Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My hangover experiment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Drink the good stuff, as in spirits. Wine can give a killer hangover, beer and cider just as bad, but nothing worse than too much gin.
    Water is good before bed and all the next day. Food before you hit the sack too.
    A shower in the morning clears the head some. Orange juice and a light feed, whatever you like. A joint if you've got nothing to do. Red Bull can help also.
    To be honest the best thing for dealing for a hangover is if you have things to do. It's a distraction from the suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

The next day, I find some water, a ****, a spliff and a can will kill any hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Drink a berocca or in my case - the cheap aldi alternative before bed to rehydrate, same thing in the morning if you can stomach it, I find eggs always help a hangover too oddly so if possible a bita scramble to start the day, then it's a case of the three golden steps to ridding yourself of any hangover - SSW

Shít

Shower

**** - preferrably sex but when you've a head on you like Kerry Katona trusty aul righty'll do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Yes,my hangover cure consists of coffee,cigarettes,copious masturbation and 4chan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Smyth wrote: »
    I read the whole thing OP (srs)

not srs

The guy puts in a lot of effort to share his finding, which I personally find interesting, and your contribution is that lame attempt at humour.

Go away. And take your stupid Superman avatar with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Slightly weird one which I didn't add... I can't get a hangover from Fosters. My only conclusion is because I've been drinking it since I was 12 so I have some sort of immunity to it now.

PS Bring back Fosters Ice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

9. Caffeine

I have no explanation for this one, but I've found a coffee greatly helps cure a hangover headache. I know coffee dehydrates you, but it really helps me.

Result 9: Drink a coffee the next morning.

Ah yes. Caffeine is a pain killer in its own right.

Ah yes. Caffeine is a pain killer in its own right.

I read somewhere years ago - and apologies if this isn't actually true, that headaches are caused by either brain waves being too fast or too slow - more often than not after drink they're too slow so caffine speeds up the aul brainwaves and relieves the thunderous pain you feel is going to kill you.

Either way, I've always maintained from this that you've more than a 50/50 chance of sorting out your head with a coffee

PaulieC wrote: »
    I read somewhere years ago - and apologies if this isn't actually true, that headaches are caused by either brain waves being too fast or too slow - more often than not after drink they're too slow so caffine speeds up the aul brainwaves and relieves the thunderous pain you feel is going to kill you.

Paulie thats well up there with the Earth being flat in terms of things that don't make sense!

Paulie thats well up there with the Earth being flat in terms of things that don't make sense!

To be fair I gave it a disclaimer!! :)

Have you ever had a cup of coffee that's made your hangover worse? because I have, just the once - going by that brilliant logic, my original point makes perfect sense :D

And the world is flat...dumbass!! :pac:

• Advertisement

And the world is flat...dumbass!! :pac:
    I know - and we're all riding on the back of a giant turtle too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I know - and we're all riding on the back of a giant turtle too!

Golden Axe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Golden Axe?

Terry Pratchett I think!
    Possibly some ancient religion - who knows ?

Terry Pratchett I think!
    Possibly some ancient religion - who knows ?

It's Pratchett

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Drink pints of water before you head out, you won't feel a thing the next day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 rooney111

eat a heap of spuds before you go drinking.stay away from shots,eat after with bottle of water.dunno how a **** would help ha.fry in the morning does the trick with a few panadols.also if i stop drinking for 2hours before bed i wake up without a hangover.not always possible do!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

10. Drinking a full bottle of white wine followed by two bottles of red makes you fall on the sitting room floor and puke sideways. But at least the hangover is not as bad as the nagging you get the following morning from the wife.

Lesson learned: Don't get married

I wouldn't know of course.

rooney111 wrote: »
    .dunno how a **** would help ha.!:D

**** solves everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

kraggy wrote: »
    The guy puts in a lot of effort to share his finding, which I personally find interesting, and your contribution is that lame attempt at humour.

Go away. And take your stupid Superman avatar with you.

u mad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Actually most hangover headaches are due to dehydration, your brain is 75% water and very susceptible to lack of hydration. Try drinking a pint or two of water before retiring and another one when you wake up, it will do a world of good.

My personal hangover cure is a litre or two of Coconut Water, it not only hydrates you but replaces all the electrolytes you piss out during your drinking session (calcium, sodium, magnesium and potassium). Try it.

Another cure which will be much less popular is exercise. Sweats the alcohol out and gets your metabolism going. Yeah, I knew it wouldn't be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I am 26 and thankfully have only had two real hangovers in my life so far.

I usually spend €100 to €130 on alcohol alone on a night out and would have about 6 or 7 completely different drinks including various shots of tequila, sambuca, jager etc...

I think I might be a machine... dry mouth is usually the only bad side affect to a binge for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

rooney111 wrote: »
    eat a heap of spuds before you go drinking.stay away from shots,eat after with bottle of water.dunno how a **** would help ha.fry in the morning does the trick with a few panadols.also if i stop drinking for 2hours before bed i wake up without a hangover.not always possible do!!:D

You should probably try to avoid paracetamol based products, they'll just put more strain on your liver which is probably slightly fecked already after a night of drinking

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Uriel. wrote: »
    I think I might be a machine... dry mouth is usually the only bad side affect to a binge for me..

And liver damage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Maybe for the caffeine substitute Monster. It really does the trick! Got me out of a few sticky situations where I just wanted to crawl back to my comfy bed and sleep for a decade. I don't do hangovers well.

Although Erdinger Dunkel. Beautiful beer and hardly any hangover........s'true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

Water, works for me everytime, i try to drink as much as I can (literally til i feel am guna die if I have more!) after a serious binge...

Then all I have to worry about is the horrors!!! I get some serious bouts of seeing people screamin at me at the foot of the bed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

fearbainne wrote: »
    Then all I have to worry about is the horrors!!! I get some serious bouts of seeing people screamin at me at the foot of the bed!!

:eek: Can't say that's ever happened to me!

I find there's no logic at all to whether I get a hangover or not. Can drink loads and be fine one time and the next time have a few and feel crap the next day. I defnitely know to avoid drinking wine all night though, worst type of hangover ever

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Lots of sex is the only cure, or at least it takes your mind off the aches.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

Smyth wrote: »
    u mad?

YOU u lost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I like it OP, nice one.

"u" guys - no text speak.

Advertisement