed up, if something similar doesn't happen to Sansa come The Winds of Winter then what the hell are Dan and David playing at. Small mercies they didn't show anything or involve Theon that way. Although by that token I'd been enjoying Ramsey since we first met him until this episode.

Bronn was generally hilarious. The Sandsnakes are dire but hopefully we'll get to see Doran sort them out. If they kill Bronn because of that little scratch then I don't know. The scene with Myrcella and Tristane was nice and pleasant, something you don't get to say too often :pac:

A clever way to get Tyrion and Jorah to Meereen without involving all the little sideshows.

Will we get to see Cat of the Canals next week I wonder?

I'm still enjoying this season when I can supress my inner book reader, it's nearly easier than any other season to do that as we don't really know how certain plotlines pan out.

No Missandworm this episode :) I'm thankful for small mercies.

I'm getting the impression something big is brewing that even us as book readers haven't got a clue about, no idea what it is though :pac:

• Advertisement

As much as I hate the abuse of the Stark family and Sansa in particular, we must remember she did replace Jeyne Poole in the show. I'm just wondering if the show kept true to Jeyne Poole , would everyone be angry over the rape scene we saw today with her taking Sansa's place ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,399 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I also liked the confirmation that Arya didn't kill The Hound.

There was no ambiguity there to begin with sure? She was clearly shown not killing him last season.
    As much as I hate the abuse of the Stark family and Sansa in particular, we must remember she did replace Jeyne Poole in the show. I'm just wondering if the show kept true to Jeyne Poole , would everyone be angry over the rape scene we saw today with her taking Sansa's place ?

No it wouldn't have been an issue then but only because Jeyne Poole is a nothing character, Sansa being raped by Ramsey feels like a bit of a step backwards for her character is the issue most people have with it I think.

Pretty weak episode bar one or two scenes as most have said. The part with the sand snakes had to be one of the most poorly staged and clunky scenes in the entire show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I suppose everyone was wondering would they directly replace Jeyne Poole with Sansa and it seems they have. I suppose Sansa has been married twice times now so surely at some stage she was going to lose her virginity.

There wasn't much Sansa could do in that situation so there was no point in her trying. She just let him get on with it and seems to be a bit smarter and maybe biding her time in this situation. She will get her own back I believe. She has known since LF told her she would be marrying him that she was probably going to have to have sex with him.

I reckon Theon telling her the truth about Rickon and Bran will happen pretty soon. Had thought Theon was going to kill Ramsay or when Sansa put her hand to sleeve I thought she was about to pull a knife and do it herself.

Ya Dorne is terrible and i did enjoy it in the books. Mainly because we see Dorans over all plan. That doesn't seem to be happening in the TV show so that has made all this pretty pointless so far.

Think I prefer the way the high sparrow/cersei/Margarey played out so far in the books.

Tommen has no male authority figure to guide him through and is still only supposed to be very young so can understand him being so tame.

I thought Ayra was getting slapped because she said she killed the hound and she "hated" him and the faceless man was hitting her because the "hate" part had become a lie but maybe I was just reading into it too much.

The next 4 episodes need to really ramp it up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

It was brutal tonight. Last season finished with 3 big episodes. I don't think this one can match last season. There's a woefully load of farting around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Jofspring wrote: »
    Bronn said two really interesting things in tonight's episode.

1. "This song's all about the ending"

When Jaime interrupted him singing The Dornishman's Wife. Maybe a reference to this season and big events involving Stannis, Jon Snow and Daenerys especially in the final few episodes.

2. "Oh for fcuk's sake"

When the Sand Snakes were introduced

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Terrible episode in all regards. As Olena QoT would say "you can smell it five miles away".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Thought that was finally Brown Ben Plumm that captured Mormont and Tyrion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I suppose everyone was wondering would they directly replace Jeyne Poole with Sansa and it seems they have. I suppose Sansa has been married twice times now so surely at some stage she was going to lose her virginity.

There wasn't much Sansa could do in that situation so there was no point in her trying. She just let him get on with it and seems to be a bit smarter and maybe biding her time in this situation. She will get her own back I believe. She has known since LF told her she would be marrying him that she was probably going to have to have sex with him.

