Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My hangover experiment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

A good feed before bed, maybe pop a couple of paracetemol if i remember and sex the next morning = no hangover. Sorted :)

Sometimes Im happy bout the fact that I work weekends: getting up and about makes me feel so much better after a session than sitting around feeling sorry for myself and it also means I get paid for my hangovers. Win~!

Nice research Op, though I think having a good dance on the night definately helps me feel better the next day aswell, id be in bits if i just sat around drinking all night! Shots, dancefloor, shots, dancefloor and repeat as desired, then see above! Ultimate guide to no hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Actually most hangover headaches are due to dehydration, your brain is 75% water and very susceptible to lack of hydration. Try drinking a pint or two of water before retiring and another one when you wake up, it will do a world of good.

My personal hangover cure is a litre or two of Coconut Water, it not only hydrates you but replaces all the electrolytes you piss out during your drinking session (calcium, sodium, magnesium and potassium). Try it.

Another cure which will be much less popular is exercise. Sweats the alcohol out and gets your metabolism going. Yeah, I knew it wouldn't be popular.

My main problem is that my sinuses get congested really easily so if I'm on a night out and smoke too much or spend too much time in the smoking area then I'm going to have a killer headache/migrane the next day - I always drink plenty of water before I retire to the comfort of my bed - I know alot of the aul tricks at this stage don't worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Jaysus lads, I wish I'd read this thread yesterday. It would have helped me out big time this morning. Feck anyway. Some good tips in there for next time though.

Yours,

Brian Cowen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

LOL, it appears Ads by Google on this thread recommends drink driving!

Example:
    West Coast Cooler
    Whether it's a night in or out with the Girls, say Hello to the Night!
    WestCoastCooler.ie

Car Insurance from Aviva
    Save 10% on Car Insurance when You Buy Online & Get Instant Cover!
    Aviva.ie/Car_Insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Thrill wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, I wish I'd read this thread yesterday. It would have helped me out big time this morning. Feck anyway. Some good tips in there for next time though.

Yours,

Brian Cowen.
    I had a serious hangover yesterday. Nothing was going to stop this one I think.

(except more drink, which did help tbh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Something I also wonder about... I never got hangovers as a teenager. Never ever.

I was a savage fit teenager. Maybe fitness level a factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Something I also wonder about... I never got hangovers as a teenager. Never ever.

I was a savage fit teenager. Maybe fitness level a factor?

Nah I remember never getting hangovers until I was about 18 but I was fairly fit up until I was around 20 - slipped back abit now in terms of stamina and general fitness but still fairly athletic.

I think it's down to the fact that when younger, you don't actually consume as much as you do now! That and you have energy...god I remember those days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭travelguru

A glass of water after every two drinks really helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Smoking during the night when you're drinking makes a hangover ten times worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Sitec wrote: »
    Smoking during the night when you're drinking makes a hangover ten times worse.

Mmmyep. Especially if you're one of "them". You know.

"Ah I don't usually smoke, but I'll have one when I'm drinking."

I used to do it meself, thank f*ck I stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I experimented with the "sleep on the ground" tactic last weekend. So I loaded up on booze (4 Mohitos, 10 Guinness) so I should have been very shaky the next day. I forced myself to sleep in a chair (kitchen chair) for about 4 hours (woke up feeling sober) and then climbed into my bed for another 5 hours sleep.

Woke up feeling fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Orange Callipo ice-lollies always seem to cure my hangover. Not sure why, maybe the vitamin C that is in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Wake up: Pint of water.
    4 more pints of water over the next 2 hours. Then a light breakfast of toast and maybe a poached egg.

Fries do not work. They only make your stomach churn.

If you want to eat crap, then go to McDonald's. Greasy, but not as greasy as a fry.

Trust me on this one. I'm an alcoholic who doesn't drink before 6pm*.

*Code for I start drinking at 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Result 3: Stick to drinks like vodka and rum. This ties in nicely with (2) above.

Dont know about that OP. Nothing as bad as spirits IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

My cure for a hangover was always more drink. I wouldn't recommend it though because eventually you will have the hangover of all hangovers, trying to get sober.