Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are you from in Leitrim?

• 13-04-2008 10:35am

Let see which town/village has the most boardsies.I'll start off.I am from Leitrim village.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Let see which town/village has the most boardsies.I'll start off.I am from Leitrim village.

my commiseration's, I came from Drumkeerin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

Carrick no Shannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭coxy14

Mohill, Please don't judge!

coxy14 wrote: »
    Mohill, Please don't judge!

Could be worse,could be from Leitrim side of Arigna!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭chasm

The big city of Carrick!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

Whats wrong with Mohill
    Always a deadly place for the craic
    Nitelinks ,Carrolls,Caseys and a good scrap outside of the chipper after
    And theres the Mart for overnight accommodation at a very reasonable rate if all else fails
    Thanks Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Berlin_100642

Dromahair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Ballinamore

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Kinlough.

A big change getting used to village life after years of living in or close to big towns and citys over the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Aughavas.......and proud of it ......Living in Galway...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 maggie797

drumreilly...would class ballinamore as the town I am from

• Registered Users Posts: 34 collei

mohill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thecoolfreak

Not from Leitrim myself but my mother is from Drumreilly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Ballinamore...The best :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 AV - TEC

Ballinamore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

Both my parents are from Kiltubrid and even though I didn't grow up there, I sorta did. Spent every weekend from Friday evening to Sunday night there until I was about 15. And two or three weeks every summer. We had a farm there so had to fit in all the work in our spare time. Since we stopped farming I only go up of a Sunday and other random days here and there, but I see it as home as much as Sligo. Maybe more so in a way.
    Rarely get out on a session since I "grew up" (belatedly), but I occassionally get to Drumshanbo or Ballinamore for a few drinks. Even though I was pretty hammered leaving Cardiff's a few weeks back:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 neeneenee

i grew up in kiltubrid till I was eleven then moved to carrick with my family, then when i left for college my folks moved to leitrim village, then they moved to carrick again and now they are back in kiltubrid! i came back after finishing college and live in Carrick!!!!!!!! Its very confusing I never know where to say i'm from!! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Manorhamilton ftw :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Quackles wrote: »
    Manorhamilton ftw :pac:

Ha,ha! We're just down the road in Dromahair! So, ehm, you didn't opt for the ante natal care in Manorhamilton then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Ha,ha! We're just down the road in Dromahair! So, ehm, you didn't opt for the ante natal care in Manorhamilton then?

I'm working in Sligo, and I want the midwife clinic :) It's not that I don't LOVE Manorhamilton ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,308 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ladies, the topic is "Where are you from in Leitrim"

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kelly7589

From England but I live in Ballinamore :)

Kelly7589 wrote: »
    From England but I live in Ballinamore :)
    Welcome to the forum and to boars.ie.

Enjoy and if you ever have any queries just bang off a PM to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

Aughnasheelin - Intermediate Champions! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 marcosgraveyard

Manorhamilton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pat-the-baker22

FENAGH:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maltesersgirl23

Coillte Clochair, the big Shmoke!!:p

Coillte Clochair, the big Shmoke!!:p

Ah. They finally burned it to the ground. Wondered when they'd get around to it.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Kinlough.

A big change getting used to village life after years of living in or close to big towns and citys over the last few years.
    have cousins from there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan 10

big_show wrote: »
    Aughnasheelin - Intermediate Champions! :D

Hi, I'm from Aughnasheelin and seing it is such a small place it is great to have at least two people from here on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Stan 10 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm from Aughnasheelin and seing it is such a small place it is great to have at least two people from here on Boards.

Come on the Neddies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

from a place called Effernagh - find that on your map! :D live in north dublin now though but still go down every few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mickjoe

Though I am not from Mohill, I spent lots of time there during the summer holidays, my late mother was from Lisdadnan, Mohill. I still have a load of cousins living there. I am living in england.

mickjoe wrote: »
    Though I am not from Mohill, I spent lots of time there during the summer holidays, my late mother was from Lisdadnan, Mohill. I still have a load of cousins living there. I am living in england.
    Good to see another ex pat Leitrimer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

originally from Manchester, now living in Gorvagh. lovely place. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Am Dublin born but my Dad's from Annaghearly . . . just down the road from where tregan is from. In the shadow (sorta) of Sheemore the fairy hill.

God bless Bridie Mc and the Swan Lake Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

From Butler's Marina most weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

am from a place in between kesh, effernagh, and kilnagross in the parish of kiltubrid, im sorry i ever left home but lucky enough im heading back there when my house is finished to live,,,,,,,,,,,,,the smell of turf,slurry,and silage mixed togethar cant be bet by any other county

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

From Aughavas, the birthplace of the "Lovely Leitrim" writer Phil Fitz...
    Now living in NW Donegal.

i was in pull in ass last summer for the first time in about 20 odd years ,looks a bit smaller than i remember,but o god the warm water on the top pond was great:) ,any one know whos responsible for the barb wire in the bottom of the pond:eek:

• Advertisement

"pull in ass", I guess thats directed my way!!! What or where are you on about with the "top pond"?

i was in pull in ass last summer for the first time in about 20 odd years ,looks a bit smaller than i remember,but o god the warm water on the top pond was great:) ,any one know whos responsible for the barb wire in the bottom of the pond:eek:

I'm sure some of the bank futher up the mountain got washed in with some fencing. Yes, that's it, the river bank. Nobody would question such a likely story. Muhahahahaha..........I mean, um, eh, .........(sound of running, door slams).:D
    p.s. I think it's "Pol an Ease" or something like that. I remember being disappointed years ago finding out it wasn't spelt the way it was pronounced.

well cull a cnoic ,no that post wasnt any way insulting to aughavas, because i have land there, pullin ass is a waterfall in aughnasheelin, the mountain side of ballinamore,
    aughnasheelin is a parish made up entirely of waste (scrub) land, and the people there call themselves neddies, i am aware of this inside information on this area and its people, because my auntie was unlucky enough to end up marriied to a man from that parish,
    this will also give you an inside view on what kiltubrid thinks of neddyville, so basically aparts from the beutiful water fall with the barbwire in the bottom of the pond ,pullinass is in the middle of a desert, known as aughnasheelin or locally as neddynille

Thanks Leitrim Lad, all is clear now. Seen a post of yours for that drink "fun", can't remember it but do remember Mc Glynns as a youngster and George C, who is from the neighbouring Cloone. If memory serves me right, he had a loud & wild laugh.. memories...

ah yes he lives in a lovely little cottage, with a very steep hill behind it,i have a cousin married over your way, she is from mohill ,but married to a cloone man and living on the parish border of cloone /aughavas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mccabeherself

You have no idea how odd it is for me to see Leitrim villages and parishes discussed on a forum....!

Im from Cloone, everyone seems to know me in the Leitrim area though.

i think i know who you are ,im not going to mention your name,
    you might also know me, my cousin in married to the undertaker/publican from cloone, couldnt meet a nicer fella.

Hahaha theres my point exactly...

The older or younger publican?
    Im really bad at knowing people! I dont know many of the cousins in the family im thinking of though. Although I do know the family well enough.

the son is married to my cousin from keegans cross

Well I know who you are on about now! I work with your cousins in Mohill so:)

I cant place you though?

• Advertisement
Advertisement