Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

markjh wrote: »
    Signed up for an account during the week. Subscribed for entertainment package. Worked for a day and then they shut all down on me. Had to contact them three times to get an answer out of them. Eventually they told me that NowTV is not available in ROI. Funnily enough though, as part of the registration, Republic of Ireland is one of only three options for address.

Why do they allow you the register at all if they are going to turn around and cancel?

Same happened me. It seems the trick is to give Parcel Motel as your billing address if you are getting it delivered there. The address thing is weird alright, it seems they were already preparing to launch here by putting it in, but hasn't come about yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Forgive me for asking, but what does the NowTV box do for you?

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Forgive me for asking, but what does the NowTV box do for you?

It does same thing that nowtv app and chromecast can do for u ;) !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

tharmor wrote: »
    It does same thing that nowtv app and chromecast can do for u ;) !

Thanks, I think i know ;) although i don't have the nowtv app & never got chromecast working yet:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭ooter

Is there another thread on boards for technical issues with the now TV box?
    All of a sudden my box won't connect to the internet and if I try to log on to the now TV site to troubleshoot it's telling me to contact some phone number.
    Anyone know what the problem might be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

ooter wrote: »
    All of a sudden my box won't connect to the internet and if I try to log on to the now TV site to troubleshoot it's telling me to contact some phone number.

Think I read somewhere about
    switching to a specific wifi channel as opposed to auto on your modem helps with this. I could be wrong

ColdTurkey wrote: »
    Think I read somewhere about
    switching to a specific wifi channel as opposed to auto on your modem helps with this. I could be wrong

Cheers,wouldn't have a clue how to do that though.
    All other devices are working fine so don't want to mess them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Is your xbox connecting to the internet at all?
    connecting to xbox live?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

vibe666 wrote: »
    this might work to change the DNS on the NowTV without having to permanently change the DNS on your router. Not sure how I feel about sending ALL my DNS requests for everything on my network to Unotelly or whoever.

http://www.avforums.com/threads/guide-roku-changing-netflix-regions-quick-and-easy.1776722/
    ref vpn rtc,i got betternet vpn,free,and am able to get i player etc on p.c.,speedtested it via ookla,lost about 25percent on down load,but ok for watching tv etc

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Is your xbox connecting to the internet at all?
    connecting to xbox live?

Don't have an Xbox but the ps4 is connecting fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Don't have an Xbox but the ps4 is connecting fine.

I completely read your post wrong ha.. make it forget the network and try to reconnect

Shane_ef wrote: »
    I completely read your post wrong ha.. make it forget the network and try to reconnect

Yeah I tried that,still not connecting. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

I ran into this problem a while ago, the now tv box doesn't like wifi channel 13, if your router is set to auto its possible its presently on channel 13

Setting your wireless channel to manual and selecting a channel other than 13 could fix it.

If you're unsure how to do this you could just try rebooting your router, this may make it switch channels on its own to something else when it comes back up, no guarantee though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

If I was to buy this thing could I just use the tethering on my phone and watch YouTube on my TV via the box and an AV cable? I'd be happy to pay that price just to be able to watch YouTube alone. I have Sky subscription so dont need any of the channels or players.

If I was to buy this thing could I just use the tethering on my phone and watch YouTube on my TV via the box and an AV cable? I'd be happy to pay that price just to be able to watch YouTube alone. I have Sky subscription so dont need any of the channels or players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

ComfortKid wrote: »

There is a YouTube channel (app) available on the Roku store which you can install but it's very clunky to use. you can as you asked cast YouTube from your phone to the box and watch it on the TV. Go into settings on the YouTube channel first and look for 'pair device' I think to link it to your phone.

There is a YouTube channel (app) available on the Roku store which you can install but it's very clunky to use. you can as you asked cast YouTube from your phone to the box and watch it on the TV. Go into settings on the YouTube channel first and look for 'pair device' I think to link it to your phone.

Lovley, thanks. Going to order this Tuesday so. Seems a handy gadget for staying in hotels too plenty movies if I sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Yeah , its great that way.

You can cast from your phone. Its so much better to use the phone to search youtube as the app on the box is quite cumbersome to select letters and words

You can cast from your phone. Its so much better to use the phone to search youtube as the app on the box is quite cumbersome to select letters and words

Not sure how to cast? Dont even know what it is. I play the video on my phones YouTube app and it comes out on tv? Sorry, im stuck in the 80s technology wise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

how do i get one of these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Not sure how to cast? Dont even know what it is. I play the video on my phones YouTube app and it comes out on tv? Sorry, im stuck in the 80s technology wise

Have a look at the short Vid on the link. Although Now Tv is not chomecast, it works the same way in relation to youtube function.
    https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/2995235?hl=en

Have a look at the short Vid on the link. Although Now Tv is not chomecast, it works the same way in relation to youtube function.

Sorry for all the questions, but how much is Chromecast and would that be more suited to what I want it for? To watch my phone on the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Sorry for all the questions, but how much is Chromecast and would that be more suited to what I want it for? To watch my phone on the tv
    About 35 euro. Is it just YouTube you want onto your tv? Or do you want other apps aswell?

Joo0 wrote:
    About 35 euro. Is it just YouTube you want onto your tv? Or do you want other apps aswell?

Joo0 wrote:

Well youtube would do but if I could use Sky Go or Mobdro all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I just got one of these today in Sainsburys in Norn Iron. Without having to read hundreds of posts, can someone tell me or redirect me as to the quickest and easiest way to set one of these up for basic viewing and also the same for enhanced viewing via hacks? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

phobia2011 wrote: »
    how do i get one of these?

You buy one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Well youtube would do but if I could use Sky Go or Mobdro all the better.

I'd go for the chromecast over the nowtv box if it's just for that. But you still can't go wrong with a nowtv box. Chromecast would be faster than the nowtv box.
    Do you have fixxed broadband or just mobile broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

DubDJ wrote: »
    I tried it last night for the first time in a few weeks and it kept freezing half way through a program. So it was 15 minutes for me.

My advice is buy an Xbmc Android box,e100,got one recently loads of tv etc,etc,box sets movies,sports

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I just got one of these today in Sainsburys in Norn Iron. Without having to read hundreds of posts, can someone tell me or redirect me as to the quickest and easiest way to set one of these up for basic viewing and also the same for enhanced viewing via hacks? Thanks!

BUMP……please help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

My advice is buy an Xbmc Android box,e100,got one recently loads of tv etc,etc,box sets movies,sports

A fire TV stick will do the same job for half the price,very easy to sideload kodi (XBMC) and put the content on yourself

Advertisement