Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sneaky study places?

Options
  • 02-12-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Any decent places to study that one can think of other than the library?I seen the queue for the library at 8 and was flabbergasted.Can you book the group meeting rooms for the day?Anything with a reasonable wifi connection and preferably a desk.The use of a public forum to find this will probably ensure that it won't be too private for too long but sure anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

ted9308 wrote: »
    Any decent places to study that one can think of other than the library?I seen the queue for the library at 8 and was flabbergasted.Can you book the group meeting rooms for the day?Anything with a reasonable wifi connection and preferably a desk.The use of a public forum to find this will probably ensure that it won't be too private for too long but sure anyway

I'm not sure if they're free or not, but the tutorial rooms in Kemmy (KBG13 etc. )have plugs and stuff. I was in there at 5:50 yesterday for a tutorial that was on at 6 and there were a few lads studying in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Schuman....S119 and S204 I think is the other computer lab upstairs. Both have plugs, wifi and PC's and are empty. I'm in S204 now and there's 25 or so desks free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

If you want quiet/private, then at home is usually your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I found towards end of last year that computer labs in Kemmy (K1-something) always had a few empty computers and a printer which is handy. Usually prety quiet as well and a cafe downstairs (all be it the most expensive one in the world) but they do a decent coffee and in fairness the deals aren't bad if you're going for value but the coffee place is just extortionate. Java Cafe I think it's called. Good coffee but almost double the prices of elsewhere.
    Back to study though, computer lab in Kemmy, up stairs and turn left I think but don't hold me to that.. Awful with directions, think it's left though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tommullane

Computer lab in the health science building is a gem of a place to study. Usually not that busy as people tend not to venture over the living bridge and is relatively quiet with comfy chairs to make it all the more appealing

• Advertisement
Advertisement