I reckon Theon telling her the truth about Rickon and Bran will happen pretty soon. Had thought Theon was going to kill Ramsay or when Sansa put her hand to sleeve I thought she was about to pull a knife and do it herself.

Ya Dorne is terrible and i did enjoy it in the books. Mainly because we see Dorans over all plan. That doesn't seem to be happening in the TV show so that has made all this pretty pointless so far.

Think I prefer the way the high sparrow/cersei/Margarey played out so far in the books.

Tommen has no male authority figure to guide him through and is still only supposed to be very young so can understand him being so tame.

I thought Ayra was getting slapped because she said she killed the hound and she "hated" him and the faceless man was hitting her because the "hate" part had become a lie but maybe I was just reading into it too much.

Only problem is that Sansa didn't know a thing about Ramsey and just how evil she is. She found herself in over her head, again, when her character development at the end of last season suggested she was done being a pawn.

Yet here she is in this horrible house of horrors having been played by LF. I think it's incredibly frustrating to watch which will only be saved by an incredible pay off for Sansa's character.

Such pay offs are rare in this show though, particularly when it comes to the Starks. Even when D&D deviate from the books it's a Stark that gets literally fcuked over. That's what I find so particularly frustrating.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Only problem is that Sansa didn't know a thing about Ramsey and just how evil she is. She found herself in over her head, again, when her character development at the end of last season suggested she was done being a pawn.

She's still learning though. Watch the scene with Myranda. She shows steel but after Myranda leaves you can tell she is rattled.

She was getting slapped because she was insisting that she hated the Hound and that was a lie. Lying to herself even.

She didnt hate the Hound, much as she wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I find it easy to separate the books vs the series so alot of changes don't bother me. I'm also of the opinion that this latest act of cruelty to Sansa may actually make rather than break her ... "Unbroken". There's going to be alot of retribution coming to Winterfell, the candle in the window at the top of the tower is getting lit.

Sand snakes again were awful, GRMM in the books really sold them to me so that's my greatest gripe, they're all bland (looking and acting).

Waiting for the High Sparrow to turn on Cersei, it's going to be a great run-in to close the series.

How did Tyrion know about Lord Commander Mormont?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

They built up the Dorne stuff a lot during the year, and I was disappointed that they were including the Sand Snakes and leaving out the Greyjoys.

Bloody hell the Sand Snakes have turned out to be lame, they were crap in the books, but they are a joke in the show. Like 3 random girls picked off the street and dressed in armour, and told here, fight those guys (Bronn & Jamie didn't look too convincing now either), the Sand Sankes look completely inept. :rolleyes:

Still enjoying the show, but the Dorne scenes could not be worse.

Just walk into the Water Gardens, really!

Was fully expecting Bronn to get killed by Aero Hotah.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

razorblunt wrote: »
    I find it easy to separate the books vs the series so alot of changes don't bother me. I'm also of the opinion that this latest act of cruelty to Sansa may actually make rather than break her ... "Unbroken". There's going to be alot of retribution coming to Winterfell, the candle in the window at the top of the tower is getting lit.
    I'd agree with this; the rape was simply a set up for the revenge she'll take on him. If she'll feed him to the dogs, cut of his prick or what ever it will be but I'm quite certain she'll get her revenge for it all and it will be a dish served very cold (Winter is coming); I guess in many ways it basically becomes a merge of Sansha and the Lady Stoneheart arc in a sense (i.e. she'll go from innocent girl to full blown kill everyone kind of personality).
    Sand snakes again were awful, GRMM in the books really sold them to me so that's my greatest gripe, they're all bland (looking and acting).
    They have been a laughing stock through out the whole thing; I'd have preferred to have that arc cut as much as it pains me to say because those girls can't fight or act (or simply not given enough guidance).
    Waiting for the High Sparrow to turn on Cersei, it's going to be a great run-in to close the series.
    Only question for me is if they'll end the series with her walking back naked or not to the castle and if / whom will be the people she's accused to have had sex with outside of marriage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not as good as previous episodes, probably the worst since last season's finale.

Really didn't like the Dorne scenes this week. Everything was just too simple, Jaime and Bronn just waltz into the water gardens in a couple of scenes and the less said about their fight with the sandsnakes the better.

Also wasn't expecting the wedding so soon. I thought/hoped the horns would sound during it in a GOT take of 'speak now or forever hold your peace'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement