Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeover a Restaurant for 25 people

Options
  • 05-01-2015 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to completely book out (take over) a small restaurant for a party in Dublin at the end of January. Numbers of about 25 people and looking for somewhere I can book for the night (maybe the 2nd seating).

Any suggestions for a restaurant like this in Dublin city centre?

Thanks
    Glen
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,895 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I think La Ruelle on Dawson Street can be entirely booked out for private parties.

Sherries on Abbey Street have a downstairs which can be privately booked.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I think La Ruelle on Dawson Street can be entirely booked out for private parties.

Sherries on Abbey Street have a downstairs which can be privately booked.

Many restaurants have 'upstairs' or separate areas you can reserve to yourselves.
    Would that do?
    Also, what sort of price range are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

La Cave on South Anne Street have an area you can book out upstairs, they do a great pre-theatre menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I imagine a lot of places would be delighted what with it being January and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

@Whiskeyman Yea could work, I was thinking separate rooms are a bit soulless sometimes but definitely open to suggestions.

Price range ~ €25/€30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

My only advice is to be very sure that you are going to have 25 people!

Speaking from experience, its not nice to book space for 20 people in a restaurant and only 6 turn up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Top floor of Pigs Ear would be perfect for this. Ely CHQ have private dining downstairs amongst the wine cellars, which is cool. Blackboard Bistro is the right size and the chef is fantastic. He's the kind of chef where you could ask him to cook something special for that particular night. He's remarkably french and his confit de canard is the best around.

As previous poster said, lots of options at this time of year. Most will box off a private space for you if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Probably way too late for Vintage Kitchen on Poolbeg Street but for me that would be ideal. Upstairs front room in Locke's could be very good either.

http://www.locksbrasserie.com/restaurant/

http://www.thevintagekitchen.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

Try Oscars in Christchurch. great food!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

carlaboi wrote: »
    Try Oscars in Christchurch. great food!

It's a pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

Thanks for all the suggestions. However the number have increased to 35 so I'm looking for slightly bigger venues if anyone has any suggestions left??

For anyone else looking in the 25-30 size group I'd recommend the BlackBoard Bistro for a nice room. Also the Green Hen.

The Vintage Kitchen looks nice but it's booked out on Fridays and Saturdays for months

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Have you talked to Isabel's on Baggot street. Dunno if they'd be in price bracket but it's worth calling. Especially if only for the 2nd seating.

Advertisement