Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's a shame - book readers in wrong thread

• 25-05-2015 5:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Just watched the latest GOT episode and knew what was going to happen in every scene before it did. I've never read the books.

Can't go on this again by the looks of it which is a shame.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

You do know by saying this you are essentially spoiling tonight episode for a lot of people who have read the theories on that thread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I do not get why people would pretend to not know what is coming, but post their "predictions"...

Its pretty sad.

Now that said, as a book reader myself, the more the show veers away from the source material, the more predictable the show is getting. When it was mostly following the book storylines, unless you had read them, sure anything could happen.

That is not so much the case now, its a lot easier predict what may happen now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭jones

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I do not get why people would pretend to not know what is coming, but post their "predictions"...

Its pretty sad.

Now that said, as a book reader myself, the more the show veers away from the source material, the more predictable the show is getting. When it was mostly following the book storylines, unless you had read them, sure anything could happen.

That is not so much the case now, its a lot easier predict what may happen now.

Totally agree, i'm also a book reader and i can understand the need to make some of the changes just for casting and general tv purposes but this season definitely seems to of dipped in quality compared to previous ones. Is it a coincidence that its the season that's taken the biggest departures from the books?
    I'll wait until i've seen all 10 to make a full opinion.

There's definintely a lot of "educated guessing" going on with people claiming to know nothing but guessing everything

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

90% of what happened in this episode wasn't covered in the books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I havent seen tonights yet but enjoyed the changes for the most part. No Strong Belwas though. I think too many characters disappear in the book which wouldnt work for TV.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,401 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tbh, I just think the series is more predictable than people like to admit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mickeroo wrote: »

The TV series or the Book?

The TV series has become predictable now, the book not so much...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,401 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    The TV series or the Book?

The TV series has become predictable now, the book not so much...

Show more than book for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I think the main problem with this season is that the "good guys" we usually root for (Tyrion, Arya, Brienne for example) just seem to be stuck in limbo with not much to do.

I also think it has a tough time following season 4 which was pretty much action packed from the get go and throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,353 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Mickeroo wrote: »

This. The way it works is a few mentions of something/somewhere/someone for a few episodes and then it shows up. Case in point, greyscale this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Hyzepher wrote: »
    90% of what happened in this episode wasn't covered in the books

Exactly.

Advertisement